Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
Is seat 8G different from other J seats?

I noticed that seat 8G has a disabled symbol on the EF seat map. Does that seat have some different feature that makes it suitable/better for a disabled person?

What's different about 8G?
Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Fennario
I noticed that seat 8G has a disabled symbol on the EF seat map. Does that seat have some different feature that makes it suitable/better for a disabled person?
Perhaps something about armrests which makes the seat more easily accessible for a disabled person.
Fennario likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 3:21 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
LH462/2 Oct. as a SEN I opted for row 81, thinking since they are „starred“, they must be better seats than others.
I walked around the aircraft, and I noticed the front section of the upper deck is much noisier than the back part of the UD. Next time, I would opt for the back section.

I also noticed, that the main deck business was much colder than the UD, so glad we were on the UD.

seats were pretty disappointing. Not much space to store stuff for the aisle seat.
i had back pain after a couple of hours.
LX seating much much better.
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 3, 2023 at 4:34 am
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: United Plat
LH454 FRA-SFO, solo traveler
Not many seats left to select. I ruled out 4H and 9C. Considering between 11G and 88C. Both are at end of business sections. I don't mind being the last one getting food service. Hope for a nice sleep during this daytime flight.

11G: how is the noise from galley and premium economy?
88C: I think the only concern is if 88A needs to get out a lot.

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
Originally Posted by sfo3388
LH454 FRA-SFO, solo traveler
Not many seats left to select. I ruled out 4H and 9C. Considering between 11G and 88C. Both are at end of business sections. I don't mind being the last one getting food service. Hope for a nice sleep during this daytime flight.

11G: how is the noise from galley and premium economy?
88C: I think the only concern is if 88A needs to get out a lot.

Any suggestions?
11G for sure. My favorite seat! Last row, super quiet, no foot traffic, lavatory galley upfront. Middle seats further apart for more personal space, wider foot box, lots of storage in overhead bin and direct aisle access 👍👍88C noisy….lavatory and galley right there plus window seat passenger has to step over you.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Looking for the optimal pair of seats on the upper deck of the 747-8. I see row 84 has a gap between it and row 83 due to the emergency exit/flight attendant seat. Does row 84 then offer any additional space than other rows or is it identical? Some seem to prefer this since there is no one directly in front of you.

Right now it looks like 81-83 is blocked (maybe that's normal until you get closer to the flight). My wife and I will have our 7 month old son with us as well. Thanks in advance!
I’m currently booked in row 84… did you stay & fly in 84? If so how was it??
Old Nov 9, 2023, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by BBQtraveler
I’m currently booked in row 84… did you stay & fly in 84? If so how was it??
You don´t really get any additional space in row 84, despite it being set up like a bulk head row due to the exits in front. Also note that the bar/service carts will be parked in the emergency exit duing meal service and on top of your bulk head may be used during service as overflow space during the service, if you mind that sort of thing.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 4:49 am

For tall people the best business seats in LH 747-800 are the ones in the lower deck in the middle row, because you will have more legroom when you are turning around. If this does not apply the upper deck is great.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by myfanfan9
If you and your spouse want to be "close" to each other, pick 3D/G, as these are the only seats together.
Sure 3A or 3K are nearby, but at least you are really together for a honeymoon trip. If you pick 1A/1K, you have the door where FA store bedlinen, duvet and so on, inbetween the two of you.

I also find that row 1 is very close to the wall. If you like to relax, the back seats give a much wider perspective of the cabin.
Is it bothersome with cabin commotion to be in 3D/G? Don't FAs set up a small working station in front of these seats? Or is it still quite private for a couple sitting there? Or is it preferable to be in 2K, 3K as a couple?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.