Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by RedRobin
Hello, I read the thread and used the search button, but did not find much of what I wanted for answer for the two questions I have, both for 748 config.

1) U/D: overhead bin is the same size of main floor? Much smaller? (I know about the window storage, but wanted to know about the real size dif. btween upper deck and main deck overhead storage bins.

2) main deck, since there is no "3" seating in business, what is the best with wife and baby? window/aisle/aisle (center section) or U/D window/aisle/aisle. (the lower deck center seats have better separation space than U/D seats?)

Thanks in advance,
Does your baby need a bassinet? Your choices might be limited if you need one. The aisle seat on the window/aisle bassinet row has less space than other seats.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Does your baby need a bassinet?
Thanks for the reply. no at this point, she's over 2 and already has a paid seat, so no bassinet. the reason i picked row 6 was to be in the middle, so its a "regular seat" and hopefully not too much noise/foot traffic...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:50 am

What would be the best seat in PE?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Bronze, S7 Приоритет, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by herzmeh
What would be the best seat in PE?
Just on my way to LAX in PE seat 21K (Window/Exit Row). It really depends on what you are looking for.

If you value unlimited legroom/easy aisle access/ability to work on notebook, I think 21A/21K are the best seats. Downsides: Bathroom view, not very quiet, cold (near door).

If you value privacy/quietness, better to go with one of the other rows (seats in these other rows are all the same).

See this article with more details and photos:
http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...remium-economy
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Question 747-8i - upper deck?

I have an opportunity to fly on a 747-8i in business, should I opt for a seat on the upper deck? Have never sat there before... only seat left is window, right in the last row (88K). Is that too close to the lavatories would you say, or is it worth it just for the upper deck experience?

Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:00 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I loved the windows compartment which was big enough to hold my entire backpack. I don't know about the flushing noises from the toilet, however.

HTB.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
I'm usually by myself, so I always take the middle seats on the main deck (business class) because you get more feet room.

However, LH is switching to A380 on LAX<->FRA so we'll see how this goes (new C of course).
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Thanks for the responses. FWIW I ended up choosing centre aisle (6D) in the main business section downstairs - plenty of room, nobody climbing over me and I was still able to look out of the windows.
The only problem was a suspicious brown streak on the seat! Fortunately there was an empty seat just two rows behind me....
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by ParisMoskau
Just on my way to LAX in PE seat 21K (Window/Exit Row). It really depends on what you are looking for.

If you value unlimited legroom/easy aisle access/ability to work on notebook, I think 21A/21K are the best seats. Downsides: Bathroom view, not very quiet, cold (near door).

If you value privacy/quietness, better to go with one of the other rows (seats in these other rows are all the same).

See this article with more details and photos:
http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...remium-economy
Thanks! I'm actually most interested in the legrest, so looking at the front row. Is it actually useable? Does it make any difference vs the legrest in other rows?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Bronze, S7 Приоритет, TrueBlue
Thanks! I'm actually most interested in the legrest, so looking at the front row. Is it actually useable? Does it make any difference vs the legrest in other rows?
For me it wasn't usable (too short), but then I am quite tall (6"4).
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
PE only has a legrest in the first row, the other seats have no legrest.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
PE only has a legrest in the first row, the other seats have no legrest.
I meant footrest in other rows...

Useable for a 5'10" person?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
I meant footrest in other rows...

Useable for a 5'10" person?
Got a segment in a non-first row tomorrow (albeit on A346) and am 6'3", will let you know. If there is internet on board, will report directly from the flight.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Got a segment in a non-first row tomorrow (albeit on A346) and am 6'3", will let you know. If there is internet on board, will report directly from the flight.
Tough luck. Equipment swap. 346 with old C and old Y, no Y+, sorry.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
From the photos in previous pages it seems that row 27 (first row of E-) has very good space due to being the first row after PE rows. Is that correct?

On seatguru I can see that I will be on version 3 of B748i.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.