Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:13 pm

Wife and I are flying LH 748 LAX-FRA this summer and there are some seats available on the UD still. 85-88 H/K are wide open. I'd like a window that I can look out of when sitting in the seat and not be staring at the space between the two windows. What do you guys suggest?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Wife and I are flying LH 748 LAX-FRA this summer and there are some seats available on the UD still. 85-88 H/K are wide open. I'd like a window that I can look out of when sitting in the seat and not be staring at the space between the two windows. What do you guys suggest?
It seems that on all of my C ride in the 748 that I sat in 85 or 86. No problems with windows or spacing. You'll have that storage compartment between you and the fuselage but should not impede your views.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
It seems that on all of my C ride in the 748 that I sat in 85 or 86. No problems with windows or spacing. You'll have that storage compartment between you and the fuselage but should not impede your views.
Thanks! Went ahead and chose 85H/K.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by highflier1979
I was in 1A this weekend. Very comfortable seat. I like the curve of the nose. But, as happens so often when I sit in that seat on many airlines, FA do not just walk past, and they sometimes forget the pax up there. It took a while to get refills on water without bringing it to their attention.
1A and 1K not available. How is 2A? Tough to climb over person in 2K? Wonder whether should get aisle seat if not in row 1?
Thoughts appreciated
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anandrag
1A and 1K not available. How is 2A? Tough to climb over person in 2K? Wonder whether should get aisle seat if not in row 1?
Thoughts appreciated
In 2A on the 748i with Lufthansa you are in a single seat in First- no one to climb over at all as you are right on the aisle. I don't see any difference really in rows 1 and 2 in First.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
In 2A on the 748i with Lufthansa you are in a single seat in First- no one to climb over at all as you are right on the aisle. I don't see any difference really in rows 1 and 2 in First.
Returned on 747-8 yesterday FRA-ORD and was in 1K. I had to periodically get my hand carry in overhead bin, which is over row 2 seat. Kind of awkward to have to "invade" the privacy of cabin mate in 2K when he was awake. No one walks past your seat in row 1 seats, including FAs who store wines and water on the center console next to row 2 seats. Downside is when the seat bedding and duvets are being retrieved and stored, but that pretty much happens all at one time after main meal and just before landing.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Abandoned the upper deck and slipped into 1K for my upcoming IAD-FRA flight, very pleased with myself...kind of.

I have an odd question, probably dumb or just showing my inexperience. Can one still see the wing from the nose seats?? Originally I wanted UD and I wanted to see the wing. I'm pleased about trading up a class and not having to worry about stepping over a seat mate but i almost didn't do it because I want to see that big beautiful Boeing wing!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
+1 .... Have sat in both seats and identical feel other than being closer to the closet to the nose.....3a / k will start to become a bit busier due to galley/closets and the middle 2 seats.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Feeling great! Equipment change for LH 405 out of JFK next week to 748i. Snagged 85K....window seat on UD...I'm 8 again! I've actually flown in a window seat on the UD (on the late Swissair) when I was 8!!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
+1 .... Have sat in both seats and identical feel other than being closer to the closet to the nose.....3a / k will start to become a bit busier due to galley/closets and the middle 2 seats.
Agree, sat in 1A, 1K, 2K and 3K - liked 3K the least by far.
When i flew with my partner we did 1a/1k instead of the middle 3 seats - much better in my opinion. Unless you need to hold hands ;-)

My next two flights are 1A and 2A. My favourites.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Does D-ABYA have wifi at this point?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All 748 have Flynet by now.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All 748 have Flynet by now.
And today on LH498 it actually works ^
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by MoritzT
And today on LH498 it actually works ^
Are there any public statistics on the reliability (speed, latency, ...) of the connection? What price are they charging for it nowadays?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mmff
Are there any public statistics on the reliability (speed, latency, ...) of the connection? What price are they charging for it nowadays?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-flynet-7.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.