Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
May be Sharapova was the reason to keep the cabin cold, since people in the F cabin will get HOT when seeing her
Well, I was travelling together with the HOTTEST for me, which is still my WIFE even after 28 years together. @:-) ^

Actually after boarding and before t/o Maria Sharapova was sitting there with at least 3 blankets and you could only see her nose, eyes and some part of the hairs. I only did recognize later who it was.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Best seats in F 747-8?

I know most people here would say the new 744 F is the best product out there right now, but I am really excited to fly on the 748 with my fiance on our honeymoon. the whole bed & seat deal is nice on the 744, but Im more of the type that like to sit back, watch a movie and dose off instead of actually crawling into bed on my flights.

So, I am picking the 748 over the 744 next week. I am assuming that 1A/1K are the best seats for a couple?

I know the cabin is said to be a bit cramped, especially when compared to the A380.

thanks for your input!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:54 pm

Pick 1AK and if not available 2AK.
In row 3 and 4 the seats are very close together, row 3 even has a smaller footrest.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
In row 3 and 4 the seats are very close together, row 3 even has a smaller footrest.
+1 except that there is no row 4.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
If you and your spouse want to be "close" to each other, pick 3D/G, as these are the only seats together.
Sure 3A or 3K are nearby, but at least you are really together for a honeymoon trip. If you pick 1A/1K, you have the door where FA store bedlinen, duvet and so on, inbetween the two of you.

I also find that row 1 is very close to the wall. If you like to relax, the back seats give a much wider perspective of the cabin.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by myfanfan9
If you and your spouse want to be "close" to each other, pick 3D/G, as these are the only seats together.
Sure 3A or 3K are nearby, but at least you are really together for a honeymoon trip. If you pick 1A/1K, you have the door where FA store bedlinen, duvet and so on, inbetween the two of you.

I also find that row 1 is very close to the wall. If you like to relax, the back seats give a much wider perspective of the cabin.
I cant fly without being next to the window... plus, I feel 1A/1K will have us close enough to each other and we both get a window.

I agree on being close to the wall... and it will likely annoy me, but it will be cool to be in 1A/1K together angles towards each other.

thanks everyone!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
LAX-FRA

Just flew LAX-FRA on 747-8, requesting a bassinet for my 10 month old. My mom and I were in 10 H-K (There is no bassinet in 10 D-G). While the lie-flat seat is nice the position of the bassinet is in a rather awkward position, with it being high up above the monitor consoles. It is so high that I almost had to lift my baby above my head (I am 5'8") to put her into the bassinet. There is not much room between the bassinet and the overhead storage compartment. So in order to avoid bumping my baby's head I had to be very, very careful when I put her in there.

Also, 10 H's seat is slanted in such a way that there really isn't much room at the foot when compared to the other seats. My mom is not tall so it wasn't a big problem. But I imagine it can be very tight for someone who is taller.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:54 am

bulkhead seats 747 8i v2

Taking a 747-8i V2 LAX- FRT

Got first row coach bulkhead 16 AB. Seat guru says these have less than normal legroom and the center first row 18 DEFG have more than normal. LH says they are all the same. Should we switch to center?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
On the upper deck, two questions regarding row 84:

1. Do 84A and/or 84K have a full set of windows?

2. Also, it looks as if 84AC and 84HK are offset in the cabin - does one side offer an advantage or benefit?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by geo1005
On the upper deck, two questions regarding row 84:

1. Do 84A and/or 84K have a full set of windows?

2. Also, it looks as if 84AC and 84HK are offset in the cabin - does one side offer an advantage or benefit?
I will add my own comments on the above now that I have returned.

84AC and 84 HK are offset. Both sides are great and I'd take either on the upper deck as first choice. That said, as the rows on the upper deck are offset, 84 HK have three windows while 84AC have only two. 84H & 84K would be first choice IMO!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, AF, BA, KE, SQ, CX, DL, TG
So if you are a solo traveler, there is no question that 2A/K are the best in F cabin. I enjoyed it a lot while other flight I was in 1A and heard some noise from 1K when he woke up before me
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1P, UA Chase Mileage Plus Platinum
Better Bassinet Row: 4 or 10?

I called to request a bassinet today and was offered either 4A&C or 10A&C. I selected row 4 to be away from galley and the stairs.

Have not seen any discussion about any distinction between these two rows or distinction between the full J cabin and the mini J cabin.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Row 16?

Can anyone comment on the legroom in row 16 (economy bulkhead on the 8/80/298 748i variant)?

The LH seatmap shows extra legroom across the entire row - but SeatGuru indicates that 16ABCHJK may have restricted legroom while the center seats 16DEFG have extra legroom.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1P, UA Chase Mileage Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by rfmaverick
Have not seen any discussion about any distinction between these two rows or distinction between the full J cabin and the mini J cabin.
Any thoughts on the difference between the mini J cabin (Rows 10-11) and the main J cabin (Rows 4-9) on the main deck of the v2 layout?

Last edited by rfmaverick; Nov 7, 2013 at 10:54 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by geo1005
I will add my own comments on the above now that I have returned.

84AC and 84 HK are offset. Both sides are great and I'd take either on the upper deck as first choice. That said, as the rows on the upper deck are offset, 84 HK have three windows while 84AC have only two. 84H & 84K would be first choice IMO!
I just got off an overnight flight in 84K and would recommend against sitting there (or in row 84 altogether). The magazine racks are located in the bulkhead directly in front of the seats (i.e. where your feet go). On multiple occasions while I was sleeping, people came up and opened the magazine racks, which was quite loud and proved to be quite jarring. I don't think there was any more room in this row than in others. I would suggest something farther forward (anything farther back will be closer to the galley). Just my two cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.