Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Website Continually Not Functional

JetBlue Website Continually Not Functional

Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:01 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Prisoner of EWR
Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Posts: 153
Their head of technology should be fired and never work in software again. Their website has sucked for years, and is only getting worse, the mobile app is totally flaky. I can't even log in anymore reliably. I want to book roundtrip tickets to London for 7 people, and I've been trying to log in for days. I have their sucky credit card, tons of points in True Blue, and candidly, I've lost interest in using them as carrier because you simply cannot communicate with them. And their previously differentiated product is no longer any different than UA or any others. Even their competitive pricing is now gone.... true, some may be due to the past almost 2 years of horrible revenue, but still, they are now almost always the high cost producer on lots of routes out of NY/NJ for me at least.
so152so14 and Cat88L3 like this.
wingnuthead is offline  
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:48 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 67
Angry

Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Their head of technology should be fired and never work in software again. Their website has sucked for years, and is only getting worse, the mobile app is totally flaky. I can't even log in anymore reliably. I want to book roundtrip tickets to London for 7 people, and I've been trying to log in for days. I have their sucky credit card, tons of points in True Blue, and candidly, I've lost interest in using them as carrier because you simply cannot communicate with them. And their previously differentiated product is no longer any different than UA or any others. Even their competitive pricing is now gone.... true, some may be due to the past almost 2 years of horrible revenue, but still, they are now almost always the high cost producer on lots of routes out of NY/NJ for me at least.
My feelings exactly. This really is beyond a joke. Have been unable to access 75% of my bookings for months. Chat agents can make the necessary changes, but I shouldn't have to spend 2 hours on chat every time I want to check something. Most companies are trying to enable the customer to help themselves - B6 is making that impossible.
seanp7, nyjoe4 and Cat88L3 like this.
so152so14 is offline  
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:31 pm
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Posts: 16,946
I am about to book a trip for this weekend on AA. If I book the JB codeshare it is $5 cheaper, but then I won't get my AS elite benefits and I will be at the whims of JB IT. My sanity is worth $5 more. (Not to say AA will be any better, but it couldn't be worse.)

-J.
nyjoe4 likes this.
GW McLintock is offline  
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:22 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Prisoner of EWR
Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Posts: 153
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I am about to book a trip for this weekend on AA. If I book the JB codeshare it is $5 cheaper, but then I won't get my AS elite benefits and I will be at the whims of JB IT. My sanity is worth $5 more. (Not to say AA will be any better, but it couldn't be worse.)

-J.
True, but at least the AA digital stuff, website and mobile app are pretty reliable most of the time!
GW McLintock likes this.
wingnuthead is offline  
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:37 pm
  #20  
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: autoslash.com | hotelslash.com
Posts: 5,696
Don't even get me started on this. I have had so many issues over the past few months, it's ridiculous. I have one itin where it shows:

Ticket number No ticket Issued

Then right under it, I see it says:

Ticket number 3412176003231 (not the actual ticket#)

It shows that a seat isn't assigned, which is annoying because I paid in points as a Mosaic to upgrade to EMS.

I called in and the rep is like, I see you in seat 2A, so I'm like well, why doesn't the Jetblue website show that and the rep says, I have absolutely no idea. Great, that gives me a lot of confidence.
AutoSlash is offline  
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:23 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Their head of technology should be fired and never work in software again. Their website has sucked for years, and is only getting worse, the mobile app is totally flaky. I can't even log in anymore reliably. I want to book roundtrip tickets to London for 7 people, and I've been trying to log in for days. I have their sucky credit card, tons of points in True Blue, and candidly, I've lost interest in using them as carrier because you simply cannot communicate with them. And their previously differentiated product is no longer any different than UA or any others. Even their competitive pricing is now gone.... true, some may be due to the past almost 2 years of horrible revenue, but still, they are now almost always the high cost producer on lots of routes out of NY/NJ for me at least.
Good call. The only reason I decided to book jetblue this time around is that P2 and I did points pooling and finally used up all our points, and plan to probably never fly them again after this. Seriously all the other airlines have proper working apps and websites. It is 2021.
aimango is offline  
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:43 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MCO
Posts: 384
What a joke, tried multiple times on both the website and the app to book award flights with error message each time. After waiting an hour on the phone, the agent had the audacity to try to charge the $25 phone booking fee.
gbdbld is offline  
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:47 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Connecticut
Programs: JetBlue
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by aimango
Good call. The only reason I decided to book jetblue this time around is that P2 and I did points pooling and finally used up all our points, and plan to probably never fly them again after this. Seriously all the other airlines have proper working apps and websites. It is 2021.
Sadly you can't fix a problem if you don't acknowledge you have a problem. I don't believe JetBlue understands the magnitude of their IT/DT problems. I think this is similar to Amazon logistics. Amazon logistics' pathetic delivery service is costing Amazon millions in sales. Amazon seems to not get it. Jetblue's pathetic IT/DT department is now costing JetBlue money. How much? Time will tell. Decisions are made everyday in boardrooms that cause companies to go out of business. Look at Sears. They had everything in place to be the next Amazon. Sears did nothing and now they will be soon out of business. I hope JetBlue stays in business long enough for me to use my large cache of points. I often ask my supervisor if we are in business to make products, sell products, and service our customers? Or are we in business to make a profit and making products, selling products, and servicing our customers is only a secondary issue? Almost every instance points to the latter and not the former.
Jimval26 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:07 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 80
This has been my exact experience. Chatted on twitter with them and also talked to a phone rep in late Nov. They said everything looks fine with my ticket and my seat, even though website shows "no ticket issued" and that my seat hasn't been assigned. They said they'd let IT know, but the res still hasn't been fixed.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Don't even get me started on this. I have had so many issues over the past few months, it's ridiculous. I have one itin where it shows:

Ticket number No ticket Issued

Then right under it, I see it says:

Ticket number 3412176003231 (not the actual ticket#)

It shows that a seat isn't assigned, which is annoying because I paid in points as a Mosaic to upgrade to EMS.

I called in and the rep is like, I see you in seat 2A, so I'm like well, why doesn't the Jetblue website show that and the rep says, I have absolutely no idea. Great, that gives me a lot of confidence.
darkice81 is offline  
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:46 am
  #25  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Posts: 16,946
Well .... me. I may have to cancel my trip in February, which will now require calling them. Good thing I am off this week as it will probably take a day or two to get through to someone!

-J.
GW McLintock is offline  
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:30 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: BOS/SIN
Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Posts: 1,807
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Well .... me. I may have to cancel my trip in February, which will now require calling them. Good thing I am off this week as it will probably take a day or two to get through to someone!

-J.
I had no issues cancelling a bunch of trips via text took like 15 min to get hold of an agent and the $$ was in my travelbank soon after. I usually try to avoid calling as much as possible and find that the text agents are pretty good for easy things
truncated is online now  
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:10 pm
  #27  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Posts: 16,946
Originally Posted by truncated
I had no issues cancelling a bunch of trips via text took like 15 min to get hold of an agent and the $$ was in my travelbank soon after. I usually try to avoid calling as much as possible and find that the text agents are pretty good for easy things
I am canceling a points reservation, but I forgot the few dollars in fees is now going into a Travel Bank probably. Ugh.

This is a one way ticket. I had the other way booked on Delta and was able to cancel that in under 2 minutes, with the points redeposited and the $5.60 back on my credit card shortly thereafter. I am now going on 25 minutes waiting on the JB chat.

-J.
GW McLintock is offline  
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:10 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Posts: 193
looks like their website is getting a ton of traffic these days with all their cancellations....
dx3003 is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:46 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,485
I feel like things have gotten worse in the past year because they are probably implementing a bunch of changes in the backend to support NEA. This is the first major partner that they've had. So while AA can easily get B6 added into their system. The opposite is not true. So we are seeing so many issues. Hopefully, most of these things will get fixed over 2022.
tphuang is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:24 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS/DFW/JFK/LGA/EWR/MIA
Posts: 1,073
Originally Posted by tphuang
I feel like things have gotten worse in the past year because they are probably implementing a bunch of changes in the backend to support NEA. This is the first major partner that they've had. So while AA can easily get B6 added into their system. The opposite is not true. So we are seeing so many issues. Hopefully, most of these things will get fixed over 2022.
i cant log into the website for the past week. and cant reset password either. tells me account doesnt exist. calling tells me i need to wait 100+minutes. dude. cmon.

anyone else?

and theres another thread about this as well:
Problems logging into JetBlue website
GundamWing01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.