Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Website Continually Not Functional

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Website Continually Not Functional

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Their head of technology should be fired and never work in software again. Their website has sucked for years, and is only getting worse, the mobile app is totally flaky. I can't even log in anymore reliably. I want to book roundtrip tickets to London for 7 people, and I've been trying to log in for days. I have their sucky credit card, tons of points in True Blue, and candidly, I've lost interest in using them as carrier because you simply cannot communicate with them. And their previously differentiated product is no longer any different than UA or any others. Even their competitive pricing is now gone.... true, some may be due to the past almost 2 years of horrible revenue, but still, they are now almost always the high cost producer on lots of routes out of NY/NJ for me at least.
so152so14 and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:48 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Their head of technology should be fired and never work in software again. Their website has sucked for years, and is only getting worse, the mobile app is totally flaky. I can't even log in anymore reliably. I want to book roundtrip tickets to London for 7 people, and I've been trying to log in for days. I have their sucky credit card, tons of points in True Blue, and candidly, I've lost interest in using them as carrier because you simply cannot communicate with them. And their previously differentiated product is no longer any different than UA or any others. Even their competitive pricing is now gone.... true, some may be due to the past almost 2 years of horrible revenue, but still, they are now almost always the high cost producer on lots of routes out of NY/NJ for me at least.
My feelings exactly. This really is beyond a joke. Have been unable to access 75% of my bookings for months. Chat agents can make the necessary changes, but I shouldn't have to spend 2 hours on chat every time I want to check something. Most companies are trying to enable the customer to help themselves - B6 is making that impossible.
seanp7, nyjoe4 and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I am about to book a trip for this weekend on AA. If I book the JB codeshare it is $5 cheaper, but then I won't get my AS elite benefits and I will be at the whims of JB IT. My sanity is worth $5 more. (Not to say AA will be any better, but it couldn't be worse.)

-J.
nyjoe4 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I am about to book a trip for this weekend on AA. If I book the JB codeshare it is $5 cheaper, but then I won't get my AS elite benefits and I will be at the whims of JB IT. My sanity is worth $5 more. (Not to say AA will be any better, but it couldn't be worse.)

-J.
True, but at least the AA digital stuff, website and mobile app are pretty reliable most of the time!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:37 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Don't even get me started on this. I have had so many issues over the past few months, it's ridiculous. I have one itin where it shows:

Ticket number No ticket Issued

Then right under it, I see it says:

Ticket number 3412176003231 (not the actual ticket#)

It shows that a seat isn't assigned, which is annoying because I paid in points as a Mosaic to upgrade to EMS.

I called in and the rep is like, I see you in seat 2A, so I'm like well, why doesn't the Jetblue website show that and the rep says, I have absolutely no idea. Great, that gives me a lot of confidence.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Good call. The only reason I decided to book jetblue this time around is that P2 and I did points pooling and finally used up all our points, and plan to probably never fly them again after this. Seriously all the other airlines have proper working apps and websites. It is 2021.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:43 pm

What a joke, tried multiple times on both the website and the app to book award flights with error message each time. After waiting an hour on the phone, the agent had the audacity to try to charge the $25 phone booking fee.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: JetBlue
Originally Posted by aimango
Good call. The only reason I decided to book jetblue this time around is that P2 and I did points pooling and finally used up all our points, and plan to probably never fly them again after this. Seriously all the other airlines have proper working apps and websites. It is 2021.
Sadly you can't fix a problem if you don't acknowledge you have a problem. I don't believe JetBlue understands the magnitude of their IT/DT problems. I think this is similar to Amazon logistics. Amazon logistics' pathetic delivery service is costing Amazon millions in sales. Amazon seems to not get it. Jetblue's pathetic IT/DT department is now costing JetBlue money. How much? Time will tell. Decisions are made everyday in boardrooms that cause companies to go out of business. Look at Sears. They had everything in place to be the next Amazon. Sears did nothing and now they will be soon out of business. I hope JetBlue stays in business long enough for me to use my large cache of points. I often ask my supervisor if we are in business to make products, sell products, and service our customers? Or are we in business to make a profit and making products, selling products, and servicing our customers is only a secondary issue? Almost every instance points to the latter and not the former.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:07 am

This has been my exact experience. Chatted on twitter with them and also talked to a phone rep in late Nov. They said everything looks fine with my ticket and my seat, even though website shows "no ticket issued" and that my seat hasn't been assigned. They said they'd let IT know, but the res still hasn't been fixed.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Don't even get me started on this. I have had so many issues over the past few months, it's ridiculous. I have one itin where it shows:

Ticket number No ticket Issued

Then right under it, I see it says:

Ticket number 3412176003231 (not the actual ticket#)

It shows that a seat isn't assigned, which is annoying because I paid in points as a Mosaic to upgrade to EMS.

I called in and the rep is like, I see you in seat 2A, so I'm like well, why doesn't the Jetblue website show that and the rep says, I have absolutely no idea. Great, that gives me a lot of confidence.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Well .... me. I may have to cancel my trip in February, which will now require calling them. Good thing I am off this week as it will probably take a day or two to get through to someone!

-J.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Well .... me. I may have to cancel my trip in February, which will now require calling them. Good thing I am off this week as it will probably take a day or two to get through to someone!

-J.
I had no issues cancelling a bunch of trips via text — took like 15 min to get hold of an agent and the $$ was in my travelbank soon after. I usually try to avoid calling as much as possible and find that the text agents are pretty good for easy things
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by truncated
I had no issues cancelling a bunch of trips via text — took like 15 min to get hold of an agent and the $$ was in my travelbank soon after. I usually try to avoid calling as much as possible and find that the text agents are pretty good for easy things
I am canceling a points reservation, but I forgot the few dollars in fees is now going into a Travel Bank probably. Ugh.

This is a one way ticket. I had the other way booked on Delta and was able to cancel that in under 2 minutes, with the points redeposited and the $5.60 back on my credit card shortly thereafter. I am now going on 25 minutes waiting on the JB chat.

-J.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
looks like their website is getting a ton of traffic these days with all their cancellations....
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:46 am

I feel like things have gotten worse in the past year because they are probably implementing a bunch of changes in the backend to support NEA. This is the first major partner that they've had. So while AA can easily get B6 added into their system. The opposite is not true. So we are seeing so many issues. Hopefully, most of these things will get fixed over 2022.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang
I feel like things have gotten worse in the past year because they are probably implementing a bunch of changes in the backend to support NEA. This is the first major partner that they've had. So while AA can easily get B6 added into their system. The opposite is not true. So we are seeing so many issues. Hopefully, most of these things will get fixed over 2022.
i cant log into the website for the past week. and cant reset password either. tells me account doesnt exist. calling tells me i need to wait 100+minutes. dude. cmon.

anyone else?

and theres another thread about this as well:
Problems logging into JetBlue website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.