Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Website Continually Not Functional

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Website Continually Not Functional

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by MattInLAX
This could have just been random luck considering how screwed up their website it - it just starts working again and stops working again on a whim - but when I have had the redirects error, I have cleared my cookies for jetblue, and been able to get around it.
Appreciate the suggestion, but this has occurred repeatedly over a several day period, and I tried three browsers on two different machines, plus the mobile app.
sxpsxpsxp likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:40 pm

I've spent three hours on the phone over two nights and trying to book flights on the website and the app. I finally had success tonight after errors and cancels... I was transferred to an interline person who was sarcastic to me telling me. I NEED TO UPDATE MY APP. WHAT ABOUT YOUR WEBSITE I countered? Then I was just sick of it all. She did successfully book my flight but added that I must have done something wrong because I had ff # listed twice. Hey lady, it's not my phone or computer. It's your IT that is sucking wind here. After I stewed a little bit I went back to their website, well, whattaya know, it let me log in with no issue. What the hell is going there? I had enough and decided to cancel and paid a little more to use Southwest for the trip with less of a layover to boot. I did that after I looked up the fact that the second leg of my flight was on jetBlue partner airline Silver. After a few minutes research on them I bailed on jetBlue and cancelled.
Get your .... together jetBlue! to partner with Silver after reading about them is a joke. I'll try you again next spring maybe and see where you're at.

This thread was started in November of last year and here you are in August the next year and still don't have it together? Whoa. That is BAD!
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
This week might be getting heavier traffic due to a promo they are running for the fall Weeklong JetBlue fall sale begins, with one-way flights starting at $39 (thepointsguy.com)
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:04 am

Talk about "non-functional". My JB points from Barclay posted last night. I have 82,106 points. I go to redeem for a Mint seat. 105,000 points. I pay with points+cash. The slider goes up to 81,690 plus $408.10 I click Checkout. It changes from $408.10 to $5,622.21 and 81,653 points. WTH?

I've tried different browsers and even changing the slider bar. No matter what it shows on that screen in dollars, it changes to THOUSANDS when you click checkout. The flight, in pure cash, BTW is about $1,100 and total points is 105,000.

Update:
So after 45 minutes in "chat" with a JB rep who disconnected me as "resolved", I got another rep who didn't bother reading what I'd chatted, but eventually I was able to get it through to her what was going on (you apparently cannot send screenshots in chat). She saw the same thing and checked with her supervisor. The story is apparently there's certain fare buckets that need to be available for points+cash, and it wasn't available, so it was pricing the cash portion as the FULLY REFUNDABLE fare (which is like $7,000). I'm not sure I buy that since the full cash (non-refundable) fare was available, but I don't know enough about JB Fare buckets and all the inner workings. So the website is still glitchy in that it initially prices out as the cash portion/non-refundable price, but when you click Checkout, it changes the cash price (and the points as well).

Fortunately I have Chase UR and transferred 23,000 points over to get the full 105,000 points and booked. May not be the best use of Chase UR, but 105,000 for a $1200 ticket (1,180 or so) seemed not terrible.

Last edited by hurnik; Aug 24, 2022 at 11:54 am Reason: Updated
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by jtp1947
Do any JetBlue staff monitor this site
Yes

Originally Posted by jtp1947
or do they just not give a ....
Also yes.
GoBob, jtp1947 and GW McLintock like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Something I noticed today (and I may have noticed but never thought more about in the past) is that when logging in, if you use the wrong password, there seems to be no limit on login attempts. This is to say that you could try logging in 5+ times and it will never lock you out. This is basic cybersecurity protocol and the fact that they don't do this is kind of scary.

-J.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
A new glitch I found today: when selecting seats (on a points booking), it says I do not have enough points to select what is a $0 seat, and then proceeds to let me select it

-J.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
A new glitch I found today: when selecting seats (on a points booking), it says I do not have enough points to select what is a $0 seat, and then proceeds to let me select it

-J.
hopefully one day their IT will be so bad we can pick an EMS seat and it wont even charge us lol
Old Sep 9, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Antithesis: I was able to cancel an award booking today and rebook it at a lower rate (saving 500 points) in under 5 minutes. Things are improving!

-J.
mikejeep likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
Not sure if this is part of the website issues or not, or when they made this change... but I'm unable to look up any mint fares or standard fares - the website is only allowing me to book Blue basic fares. Anyone else having this problem?
The Android app sometimes reports Mint sold out on all flights on my search (FLL - SFO 1/7/23) . The browser correctly shows it available, and a few minutes later the app does too. I've seen this at least twice.

Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Something I noticed today (and I may have noticed but never thought more about in the past) is that when logging in, if you use the wrong password, there seems to be no limit on login attempts. This is to say that you could try logging in 5+ times and it will never lock you out. This is basic cybersecurity protocol and the fact that they don't do this is kind of scary.
Will it actually let you log in after 5 attempts? Some sites will keep showing a generic "wrong password" message even though you've actually been locked out -- which I think could be considered a more secure approach. If not.. yikes..
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikejeep
Will it actually let you log in after 5 attempts? Some sites will keep showing a generic "wrong password" message even though you've actually been locked out -- which I think could be considered a more secure approach. If not.. yikes..
Heh... you are right. I just did some brute force testing and now I have to come up with a new password since I don't remember which one I used anymore

(To do this test I created a new password, then I intentionally used variations of it to try and log in unsuccessfully. After several tries I used the correct password and received the same error.)

So I guess they [think they] know what they're doing.

-J.
mikejeep likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Interesting exchange with a Twitter representative. It's really unfortunate how wretched B6's website and app are- and have been for months.

I received a schedule change notification. Tried to update it online to no avail. Tried logging into my account to do it- that didn't work either. Can't even access the reservation... get an hourglass.

Contacted Twitter (phone waits are ridiculous) and got this interesting reply.

"Sometimes after a reservation has been changed, it can no longer be managed online. We're sorry for any frustration. Our IT team is aware, and working toward a resolution."

Indeed, that is the case. But seriously? That's kind of um, a serious shortcoming....
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It’s a canned response. Their IT has been aware of it for YEARS and it either is unfixable or they don’t want to fix it.
bostontraveler and Jimval26 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by diburning
It’s a canned response. Their IT has been aware of it for YEARS and it either is unfixable or they don’t want to fix it.
wow... into the realm of incompetence we go... incredible...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.