Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009 | 2:46 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by beedo
any body got a clue on how i can sell my royal ambassador certificate on e-bay or amazon?
and how much is it worth ?
Would you like me to walk you through every step of the process including how to set up an eBay acct, how to set up a Paypal acct, how to list your RA cert so it gets the most views, how to do shipping, which eBay Int'l sites for you to list at, etc????????
Old May 17, 2009 | 3:47 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
not sure if it was asked as i tried to search here, but I would like to know if RA is for IC hotels only and not honored in other hotels?
Old May 17, 2009 | 4:35 am

If you are an RA, then you are Automatically also a PC Platinum member, which gives you Plat bennies at all non-IC properties within the IHG chain (not that those Plat bennies are anything to write home about).
Old May 17, 2009 | 4:50 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
If you are an RA, then you are Automatically also a PC Platinum member, which gives you Plat bennies at all non-IC properties within the IHG chain (not that those Plat bennies are anything to write home about).
is that really automatic? because i see in the websites of IC that they are selling the status for $150
Old May 17, 2009 | 5:03 am

RA is certainly NOT automatic. You must first purchase Amb status for $150, then make the required 50 IHG nights with at least 3 different IC stays, only then will you become RA. Once you are RA, you will automatically become a PC Plat as well.............but you almost certainly would have been PC Plat anyways with 50 IHG nights.........
Old May 17, 2009 | 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasperjugan
is that really automatic? because i see in the websites of IC that they are selling the status for $150
Ambassador ≠ Royal Ambassador

All Ambassador members are PC Gold or PC Plat
All Royal Ambassador members are PC Plat
Old May 17, 2009 | 10:43 am
formerly jasperjugan

ok... i kinda get it now. so it means paying $150 for Ambassador status gives you PC Gold privileges/status as well?
Old May 17, 2009 | 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasperjugan
ok... i kinda get it now. so it means paying $150 for Ambassador status gives you PC Gold privileges/status as well?
Yes.
PC Gold is basically worthless, though (except for 10% point earning bonus)
Old May 17, 2009 | 12:04 pm

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Would you like me to walk you through every step of the process including how to set up an eBay acct, how to set up a Paypal acct, how to list your RA cert so it gets the most views, how to do shipping, which eBay Int'l sites for you to list at, etc????????

looks like u r a very helpful person

anybody except gregorygrady have a clue on how much is it worth ??
Old May 17, 2009 | 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
This auction that closed this evening might give you an idea...

Last edited by clubman; May 17, 2009 at 3:03 pm
Old May 17, 2009 | 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

Considering شريعة I would understand selling such gift for a greedy price not as proper conduct.
Old May 17, 2009 | 3:12 pm

No need to be rude to a longtime FTer. Your question was one that is generally frowned upon here - how to sell an RA cert. It's fine if you want to sell it on ebay, and if you go that route you can simply search past transactions there to get an idea of what the certs go for. But, as with most items on ebay, there is a wide range of selling prices for these certs.
Old May 17, 2009 | 5:15 pm
Original Member
20 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I double checked my stays over the last two years and if you count rooms I booked for our group (which they counted towards points but not as qualifying nights), then I get to about 50 nights in the past 12 months so that might explain why they upped me to RA but I only had one paid stay at an IC and a couple of reward stays at ICs.

I did have upcoming prepaid bookings at ICs so maybe they took that into account. In the past it has taken 3 different IC stays (not HI HIX etc) to qualify . . .

I was RA in 2005 and 2006 (and some years prior which I can't recall) and then Ambassador in 2007 and 2008.
Old May 17, 2009 | 7:41 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Yes.
PC Gold is basically worthless, though (except for 10% point earning bonus)
thanks for the help
Old May 18, 2009 | 1:49 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by markdg
Hi all

Please excuse the "almost newbie" question, but I'm struggling to understand the latest requirements for RA.

I've just been on the phone to Ambassador speaking with two different agents to try to get a decent feel for what I really need to do to achieve RA status.

I've got 63 IC nights (2 properties) as part of my total of 95 nights IHG nights for the last 12 months.

I was told by agent 1 that the criteria are 80 IC nights at at least 5 ICs.
Agent 2 (half an hour later) said it's 65-70 IC nights at 4-5 ICs.

I did think I was going to be able to scrape in with 1 more stay. However, it's looking like probably not.

Does anyone have any more details on the latest requirements? I've sadly got no work travel in the near future, so all top-ups will have to be done out of my own pocket. I therefore would like want to ensure it's actually worth trying before I do!!!

Thanks all - and again I apologise for the newbie question. I've looked far and wide to try to find the answer, but can't find anything definitive

Cheers
Okay, time for an update....

In the last 365 days I'd actually stayed 63 nights in 2 ICs and 36 nights in other IHG properties - all fully paid revenue stays. I was getting most frustrated at the Amb service centre, but as I'd noted the THREE ICs "requirement" on here, I stayed with my lady for a night at IC Park Lane just to see what would happen (and for a luxury night away, of course). Sure enough, once we'd been to the third IC, I was "upped".

Just to note for all what I hadn't read carefully enough on here is that it seems the requirement is 50-ish nights at IHG properties, and not just IC properties. Silly me!

Anyway, from what I'm reading on the various forums here, it seems like the three different ICs, if anything is more important than the actual number of nights.

So, there you go, I made it - but very painfully compared to other brands - where at least you know what you're aiming for.

Still, can't wait for my first RA stay.... bring on the mini-bar

(oh, and the arguing for upgrades etc etc!!!! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.