Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 5:02 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi
My RA was renewed at the start of April until Jun 2010. More bag tags, 5k code and also BOGOF and a RA ref certificate.

J
Ditto, interstingly the kit is still to arrive, I wonder if anyone recently has received their kit gien the changes put in place??
Old May 4, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: PC Plat-RA, M&M Gold
I got 41 qualifying nights for a 5 night stay, maybe it has something to do with the reservation rate.
Old May 4, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by mmsalah
I got 41 qualifying nights for a 5 night stay, maybe it has something to do with the reservation rate.
WHAT ??????
How does that work ?
Old May 4, 2009, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are you talking about?
Are you saying that "Qualifying Nights Towards Elite Status in 2009:" in your account status page went up by 41 nights after a five night stay?
Old May 5, 2009, 7:02 am

10 Nov 2008 41
LONDON,
ENGLAND
InterContinental LONDON PARK LANE
Bill Not Available |
Qualifying Stay 2000 pts.
2000 pts.

Old May 5, 2009, 9:15 am

10 Nov 2008 41
LONDON,
ENGLAND
InterContinental LONDON PARK LANE
Bill Not Available |
Qualifying Stay 2000 pts.
2000 pts.

I'd say they screwed up royally. As long as it says the stay was 41 Qualifying Night though, then it will probably count as 41 nights towards any promo or requalification. ^ lucky you!!!
Old May 12, 2009, 6:23 pm

I finally got my RA renewed. I called after I had 50 nights in a rolling 365 day period, was told no dice, and was told a few fed lines about what it took to be RA. So I just passed 60 nights in a rolling 365 days and called again. This time I was told that RA goes to the top 1% of customers but that they would extend my status as a one-time courtesy.

Why does IC make it this complicated?
Old May 12, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by johnep1
Why does IC make it this complicated?
Simple answer, because they can. OK -- maybe not complicated, but certainly convoluted!

I say we RAs revolt and demand an actual top tier qualification definition. 1% is not good enough. Every other hotel does it! Why can't they?
Old May 12, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
If they are actually going on the top 1% it would be interesting to see what figures they are basing this on.

Do they use 2008 stats to calculate the top 1%, or use the last 12 months data and calculate a new 1% every month. Or something else entirely.

I guess by not publishing a specific nights/points criteria this gives them some wiggle room in whether to promote/demote someone to/from RA.

To paraphrase a comment that someone once said on this forum, if you want to guarantee that you get a particular room type, then book that room type. This is not necessarily the case in the A/RA levels, but certainly in PC Platinum. But A/RA benefits do seem to be slowly eroding away, sadly.

As always YMMV.
Old May 13, 2009, 4:36 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Simple answer, because they can. OK -- maybe not complicated, but certainly convoluted!

I say we RAs revolt and demand an actual top tier qualification definition. 1% is not good enough. Every other hotel does it! Why can't they?

Perhaps because RA sees itself as beyond other top tier loyalty schemes.If you set hard and fast rules then maybe it loses abit of its 'i really want to have it' mystique
Old May 13, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by g00ner
If they are actually going on the top 1% it would be interesting to see what figures they are basing this on.

Do they use 2008 stats to calculate the top 1%, or use the last 12 months data and calculate a new 1% every month. Or something else entirely.

I guess by not publishing a specific nights/points criteria this gives them some wiggle room in whether to promote/demote someone to/from RA.

To paraphrase a comment that someone once said on this forum, if you want to guarantee that you get a particular room type, then book that room type. This is not necessarily the case in the A/RA levels, but certainly in PC Platinum. But A/RA benefits do seem to be slowly eroding away, sadly.

As always YMMV.
My two cents: This is a marketing trick. It is not really the top 1 %.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:03 am

Intercontinental Hotels Group PLC, whose chains include Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels, reported Tuesday that first quarter net profit fell 56 percent to $27 million, hit by weaker consumer spending during the recession and strong competition, which depressed room charges.

I think they should be forced to retain us as RA's or else their profit will hit the bottom
Old May 13, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Intercontinental Hotels Group PLC, whose chains include Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels, reported Tuesday that first quarter net profit fell 56 percent to $27 million, hit by weaker consumer spending during the recession and strong competition, which depressed room charges.[/B]
Yeah, but actually their results are decent when compared with the industry. They were still profitable, and their RevPAR was only down 13.6%.
http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?Page...rssfeed=ihgplc
Old May 14, 2009, 12:47 am
uk1
Suspended

For uk viewers who might be interested the boss is planned to be on "Working Lunch" today.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:04 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
any body got a clue on how i can sell my royal ambassador certificate on e-bay or amazon?
and how much is it worth ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.