Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat
Thanks szg, I did not realize that it was just for IC stays.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by Shedbasher
Thanks szg, I did not realize that it was just for IC stays.
Hi Shedbasher, there's a good Q&A document in the master thread for this forum (the sticky marked 'read this first'). It should give you answers to help you decide on the best way to maximise value of of the PC and Amb programmes.

Cheers, Jono
Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:31 pm

It might still be worth it!!

I suppose it also depends on where you intend to redeem any points (or free nights) that you will earn when staying at the non-IC IHG Hotels.

I for example very rarely stay in Intercontinental Hotels for work as the weekday rates are too expensive but I do stay in a lot of HIX / HI & CP (60+) but almost always redeem my points at ICs.

It doesn't take too many additional nights in ICs to hit the "magic formula" to get a RA invitation.

If you can pick & choose your paid stays in ICs - especially at the weekend in some of the less expensive IC Hotels - It should work out OK.
You can pick the best deal but be careful with rates that normally will be non-qualifying e.g. F+F.

Remember even as a standard Ambassador you will get upgrades on paid (& most likely reward stay) in the ICs & together with the free weekend voucher & 5000 points - even if you don't get the RA invite the numbers should stack up - providing you intend to visit some ICs.

I've had reward (including PB & free night promos) this year at ICs in Paris / Rome / Geneva & Vienna - where the RA benefits were fantastic.

Remember 50+ nights should get you approx 250k points so that can work out at a lot of reward nights in ICs.

Also if you do get the RA invite - you will get a referral voucher & instantly become more popular (in my experience only temporarily until you decide who to give it to).

Last edited by SamsoniteBoy; Dec 28, 2009 at 1:12 pm
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:38 pm

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Royal Ambassador Question

It seems I just can't get the right answer. Even when calling Priority club or thier Ambassador services. My question is this. I am currently an Ambassador member, expires 9/2010. I was just given a voucher to become Royal Ambassador. This voucher expires 5/2010. If I send the coupon in now will my RA status be in effect until 1/2011 or 9/2010 when my ambassador status expires. Or should I open a new account now in order to get the full one year of the RA benefits. Also if I wait until May to send this voucher in will I get RA staus until 5/2011? Thank you for your help.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
It will expire when your ambassador status expires.

Call them and push them to open a new account for you and transfer all your night/promos/points over. They will do it eventually. It will cost you 150$USD and you will get 12 months until expiry.

- Jevon

Originally Posted by stinkycop
It seems I just can't get the right answer. Even when calling Priority club or thier Ambassador services. My question is this. I am currently an Ambassador member, expires 9/2010. I was just given a voucher to become Royal Ambassador. This voucher expires 5/2010. If I send the coupon in now will my RA status be in effect until 1/2011 or 9/2010 when my ambassador status expires. Or should I open a new account now in order to get the full one year of the RA benefits. Also if I wait until May to send this voucher in will I get RA staus until 5/2011? Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: priority club
royal ambassador certificate

Can you refer yourself using your own royal ambassador certificate?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Yes, if you open a new account (with a different address) and don't put your own name down as referrer. You cannot refer yourself on the same account.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan 100K BA executive club, IC/platinum/RA
Would like 2 BOGO's

I was RA last year and just missed status for 2010. I received a letter in Oct.stating that I would be offered Platinum Ambassador free of charge with the following privileges:
yada yada yada...BOGO.
I waited 45 days and mailed an RA referral certificate. A month or so later, I only received the RA package with 1 BOGO only. I tried twice by phone and numerous emails with the usual....tough luck, 1 BOGO only.
I have 2 different letters stating that I would receive BOGO's.
Am I wrong in thinking that I should get 2? If so, any ideas what to do?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by useless
Am I wrong in thinking that I should get 2? If so, any ideas what to do?
Yes, you are wrong. You get one BOGO per year whether Amb or RA.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: PC Plat-RA, M&M Gold
Downgraded to Ambassador, Yet I have an RA Refferal

Dear FTer's,

I am currently an RA with my status ending 28 Feb 2010, I have already received a downgrade letter to Plat Amb.

I have a refferal certificate ending 31 Jan 2010, prior to my end of RA status date, The question is can I use it to regain my RA status?

If so shall I send it now or wait.

Thx in Advance.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by mmsalah
Dear FTer's,

I am currently an RA with my status ending 28 Feb 2010, I have already received a downgrade letter to Plat Amb.

I have a refferal certificate ending 31 Jan 2010, prior to my end of RA status date, The question is can I use it to regain my RA status?

Thx in Advance.
Yeah i'm in the same boat, Status ending next July, but have a cert that expires in June, and i really don't want to start a new priority club account.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by mmsalah
Dear FTer's,

Thx in Advance.
Maybe it would be an option to find some RA who wants to swap his refferal cert for yours, so you would be on the safe side.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Well... signed up for Ambassador for the first time and plan to shift some Starwood to IC and give it a try. Although most RA's seem to have a lot of IC stays maybe with 12+ IC stays on top of approx 65+ nights this year at CP/HI/HIX I'll get a chance next year to sample this RA thing ....if I'm lucky. Would be nice to try it and see what its like.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, you are wrong. You get one BOGO per year whether Amb or RA.
I got two BOGOs one from the amb welcome kit and one from the RA welcome kit. (within the same year)
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
I have now royal ambassadoor card
I found these words in my account :
You have maintained Platinum Status for the next year.

Does this mean that I am taking a Alambasdor
Free next year?
Thanks?
Wonderful thats what I'm looking for but are you sure it's worth?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.