Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 3:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by johnep1
No need to be rude to a longtime FTer. Your question was one that is generally frowned upon here - how to sell an RA cert. It's fine if you want to sell it on ebay, and if you go that route you can simply search past transactions there to get an idea of what the certs go for. But, as with most items on ebay, there is a wide range of selling prices for these certs.
+1

Play by the rules of this board, including the culture of FT and this board, or go elsewhere.
Old May 18, 2009, 7:21 am
uk1
Suspended

We may be all missing the obvious.

RA qualification is clearly not an automated process. It involves someone in the Ambassador area deciding on a case-by-case basis. And it may not be just one person. They may all be doing it.

We all know that when we (several of us) e-mail or telephone and ask a simple question we generally get several different responses. We also know that they will not publish definitive RA criteria. It might simply be that RA qualification is like all other ICHG issues, and merely a lottery based on who is dealing with it at the time, and that therefore trying to establish a reliable pattern upon which all can rely is completely fruitless.
Old May 18, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by uk1
It might simply be that RA qualification is like all other ICHG issues, and merely a lottery based on who is dealing with it at the time, and that therefore trying to establish a reliable pattern upon which all can rely is completely fruitless.
Quite possibly right on the money. Sadly, for me at least, it kinda makes me feel unvalued as a customer they want to keep hold of. Why should it be this hard? I spend lots of money with them, yet feel like I have to fight for everything. You would've thought they'd realise that puts people defect to rivals.

I just find IHG's general attitude puzzling. It's almost as though they think we enjoy the "game".

Ok, standing down from soapbox now
Old May 18, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by markdg
I spend lots of money with them, yet feel like I have to fight for everything.
I'm almost used to constantly fight for:

- free minibar
- prepaid breakfasts on Luxury Weekends rate
- the latest perk, free Internet for all Ambassadors

Why all of these things can't be automated is beyond me.

Last edited by paulmoscow; May 18, 2009 at 11:20 am
Old May 18, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
- the latest perk, free Internet for all Ambassadors

Since when do we have that????
Old May 18, 2009, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelben

Since when do we have that????
It's only at some ICs...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...amb-ra-ic.html
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...internet-offer
Old May 19, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Considering شريعة I would understand selling such gift for a greedy price not as proper conduct.

would u mind explaining a bit further why is that?
Old May 19, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by clubman
This auction that closed this evening might give you an idea...
Thanks for the link ^
Old May 25, 2009, 7:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just got my upgrade to RA boxed set in the mail--seems complete.

The only difference (don't throw out the cover letter) from past boxes is that the cover letter contains the code for the 5000 point bonus. With that I am now easily over 60k points so have Platinum in the bag already.

Nice Black Royal Ambassador card (although I think I like the Platinum/Silver Ambassador color better in some ways--maybe I will be rewarded with it again at renewal in September 2009!)
Old May 26, 2009, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Just got my upgrade to RA boxed set in the mail--seems complete.

The only difference (don't throw out the cover letter) from past boxes is that the cover letter contains the code for the 5000 point bonus. With that I am now easily over 60k points so have Platinum in the bag already.

Nice Black Royal Ambassador card (although I think I like the Platinum/Silver Ambassador color better in some ways--maybe I will be rewarded with it again at renewal in September 2009!)
You sent in an RA referral cert when your Amb year doesn't end until Sept 2009 (4 months from now)? Shouldn't you have waited a couple months, extended your Amb membership for another year, and THEN sent in the RA referral? In the past, this strategy would work since you could use the referral cert in your RA kit to re-refer yourself, but now that this referral cert doesn't come in the RA kit anymore, I certainly wouldn't have wasted a referral on only 4 months of RA membership (you could even argue its only 1-2 months of RA membership since you are eligible to renew Amb in 1-2 months) unless I had a REALLY good use for it!!!
Old May 26, 2009, 6:55 am
Original Member

Didn't have to do anything--I was automatically upgraded based on actual activity, not on a piece of paper . . .

I would agree that it would be pretty stupid to use a cert for a few months of RA, especially when these next few months would be my slowest months of the year for using IC hotels.
Old May 27, 2009, 12:48 pm

Didn't have to do anything--I was automatically upgraded based on actual activity, not on a piece of paper . . .
Hmmm, so they obviosuly have it automated where if you pass a certain set of criteria that you get RA. Otherwise they probably would have waited to grant you RA when you AMB year ran out if you renewed, right? As it is now, it seems like they will relook at your acct again in just 5 weeks to renew you for RA or not. Then I guess they will extend you at that time for another year?

BTW, what were your stay numbers to qualify for RA if you don't mind my asking? In particular, how many total IHG stays did you have in the previous rolling 365 days from the time you qualified? 50? Or more? Or did you hit RA when your 3rd IC of the year posted or something?
Old May 27, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by markdg
I've just been on the phone to Ambassador speaking with two different agents

I've got 63 IC nights (2 properties) as part of my 95 nights IHG nights for the last 12 months.

I was told by agent 1 that the criteria are 80 IC nights at at least 5 ICs.
Agent 2 (half an hour later) said it's 65-70 IC nights at 4-5 ICs.

I did think I was going to be able to scrape in with 1 more stay. However, it's looking like probably not.

Does anyone have any more details on the latest requirements? It all seems a bit hit and miss...

(apologies - I've just found a better place to put this, but I can't find a way of deleting this, so I've left this here)
Just an update on my numbers, I actually had over 100 nights at all IHG properties with 63 nights at 2 IC properties. When I stayed at my third IC, I got upgraded to RA status (although haven't had a chance to use it as yet.... darn! Bring on the minibar.....)
Old May 27, 2009, 1:52 pm
Original Member

As posted on the NEW Platinum Ambassador RA thread:

"I double checked my stays over the last two years and if you count rooms I booked for our group (which they counted towards points but not as qualifying nights), then I get to about 50 nights in the past 12 months so that might explain why they upped me to RA but I only had one paid stay at an IC and a couple of reward stays at ICs.

I did have upcoming prepaid bookings at ICs so maybe they took that into account. In the past it has taken 3 different IC stays (not HI HIX etc) to qualify . . .

I was RA in 2005 and 2006 (and some years prior which I can't recall) and then Ambassador in 2007 and 2008."

I didn't ask for this--it just came out of the blue . . .
Old May 27, 2009, 1:57 pm

As posted on the NEW Platinum Ambassador RA thread:
Whoops, I read that post previously, I just didn't know it was yours. Thanks........................^ And very interesting that you seemed to get it with just 1 paid IC stay, I guess they count award stays as well towards the 3 required IC stays. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.