Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by markdg
I don't know how that will translate into the 4k miles rate, but you might find you only get the bonus miles for the first night.

.... (i'm awake now!)
Clearly I wasn't awake, as alc had clearly stated it was 4k points per stay.

Man, it seems I was having a BAD day. Sorry all!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: LH FT; IC RA; HGP Diamond
I got a question about the RA referral certificate.

Im already a RA but in January 2010 the status will be expire. Till this date I do not reach the minimum of 50 nights per year. Maybe I will have 40 - 45 nights at all ( 20 at HI and 20-25 with IC )

Now a college of mine is also RA and he receive a RA referral certificate with his renewal. So he wants to give me the RA referral certificate and I can renew my account for another year.

The problem is that this RA referral certificate is valid only till January 2010. Can I use it anyway for my account or did I need a certificate with a longer validation?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:24 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Welcome on FT, Gustlhuber1 !! ^

BTW - I like your handle.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:57 am

Programs: LH FT; IC RA; HGP Diamond
Originally Posted by szg
Welcome on FT, Gustlhuber1 !! ^

BTW - I like your handle.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Gustlhuber1
The problem is that this RA referral certificate is valid only till January 2010. Can I use it anyway for my account or did I need a certificate with a longer validation?
Tricky, as your RA expires in Jan 2010 anyway. To be 100% sure, you would need to open a new account and buy Ambassador on it - but not until January, as you want your new RA year to run as long as possible and it will only last as long as your AMB year.

You could try sending in the cert on your existing account, but technically you will still be an RA until 31 Jan and the cert expires 31 Jan so there is a risk it will be rejected, and you will not have enough time to resend it on another account.

In any event, you may retain RA given your high number of IC nights, although I admit that it is looking a little unlikely given recent reports. You will be sold in November-ish what will happen, so you don't need to worry until then.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, PC PLAT
If you are Ambassador and Priority Club Platinum, do you get a double upgrade, one from each???
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
No. Plat is for non-IC properties. Amb is for ICs.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:54 pm

PC Platinum status is applicable at InterContinental, however, the Ambassador program provides a much better upgrade; 'guaranteed' one category upgrade vs. upgrade to a (very slightly) 'superior' room (which generally excludes club rooms and suites).
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:47 pm

PC Points and Ambassador Benefits

Question:

If I use my PC points to reserve room for a couple of nights, will I forfeit my Ambassador benefits as they apply to that reservation? In other words, would I not qualify to upgrade to the next best room or receive the full Ambassador benefits by using my PC hotel reward nights?

EDIT: Sorry guys! Didn't realize this was all under the same forum - kinda reposted my request

Last edited by jplee3; Sep 23, 2009 at 3:10 am
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:12 pm

Quick question guys: I'm a bit confused about making and advanced purchase booking vs best flexible rate booking in regards to using the BOGO voucher...

So why would I make a best flexible rate booking? Is it because there's a chance I won't get credit back for one out of two nights that I paid for if I were to go the advanced purchase route?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:19 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by jplee3
Quick question guys: I'm a bit confused about making and advanced purchase booking vs best flexible rate booking in regards to using the BOGO voucher...

So why would I make a best flexible rate booking? Is it because there's a chance I won't get credit back for one out of two nights that I paid for if I were to go the advanced purchase route?
No, you will get your money refunded once you present the BOGO at check-in. However, this might take a while to appear on your credit card - and furthermore the hotel might charge your credit card in advance, so your money could be "gone" for a long time before refunded.

if you go for one adv-purchase night (1st) night and one best flex night (2nd), then you avoid all that trouble.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
No, you will get your money refunded once you present the BOGO at check-in. However, this might take a while to appear on your credit card - and furthermore the hotel might charge your credit card in advance, so your money could be "gone" for a long time before refunded.

if you go for one adv-purchase night (1st) night and one best flex night (2nd), then you avoid all that trouble.

AH! That makes more sense! Thanks for clearing it up! So I'd need to make a separate reservation for each then yea?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:35 pm

AH! That makes more sense! Thanks for clearing it up! So I'd need to make a separate reservation for each then yea?
Welcome Yes, if you want to mix adv purchase and best flex, then you need to make two reservations.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Welcome Yes, if you want to mix adv purchase and best flex, then you need to make two reservations.
I suppose the 'benefit' to doing the advanced purchase for both nights is that you'd get more PC points from it. Do you need to *confirm* the stay at the hotel in order to get any bonus PC Points (i.e. the 2000 pt deal) or, if you pay for it in full and up front (i.e. adv purchase) will they credit you all the additional bonus points right away?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:52 pm

I suppose the 'benefit' to doing the advanced purchase for both nights is that you'd get more PC points from it. Do you need to *confirm* the stay at the hotel in order to get any bonus PC Points (i.e. the 2000 pt deal) or, if you pay for it in full and up front (i.e. adv purchase) will they credit you all the additional bonus points right away?
No, no... A stay at any IC of any length and regardless of your rate will give you 2,000 points flat (as RA) and when using the bogo usually two qualifying nights (for a two night stay...). (And BOGOs can only be used at ICs)

Promotional points will be added automatically if you have registered. No need to contact the hotel regarding this. They probably wouldn't even know about these things.

Bottom line: There's no benefit to 2 adv purchase nights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.