Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
No, no... A stay at any IC of any length and regardless of your rate will give you 2,000 points flat (as RA) and when using the bogo usually two qualifying nights (for a two night stay...). (And BOGOs can only be used at ICs)

Promotional points will be added automatically if you have registered. No need to contact the hotel regarding this. They probably wouldn't even know about these things.

Bottom line: There's no benefit to 2 adv purchase nights.
Thanks again for clearing that up! I'll be making my reservations soon...hopefully!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 3:16 pm

One other question regarding BOGOF:

It states on the voucher "Where a member has made the reservation and purchased via Net Wholesaler/Inclusive Groups or through a Web site other than the IHG Web site, such as Priceline.com or Hotwire.com, or similar booking engines where the room rate is not viewable or publicly available at the time of booking, the hotel can decline the Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate."

- so does this mean that if I book a night through Travelocity or Priceline, and as long as the pricing and room rates are shown, that I can use the BOGOF voucher? Has anyone tried doing this?

I just booked an adv purchase reservation (which I probably can't cancel at this point) through the IHG site and the stupid OANDA exchange rates (that IHG forces the use of) are totally messed up!

OANDA - 72,100 XPF = $910.611 USD
XE.com - 72,100.00 XPF = $889.802 USD

They totally take advantage of the consumer this way, making them *think* they're getting a really good deal (because of the proprietary OANDA conversion).

BTW. $910.611 USD = 75,061.4 CPF, which goes to show how inflated the Interbank rates are via Oanda. Shame on them!!!

Last edited by jplee3; Oct 10, 2009 at 4:34 pm
Old Oct 30, 2009, 1:12 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have finally deleted the post asking for a Royal Ambassador referral certificate and those dealing with this post. I think the post was lomg enough visible to get potentail attention

Thanks for your understanding.

Jan
FLYGVA
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:06 pm

Hi all, just curious but did any of you buy your Ambassador upgrade with a PC Rewards Visa? If so, did you end up getting the 3 points per $1 on the Ambassador upgrade purchase (so 450 pts for the $150 membership)?

Just wondering if that's supposed to qualify for it.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:07 pm

I've had few random Priority Club stays in the past few years, but now IC SFO is my company's preferred hotel there. I had one night stay there last week and just received 17K points for it after signing-up for all promos while drinking at the lobby bar during my stay.

Is that typical? It seems that there is no rhyme or reason for their bonus points. The hotel also gave me paper voucher for another 1000 points that I need to mail-in.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeikka
Is that typical?
Yes and no. It's typical for a first stay for someone who never took advantage of any of the bonuses. You can't count on that many points for each stay in the future, though.

Originally Posted by zeikka
The hotel also gave me paper voucher for another 1000 points that I need to mail-in.
There is no need to mail-it-in, as you can enter the voucher number online:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/dpoints
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:39 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I will be staying with a RA member in a Crowne Plaza.
can you tell me what upgrades to expect.
she is a new RA
wondering about free minibar and club access.
I am plat.
do I get the same upgrades as her in CPs
Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:03 am

Your RA status have absolutely nothing to do with a stay at Crowne Plaza. You MIGHT get an upgrade based on your platinum status. That's about it. You do not get early check-in, free mini bar or anything like tat..
Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:42 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
RAs do not get upgrades in CPs. RA upgrades are only applicable in ICs.

Since you are both Platinum, you will both have the same upgrades and benefits. No minibar for sure but you should either get a 1-level room upgrade OR club access.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:54 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
thankyou for the prompt reply.

that was why I thought id ask!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by mister__big
RAs do not get upgrades in CPs. RA upgrades are only applicable in ICs.
I have been told by 1 CP that they only upgrade Amb and Royal Amb to club rooms. I know this is wrong but my experience if different
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Points Mad
I have been told by 1 CP that they only upgrade Amb and Royal Amb to club rooms. I know this is wrong but my experience if different
I know someone who claims he was able to use an A/RA BOGO at a CP and get the free minibar! That property is no longer in the chain...
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I know someone who claims he was able to use an A/RA BOGO at a CP and get the free minibar! That property is no longer in the chain...
The property was probably removed for breaking all the rules....
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat
Question Ambassador?

During the upcoming year I will be on the road at a mininum of 50 nights, practically all of which will be spent at holiday inn. I am just wondering what people's feelings are for the program and your experiences.

Additionally, I would like to take some trips for vacations with the GF, e.g. Europe, South Pacific/Asia. So would it help out during these trips if i did get the ambassador status.

Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:23 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Ambassador benefits are only for IC stays. If you are staying in HI only, it is not worth.

And I recommend the search function about best locations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.