Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by beedo
just after 16 nights this year, and 39 nights total in 2008 and as my ambassador status nearly expired in may 2009, i decided to renew it using 20'000 points,
As soon as it was renewed, i got upgraded 2 days later to royal ambassador

most of my stays are at a certain IC hotel, however i had only 1 stay at a different IC hotel, and one reward night on a 3rd IC hotel

That would be all
Were all 39 nights in 2008 during your current Amb year (ie, April 2008-May 2009)? If not, do you know how many were? If so, you would have done 55 nights during your current Amb year which seems about right to get RA. I'm a little suprised to hear that you got RA when 1 of your 3 different IC stays was on an award. That's probably good info for some people here! ^^^
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Were all 39 nights in 2008 during your current Amb year (ie, April 2008-May 2009)? If not, do you know how many were? If so, you would have done 55 nights during your current Amb year which seems about right to get RA. I'm a little suprised to hear that you got RA when 1 of your 3 different IC stays was on an award. That's probably good info for some people here! ^^^

not all my stays in 2008 were during my ambassador year
i have an average of 3-4 stays per month starting from jan to dec
with a few exception
so i think only 55-60 % of my 2008 stays were during my ambassador status , since i earned my ambassador in may 2008
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by beedo
not all my stays in 2008 were during my ambassador year
i have an average of 3-4 stays per month starting from jan to dec
with a few exception
so i think only 55-60 % of my 2008 stays were during my ambassador status , since i earned my ambassador in may 2008
So about 38-40 total ICH nights during your Amb year and you were upgraded to RA? Interesting..................................
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Raffles - I only just got round to reading this, great job and I learnt a couple of things and picked up some good tips too. Thanks very much ^
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
"I'm a little suprised to hear that you got RA when 1 of your 3 different IC stays was on an award. That's probably good info for some people here!"

Have been RA on and off for the last 5 years or so.

Was Ambassador until yesterday when they upped me to RA.

Interesting that I only had 2 IC stays in the last year (that I remember), both paid--maybe they are lowering the bar (since they lowered the bar take!)

I don't stay that many nights at IC properties (HIX, HI etc) but I guess enough that they think it is worthwhile to upgrade me.

I might have had 30 odd nights at all IC properties last year
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:05 pm

I have about 38 qualifying nights in 2008 ( about 50 nights including PBs and BOGOs)and about 3 IC stays in one country (others CP and HI in 4 diffferent countries). Sadly no RA yet. I am on my 2nd year now as Ambassador.

This year, I expect to stay in 3 IC's in different countries and about 30 qualifying nights in HI/CP ( 4-5 different countries). I will see and wait if they really lower their bar.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:25 pm

I can no longer see where, if anywhere, my RA status shows dates online.

My current RA card has an expiry date of June and my rolling 365 day stays at today's date are 54 nights inc 4 different ICs. I may have a quieter month coming up now though and I suppose I'm wondering whether I need to do anything? May last year had 2 nights and June had 5.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I can no longer see where, if anywhere, my RA status shows dates online.

My current RA card has an expiry date of June and my rolling 365 day stays at today's date are 54 nights inc 4 different ICs. I may have a quieter month coming up now though and I suppose I'm wondering whether I need to do anything? May last year had 2 nights and June had 5.
Since you're rolling 365 days are > 50 night and 3 IC's, I would call and have them review your account now to see if they will renew you
Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:41 pm

I agree, and please post back and let us know what happens. I'll be in a similar boat as you in about a month and want to know what to expect. Thanks!!!!
Old May 1, 2009, 5:52 am

Tried the call and got a very indefinite 'maybe'. I was told that I probably wouldn't get a 2 month prior downgrade letter but it was too early to say whether or not I'd be renewed and to try again in June. I even tried saying that I was planning my stays over the next few months and that my status would affect that, but to no effect.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:30 pm

Hmmm, that's not much help on their part. Thanks for posting your experience though.........^
Old May 2, 2009, 3:27 am

... and this morning I had my bounce letter.
Old May 2, 2009, 4:32 am

... and then I rang PC about a missing 2k Park & Fly bonus. The very helpful lady said the usual "Anything else I can help with" closer and when I asked if I needed to talk to Ambassador about a review said "I'll try and see if I can see your record and send you an email in a few hours" and when I checked to see if the bonus was there a few minutes later, so was RA renewal.
Old May 2, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Congrats on the RA renewal. I'm surprised they rejected you the first time. I was in a similar situation to yours a couple of years ago and was renewed after I called
Old May 2, 2009, 12:49 pm

Congrats on the RA renewel!!! ^

So your final numbers were 54 IHG stays with 4 different IC stays? And that's 365 days rolling, right?

And June2008-June2009 was 52 IHG stays with 4 ICs?

And July2008-June2009 was 47 IHG stays with 4 ICs?

Does anybody know how they review your past year stays for RA? Is it a rolling 365 days snapshot taken 3 months before RA expiration? Or is it the past 9 months only 3 months before expiration? Or a rolling 12 month (or 13 month) snapshot taken 3 months before expiration, which would infer that stays from your LAST Amb year would count towards requalification? Or does nobody know, which is probably the correct assumption!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.