Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 2:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Could be that I have been Plat for a long time and RA on and off and they were "bottom feeding" at the top of the next tier looking to increase their numbers up to some mysterious percentage they are trying to maintain for marketing purposes.

Whatever the reason, it helps for those times I am passing through big cities and decide to avail myself of an IC property. With reasonable rates right now, it makes the choice easy. I was very happy with my IC Grand Stanford HKG stay a couple of weeks ago and will be back.
Old May 29, 2009, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
My RA membership year ends at the end of May on my main account.

Just called to see why the RA status hadn't been renewed yet. In the last 365 days 57 paid nights of which 55 nights at 15 different IC's. After a brief hold the RA was renewed as expected.

I do think that the cut off is still around 50 paid nights.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Status Match

Will ICH status match from either SPG Plat or HH Diamond?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:13 am

Probably yes- to PC Plat
Old Jul 23, 2009, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Probably yes- to PC Plat
Thanks JTHG, Do PC have an email address i can contact them at? how do you suggest i contact them?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Suite (or Exec Suite) at IC Amstel and get a guaranteed upgrade to the next highest room, which is their ~2000-3000 sq ft Royal Suite. They said no that I could not be upgraded to that even if it was open since it costs ~$8k per night. So what's the deal? Do Amb's (and RA's) get a guaranteed upgrade or not? Nobody really seems to be able to answer that. But I am certain that nowhere is a 2-level upgrade a listed benefit of RA.
You're talking about a room that is 10x the cost, which I can understand is out of bounds for upgrades. If you're an RA, I'd have booked a city-view and expected a canal-view, or if you're feeling lucky book a Suite and do the bump up to the Exec Suite. Yet the Royal Suite? I'd presume that's off-limits.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: IHG RA, MR Plat, AA EXP
From what I have been told through numerous discussions with the Ambassador desk; There are no upper limits to upgrades. They are supposed to give you an upgrade if you book a room and there is a room that is 1 category above that. I have had several experiences with this when booking lower lever rooms and ending up in a Vice Presidential or Presidential Suite. I dont think I would expect this upgrade as an Ambassador, but as an RA i think I am a bit more entitled to it. Im not sure about the guaranteed "1 or 2 level upgrade."
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:49 am
alc

Question with the BOGO Cert

To All,

I did read and search but can't seem to find my answer. If it is answered already, please let me know where the answer is. Thanks.

It is regarding to the BOGO Cert that I got from the Ambassador kit. The question is that from post #2 of this thread, it said, if I have a Sat/Sun stay, it is the Sunday night that will be free. But what if the Sun rate is higher? for example, Sat night is $111 and Sun night is $191. Do I still get the $191 night for free? or will they take the $111 rate.

Reason is that I could book my company rate at $125 per night for both nights. But the "4000 points bonus per stay" rate is $111 for Sat and $191 for Sun. Hence, if they really indeed going take the $191 night for free, this mean it is $14 cheaper and I get 4000 points more?

I am a bit afraid to call them to ask as they might just say "the cheaper night" is free automatically... as it is normally what BOGO offer meant.

Thanks again,

alc

------

Sorry forgot to mention that on the IC web site, they did say:

Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two-night paid weekend stay. The certificate guarantees that the second weekend night is free regardless of the rate/room paid on the first night. The certificate must be presented upon checkin at the hotel.

What I want to know is from all of your experience/knowledge of being a A or RA member over the years.

Thanks,

alc

Last edited by alc; Aug 17, 2009 at 12:53 am Reason: Added Text
Old Aug 17, 2009, 1:04 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
alc,

It is definitely the second night that's free. However, I've no idea where you'll get with your special rate with points, as the cert is for room only. I booked a Leisure weekend rate (inc brekkie) at a property next month, and have been told I'll only get breakfast on the first night of the two.

I don't know how that translates into other special offers though
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:17 am
alc

Originally Posted by markdg
However, I've no idea where you'll get with your special rate with points, as the cert is for room only.
This is the room rate that I am referring to:

Priority Club® Rewards – 4,000 Bonus Points for Any Stay

I had been booking these rate when ever I can do. Some hotel that I go to only charge me like $10 more for these rate. $10 for 4,000 - that is pretty good.

Sorry in advance if I miss-understood your comment.

alc
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Alc, I probably wasn't very clear (too early!). All I was trying to say is that my understanding is that the BOGO is for the room only part of any deal (ie you get a room only for a second night for the price of the first night). The property doesn't have to give you the extras in a package (for example breakfast on the leisure weekend rate I booked) on the second night

I don't know how that will translate into the 4k miles rate, but you might find you only get the bonus miles for the first night. However, you should expect to pay $111 for both nights (the sat rate) and be pleased with however many points turn up in your account

Does that make more sense? (i'm awake now!)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:03 am
alc

Hi markdg,

Thanks, I understand what you mean.

In regards to my situation, since this 4000 points bouns are per stay, rather than per night, I would expect I will get my 4000 points for the paid Sat night stay.... hopefully. will post if I do not get this.

Thanks again for your quick respond.

Regards,

alc
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by texontour
From what I have been told through numerous discussions with the Ambassador desk; There are no upper limits to upgrades. They are supposed to give you an upgrade if you book a room and there is a room that is 1 category above that. I have had several experiences with this when booking lower lever rooms and ending up in a Vice Presidential or Presidential Suite. I dont think I would expect this upgrade as an Ambassador, but as an RA i think I am a bit more entitled to it. Im not sure about the guaranteed "1 or 2 level upgrade."
No there has always been a restriction to "named" suites vis a vis upgrades. If one does get upgraded to one, it is because a give property has decided to offer more than required, or there are no other regular suites and they are being quite generous. It is not an entitlement of Ambassador or RA.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Updated luggage tags, there is a difference

I happened to get two of the new kits over the past couple of months, an Ambassador and after a cert referral a few months later, an RA kit. I noticed the new design of the luggage tags is the same, no matter what "status", unlike the previous version that had the RA add-on logo. (You get one as an Ambassador and two as an RA.) However, the Ambassador version appears to be a brushed silver that is not reflective, while the RA is a polished silver that is very reflective (and at times looks almost black in colour, matching the background of the new cards).
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
No there has always been a restriction to "named" suites vis a vis upgrades. If one does get upgraded to one, it is because a give property has decided to offer more than required, or there are no other regular suites and they are being quite generous. It is not an entitlement of Ambassador or RA.
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Where do you find any info that "there has always been a restriction to named suites"? The only T&Cs I can find about this are as follows:
Upgrades to a Superior room will be assigned at check-in. A room one category higher than purchased will be assigned to InterContinental Ambassadors.
Seems to me it most CERTAINLY IS an entitlement of Ambassadors that they get upgraded one category, even if that is up to the Presidential Suite. And since RAs are also Ambs, I would have to assume that this same rule should apply to them as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.