Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Well... signed up for Ambassador for the first time and plan to shift some Starwood to IC and give it a try. Although most RA's seem to have a lot of IC stays maybe with 12+ IC stays on top of approx 65+ nights this year at CP/HI/HIX I'll get a chance next year to sample this RA thing ....if I'm lucky. Would be nice to try it and see what its like.
Same here but not with that many stay. The question is really how many IC are needed to become RA. But this seems to be unclear so far.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: air new zealand airports, priority club royal ambassador
ambassador

Hi there I am a gold ambassador member due to expire may 10
thinking of buying a royal ambassador referral certificate on ebay.
If I buy it now and submit it will my royal ambassador end in may 10 or jan 11.

if it ends in may 10 can i just pay for another year of ambassador and expect my royal ambassador to last until jan 11

thanks
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:16 am

If I am Plat. PC and choose to upgrade will I become Plat. Amb?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
yes..
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by db4579
Hi there I am a gold ambassador member due to expire may 10
thinking of buying a royal ambassador referral certificate on ebay.
If I buy it now and submit it will my royal ambassador end in may 10 or jan 11.

if it ends in may 10 can i just pay for another year of ambassador and expect my royal ambassador to last until jan 11

thanks
It will expire when your Ambassador expires - May 2010. It's too early to pay for another year since yours does not expire until May
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
A question about buying an Ambassador status

Hi,
I will be staying in IC SF for 5 nights in February. My PC Gold just expired. Does it make sense for me to buy an IC Ambassador status prior to checking in? Are there any other immediate benefits besides a possible upgrade, a free night cert and a 5K welcome bonus? I might be only staying in any type of hotel 3 or 4 times this year, so would I really benefit from it?
Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Evaluate the cost

foxberg, I just bought the status myself, and used a couple of parameters to evaluate the purchase for me.

1) $150 is usually less than an IC rack room rate - so it pays for itself with the free night certificate.

2) I probably won't be staying at ICs enough this year to become RA, but when I do stay I like upgrades, I like priority check-in, and I like the point bonus (although I'm definitely on my way to Plat.'s point bonus)

3) 5,000 point voucher - once again, with Point Breaks, another tentative free night. Make that 2 possible free nights for $150 voucher.

4) Gold status, and what comes with it. You can't buy your way into Plat., but if you stay at any other ICG hotel, you're a Gold Member which also carries some weight.

I found value in the purchase - for the entire brand, not just staying at ICs (point breaks, free night, and Gold membership being thrown in the equation of course!) I would definitely suggest waiting to buy it until you're at the front desk, if you're considering it. I used that tactic and got a nice upgrade to an executive suite with club access - the selling agent gets a commission I hear, so they might be extra nice to you. Good luck!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Definitely worth it, but you probably won't get the welcome pack in time to use the weekend certificate if you are planning to stay on 2 weekend nights.

With the ambassador program it's a guaranteed one level upgrade so you will get a nicer room, even if it's a slightly better view. If the hotel is busy they will push you up higher as well. I've had friends receive 3 level ugprades for being an ambassador. You also get 4pm checkout and 1 free movie during the stay.

Another benefit is if you stay 15 nights at IC in total you receive a bonus 20k points.

I definitely recommend you pay $150 for this. I definitely didn't regret paying for it. Definitely noticed the difference in the service you received.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
It will expire when your ambassador status expires.

Call them and push them to open a new account for you and transfer all your night/promos/points over. They will do it eventually. It will cost you 150$USD and you will get 12 months until expiry.

- Jevon
I'm in the same boat. My Ambassador will expire in Apr 2010 and I have an RA referral expires Mar 2010.

My dilemma is that I’m planning to have 5 nights stay in IC Bali in late Feb 2010 and any RA benefits would be nice.
If I renew now with the RA referral then my RA will only last until Apr 2010.
If I renew in Mar 2010 I won’t have the RA benefits in IC Bali, but my RA will last until Mar 2011.

If I can open a new account and transferred all the points etc then I can enjoy RA in IC Bali and will have my RA status until Jan 2011.

Has anyone successfully call to open a new account and get all the points transferred over?

Last edited by sparoy; Jan 16, 2010 at 12:52 am Reason: Adding info
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sparoy
I'm in the same boat. My Ambassador will expire in Apr 2010 and I have an RA referral expires Mar 2010.
You should be able to renew in February. You can definitely renew March 1.
Renew online at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...?offerId=WBJIC
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Thank you for your responses. I will apply upon arrival and will let you know what I'd be able to get out of them for signing up.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat Amb
Smile

My dilemma is that Im planning to have 5 nights stay in IC Bali in late Feb 2010 and any RA benefits would be nice.
If I renew now with the RA referral then my RA will only last until Apr 2010.
If I renew in Mar 2010 I wont have the RA benefits in IC Bali, but my RA will last until Mar 2011.

If I can open a new account and transferred all the points etc then I can enjoy RA in IC Bali and will have my RA status until Jan 2011.

Has anyone successfully call to open a new account and get all the points transferred over?
Well I just did it.
I opened a new account and transferred all the points across.

I've sent the RA referral by express post, so I'll be getting close to 12 months RA benefits

Thanks to all the suggestions in this forum.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Was there a fee to transfer the points?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Well I just did it.

I've sent the RA referral by express post, so I'll be getting close to 12 months RA benefits

Thanks to all the suggestions in this forum.
I'm guessing there may be a hiccup here. Did you buy ambassador for the new account?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
You can "pay" for ambassador w/ PC points....need to call the ambassador #

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.