Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:26 am

Programs: RA, QANTAS Club Platinum
with the downturn in the world economy it certainly cannot hurt sending them an email and asking.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
The agents don't really know what the "milestones" are, and many people, including myself have heard them admit it. I received the "downgrade" letter, but called and asked them to review my account and they extended my RA status for another year. If you go by my expiry date (April 30), I think I had around 50 nights, and 14 or so IC nights in 5 different locations.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by travelindave
The agents don't really know what the "milestones" are, and many people, including myself have heard them admit it. I received the "downgrade" letter, but called and asked them to review my account and they extended my RA status for another year. If you go by my expiry date (April 30), I think I had around 50 nights, and 14 or so IC nights in 5 different locations.
This sort of relieves me :-)
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
It looks like they've officially launched the "Priority Club Connect" website, I got an email about it today.

http://community.priorityclub.com

On it, there is a link to a document describing the various levels within PC, and then Amb/RA benefits. Under the RA section, it states that RAs will have the option to *purchase* RA status for a friend or colleague, partner, or spouse.

Is the PURCHASE language new?! Has anyone encountered this? Just curious if the referral certs are going the way of the dinosaur...to be replaced with expensive purchase certs. Hmm...

Here is a link to the doc describing the benefit levels:

https://community.priorityclub.com/docs/DOC-1011
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Oh my, with the merging of threads, the trail of my recent posts has become a bit confused. So, apologies for that folks. My original post on this thread was at 9:03pm yesterday and was specifically responding to the original thread for the topic

(Just in case you thought I was becoming a serial spammer - I don't mean to be!!)
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by lemieux66
This sort of relieves me :-)
+1
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Is the PURCHASE language new?!
I'm sure they mean the $150 initial fee.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by travelindave
Is the review completed while you're on the phone, or is this something you ask them to do and then you find out a few days later if you maintained RA?

I love the RA benefits, but even if my RA is renewed I might just use it for 20 or so IC nights and then drop the status after that. It's just too frustrating to keep up with what what I need to do when I'm told something different by every Ambassador representative. It's frustrating to be a month and a half away from the end of my RA year and not know what I need to do over that time period to renew my status.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by johnep1
Is the review completed while you're on the phone, or is this something you ask them to do and then you find out a few days later if you maintained RA?

I love the RA benefits, but even if my RA is renewed I might just use it for 20 or so IC nights and then drop the status after that. It's just too frustrating to keep up with what what I need to do when I'm told something different by every Ambassador representative. It's frustrating to be a month and a half away from the end of my RA year and not know what I need to do over that time period to renew my status.
My RA expires April 30th. I had to call Ambassador Member Services for some other question in Jan/Feb and asked them specifically about my renewal. The agent looked at my account and said that at that time I only had 47 nights, but could see that I had 10 more or so already booked (I've actually stayed 17 nights since then). She said that she would review my account and see what she could do, and that she would call be back the following day. She called me back the next day to tell me that they could extend my RA status for another year, but that I had to call back in March for them to apply it (since it couldn't be done more than 60 days before expiration).
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:58 pm

A newbie question, how long does it take to receive the membership card? Applied a month ago and still hasnt got it, should I wait longer or call them to ask about it
Old Apr 14, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by JALlover
A newbie question, how long does it take to receive the membership card? Applied a month ago and still hasnt got it, should I wait longer or call them to ask about it
When I wrote, I got the following answer:
Please be advised that the delivery period is within four to six weeks.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by dk_commuter
When I wrote, I got the following answer:
Please be advised that the delivery period is within four to six weeks.
Thanks, I will just wait for another two weeks then
Old Apr 16, 2009, 5:16 am

Can I be upgraded to a Club room?

It is rare for a hotel to give an Ambassador club access. Club access is often available at a discounted rate, however (eg IC London gives a 50% discount).
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

If im only an Ambassador and the hotel`s room line up like Superior > Deluxe > Club room, isnt means i dont need to waste time on Deluxe room betting for upgrade to Club room ?
Also how about from Club room to Suite ?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by ronaldko
Can I be upgraded to a Club room?

It is rare for a hotel to give an Ambassador club access. Club access is often available at a discounted rate, however (eg IC London gives a 50% discount).
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

If im only an Ambassador and the hotel`s room line up like Superior > Deluxe > Club room, isnt means i dont need to waste time on Deluxe room betting for upgrade to Club room ?
Also how about from Club room to Suite ?
In my experience it very much depends upon the property's own policy.

IC London only give Club Access if you book an Exec Room or Suite. If you book a Deluxe Room, you get upped to an Exec Room, but WITHOUT Club Access.

If you book an Exec Room, I would think you'd get a suite.

I'd recommend phoning the hotel itself before to see what the policy is, and the differences between the different rooms - often it's only a better view.

I haven 't stayed there, but the only difference I can see at the IC London between a Deluxe and being upgraded to an Exec Room is the marble foyer, and perhaps better amenities (perhaps others can enlighten us more?)
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by markdg
Hi all

Please excuse the "almost newbie" question, but I'm struggling to understand the latest requirements for RA.

I've just been on the phone to Ambassador speaking with two different agents to try to get a decent feel for what I really need to do to achieve RA status.

I've got 63 IC nights (2 properties) as part of my total of 95 nights IHG nights for the last 12 months.

I was told by agent 1 that the criteria are 80 IC nights at at least 5 ICs.
Agent 2 (half an hour later) said it's 65-70 IC nights at 4-5 ICs.

I did think I was going to be able to scrape in with 1 more stay. However, it's looking like probably not.

Does anyone have any more details on the latest requirements? I've sadly got no work travel in the near future, so all top-ups will have to be done out of my own pocket. I therefore would like want to ensure it's actually worth trying before I do!!!

Thanks all - and again I apologise for the newbie question. I've looked far and wide to try to find the answer, but can't find anything definitive

Cheers

just after 16 nights this year, and 39 nights total in 2008 and as my ambassador status nearly expired in may 2009, i decided to renew it using 20'000 points,
As soon as it was renewed, i got upgraded 2 days later to royal ambassador

most of my stays are at a certain IC hotel, however i had only 1 stay at a different IC hotel, and one reward night on a 3rd IC hotel

That would be all

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.