Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Does anybody know how they review your past year stays for RA? Is it a rolling 365 days snapshot taken 3 months before RA expiration? Or is it the past 9 months only 3 months before expiration? Or a rolling 12 month (or 13 month) snapshot taken 3 months before expiration, which would infer that stays from your LAST Amb year would count towards requalification? Or does nobody know, which is probably the correct assumption!!
When they renewed mine a while back, it was based on a rolling 365 days about 2 months prior to RA expiration. I had about 55 nights total including 3 different ICs
Old May 2, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: MP Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat Elite-RA
I always had the feeling that the Club Floor was just created to give fake upgrades. I for one, do not consider the Club Floor a real upgrade.

Last edited by vietbet; May 2, 2009 at 2:27 pm
Old May 2, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Does anybody know how they review your past year stays for RA? Is it a rolling 365 days snapshot taken 3 months before RA expiration? Or is it the past 9 months only 3 months before expiration? Or a rolling 12 month (or 13 month) snapshot taken 3 months before expiration, which would infer that stays from your LAST Amb year would count towards requalification? Or does nobody know, which is probably the correct assumption!!
In my experience, it is a rolling 365 days taken 3 months before and at expiration. I had a well timed 35 days in the overlapping 3 month period that counted for RA requalification over 2 years last year.
Old May 2, 2009, 5:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
"I always had the feeling that the Club Floor was just created to give fake upgrades. I for one, do not consider the Club Floor a real upgrade"

Not sure what you mean by this--if all you get is a Club Floor room and no Club access then I agree but in the example of IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong, they are now giving a choice of Club access or suite upgrade with no Club access. I took Club access since I am travelling alone and have no real need for room space. If my partner was with me she might want the suite upgrade.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
In my experience, it is a rolling 365 days taken 3 months before and at expiration. I had a well timed 35 days in the overlapping 3 month period that counted for RA requalification over 2 years last year.
Wow, that's good news. I'm in the same boat as you were it seems. I got my downgrade letter at the start of April for a brand-new PC acct (first ever stay was in July 2008 and RA year ends last day of June 2009). I only had ~30 stays at that time, but I'm doing 20-25 nights in May/June to requalify. If/when I requalify, those 20-25 nights will also then count towards my next years "3-month-prior-review" so in fact I will really only need another 25-30 IHG nights (plus 3 ICs) in the first 9 months of my new RA year? That's awesome!!! ^
Old May 3, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: PC Plat-RA, M&M Gold
Hi All,

There is something i don't get here, do u mean by a stay a night? or a stay is a stay?

I have been to IC Park Lane where i usually receive 40+ qualifying nights in virtue of a 5 night stay, do these qualifying nights count for RA Renewal?

2 month prior to my RA status I had a 5 night stay at IC Park Lane earning 41 nights would these count for my RA renewal review....
Old May 3, 2009, 2:39 am

Yes, with RA status, the only thing that matters is NIGHTS, not STAYS. Supposedly you need 50 NIGHTS in your Rolling Ambassador year (with at least 3 different IC stays) in order to earn RA status.
Old May 3, 2009, 4:02 am

I thought it was 2 months. 3 months would be great for me next year as I had 3 ICs and 19 nights in April.
Old May 3, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: PC Plat-RA, M&M Gold
Yes, with RA status, the only thing that matters is NIGHTS, not STAYS. Supposedly you need 50 NIGHTS in your Rolling Ambassador year (with at least 3 different IC stays) in order to earn RA status.
Thanks,does that mean that my 41 qualifying nights in virtue of 5 night physical nights do count in order to keep the RA status, or do i need 50 physical nights?
Old May 3, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mmsalah
Hi All,

There is something i don't get here, do u mean by a stay a night? or a stay is a stay?

I have been to IC Park Lane where i usually receive 40+ qualifying nights in virtue of a 5 night stay, do these qualifying nights count for RA Renewal?

2 month prior to my RA status I had a 5 night stay at IC Park Lane earning 41 nights would these count for my RA renewal review....
How did you manage to get 41 qualifying nights for a 5 night stay?

You will need a minimum of 50 qualifying nights at 3 different IC's to get RA
Old May 3, 2009, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I thought it was 2 months. 3 months would be great for me next year as I had 3 ICs and 19 nights in April.
For me at least, I received the downgrade letter in the mail on 4/15/09 and my RA year ends on 6/30/09. I'm in the USA if that matters for postal timing.

So at least in my case they checked AT LEAST 2.5 months in advance, and probably more like 3 months due to the time it takes to prepare and send out downgrade letter, etc. I wouldn't mind getting my free downgrade Amb kit in the mail before I call them to re-check my stay history to see if I requalified.
Old May 3, 2009, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
How did you manage to get 41 qualifying nights for a 5 night stay?

You will need a minimum of 50 qualifying nights at 3 different IC's to get RA
I'm not sure exactly what he was saying either, but after reading it a few times, my best guess (and the only thing that makes sense) is that he is saying he had 41 nights across 5 IC stays.

Still the same thing applies though, he needs at least 50 total nights in at least 3 different ICs, just like you said.
Old May 3, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I was renewed at the beginning of July for a September expiration, so its definitely reviewed 3 months before. I thought it might be reviewed 2 months before as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Old May 3, 2009, 10:24 pm

Actually, I really do mean that Club Floor Rooms even with Club access is a fake upgrade. For me an upgrade is to a suite, anything less is just nonsense. Everyones tastes are different of course, but I really couldn't care about club access at a hotel. It's just not the same as being trapped at an airport where club access is very important. Actually the IC Grand Stafford Hong Kong offer to choose would be fine by me. Though it seems a little nickpicking, as both optons have minimal cost to the property.

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
"I always had the feeling that the Club Floor was just created to give fake upgrades. I for one, do not consider the Club Floor a real upgrade"

Not sure what you mean by this--if all you get is a Club Floor room and no Club access then I agree but in the example of IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong, they are now giving a choice of Club access or suite upgrade with no Club access. I took Club access since I am travelling alone and have no real need for room space. If my partner was with me she might want the suite upgrade.

Last edited by elusive1; May 3, 2009 at 10:37 pm
Old May 4, 2009, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
I was renewed at the beginning of July for a September expiration, so its definitely reviewed 3 months before. I thought it might be reviewed 2 months before as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Hi
My RA was renewed at the start of April until Jun 2010. More bag tags, 5k code and also BOGOF and a RA ref certificate.

J

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.