Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Is IHG supposed to contact us to notify us that they received out claim, or is the BRG acceptance/denial the first contact?
the latter
Old May 7, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
the latter
I see. Most people here seem to hear from them within 30-35 hours. If I don't hear from them after 2-3 days, should I just submit it again or should I chat with IHG online or call?
Old May 7, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
I see. Most people here seem to hear from them within 30-35 hours. If I don't hear from them after 2-3 days, should I just submit it again or should I chat with IHG online or call?
email: [email protected]

with ref to you reservation number
Old May 7, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
That the issue, you can not submit again, as IHG BRG team will automatically reject as not subbed within 24hours of your IHG booking,
Old May 7, 2014, 3:14 pm

It's been 4 days now for me and still no response. Just last month they were responding within a matter of hours.
Old May 7, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: A3-G
got email from them today about 31 hours waited

seem rules again

Claims for hotels within fifty (50) miles of your home address are not eligible for the Guarantee

Additional Free Night Restrictions. Claims for hotels within fifty (50) miles of your home address are not eligible for the Guarantee. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:02 pm

I now have one that's well over two days now. Something's going on over at the brg department....my claim is a simple one that wouldn't require further research either.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by United935

seem rules again

Claims for hotels within fifty (50) miles of your home address are not eligible for the Guarantee

Additional Free Night Restrictions. Claims for hotels within fifty (50) miles of your home address are not eligible for the Guarantee. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.
I'd suggest checking the latest t and c's to be sure that the BRG team are using the most up to date ones - I'm certain the 50 miles home requirement disappeared a little while ago
Old May 7, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold

seem rules again

I remember the above was removed from the T&C....
Old May 7, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB

seem rules again

There is no such rule at the moment. Got removed a while ago. https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Old May 7, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Submitted a claim 5 days ago. Check-in & cancellation cutoff is tomorrow. No reply so far. Is this their new strategy to deny claims, by just ignoring them?
Old May 7, 2014, 9:35 pm

Tried to get an amoma.com BRG through... To no avail....
Old May 7, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Waited 5 days now. No response so far.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Tried to get an amoma.com BRG through... To no avail....
The one I submitted is amoma as well. What was the reason yours was rejected? I submitted mine over 48 hours ago, still no response.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, US Silver
Originally Posted by elva
Submitted a claim 5 days ago. Check-in & cancellation cutoff is tomorrow. No reply so far. Is this their new strategy to deny claims, by just ignoring them?
I'm in the same boat, submitted last Friday, check-in is tomorrow. I called their 1-800 number and was told they had no ability to look into the status of my claim and that I should fill out the best price guarantee form and in the comment section ask for an update. I haven't received a respone from that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.