Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 2:03 am

it seems i wasn't alone in getting long delays to brg claims. until the brg wait times come down i will happily go elsewhere for the same $
Old May 8, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by lfc84
it seems i wasn't alone in getting long delays to brg claims. until the brg wait times come down i will happily go elsewhere for the same $
What $?
Old May 8, 2014, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
What $?
ok, if its one night then you get it free. but in my case 2 nights or more - i will just go elsewhere. so they lose room revenue and f&b.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:44 am

So what are my options if they don't reply after 3 days? I only booked the first night, still have 3 more nights to book. My options are to book the remaining 3 nights via 3rd-party website, or I can try doing the remaining nights through IHG again and submit another BRG.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:21 pm

Update. Got a reply from IHG. They declined my claim because apparently amoma only bills the credit card in euros, despite the website showing charges in almost any currency. The hotel I am staying at is in Africa, and even though the website shows the price and ZAR like IHG, that's not good enough.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Wink

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Update. Got a reply from IHG. They declined my claim because apparently amoma only bills the credit card in euros, despite the website showing charges in almost any currency. The hotel I am staying at is in Africa, and even though the website shows the price and ZAR like IHG, that's not good enough.
IHG is right as per their terms and conditions. The 3rd party site must bill in the same currency. Even if the 3rd party site shows you multiple currency options, most only bill your cc in a particular currency.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:41 am

My OH just had a claim approved within 18 hrs. not too shabby timing as opposed to 36hrs!
Old May 9, 2014, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IHG's currency requirement is quite clear, and widely acknowledged in this thread. All that is not clear is the currency the OTA uses. They often show prices in a great many currencies, for convenience, but bill credit cards in their "native" currency.

You need to verify what the billing currency is. The T&C sometimes tell you. Sometimes the payment page lets you know - but you might have to phone the helpline to check.

OTA with a local website are usually a good bet.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
IHG's currency requirement is quite clear, and widely acknowledged in this thread. All that is not clear is the currency the OTA uses. They often show prices in a great many currencies, for convenience, but bill credit cards in their "native" currency.

You need to verify what the billing currency is. The T&C sometimes tell you. Sometimes the payment page lets you know - but you might have to phone the helpline to check.

OTA with a local website are usually a good bet.
Indeed, and Amoma is a no go for non euro currency hotels
Old May 9, 2014, 8:51 am

I got burned by this as well . I would have just booked with Amoma if I had known -- they were a solid $30 cheaper than the rate I was trying to BRG -- the HIX Orlando Airport for $65 instead of $95.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:33 am
Used to be highman123

Added 2 claims 48 hours ago. For one claim I got - please wait we are researching it - the other claim has gotten no response yet.

Is that the new normal?

Last edited by MightyTravels; May 9, 2014 at 11:05 am
Old May 9, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Several of us already told you that it is the currency OTA charges your CC that is the important thing, and currency displayed on searching irrelevant. Many many OTA sites will let you see price in multiple currencies but charge in sites home currency.

On the bright side,since OTA can not earn anyone a BRG,the cheaper rate will not need be closed out by IHG or the individual IC hotel to prevent free nights being given away. So you can still get your last three nights via your OTA.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:29 pm

Looking to file first BRG. Hotelopia is $7 cheaper with cancellation up to 48 hours before arrival. IHG is non-refundable. Same room type. I looked but could not find if they billed in any other default currency than US, like Amoma. does this stand a chance of going through? Same room, better price and refundable?
Old May 10, 2014, 3:40 am

Based on what you say, it is a valid claim, but who knows since there are many variables. It is ok for the competing website to have more favorable cancellation conditions so you are fine there. You do have to make sure the billing currency is the same.
Old May 10, 2014, 9:39 am

I looked up hotelopia last night... their prices are WAY below IHG's. I actually wonder about their legitimacy. Also, I think I read that their based in Europe, so I'm guessing they charge in Euros...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.