Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Relax, you will get reimbursed i hsve usually received an email after the stay automatically asking to submit the bank details
Thanks for the info.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Just checked my BRG booking on the IHG website, and it comes back with the "can not display details of this booking", which is normally a good sign that the rate has been adjusted.

Looking at the mobile site, I see the estimated total is $373 down from the original of $460, and the rate type is "LMS BALANCING RC N", which is described as

"for hotel use only. To be used to cross reference rates in LMS. Rewards club points do not apply"

I'm assuming LMS is the lodging management system, the hotel software used my many in the hospitality trade.

Given they havnt used a rate code that gets me a zero rate, I think I need to enquire further.

Last edited by tangey; May 31, 2014 at 2:19 am
Old May 31, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

There has been a couple times where the rate hasnt changed to zero and i still havent been charged at check out.
Old May 31, 2014, 10:07 am

This may be a stupid question but:

I got the initial BRG email a day or two ago, but like others have been experiencing, I didn't get an updated rate email.

In any case, I just checked in, and I assume at check out I will either be not charged or I will have to wait for IHG to contact me about bank details (as per above).

The only question I have then, is: does it matter which credit card I pay for the reservation with?

I know no 'changes' to the reservation are allowed after the confirmed BRG; but at the check in desk, they said it doesn't matter which credit card I use. I assume that the changes implied are simply room type/number of people/etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by ft531
This may be a stupid question but:

I got the initial BRG email a day or two ago, but like others have been experiencing, I didn't get an updated rate email.

In any case, I just checked in, and I assume at check out I will either be not charged or I will have to wait for IHG to contact me about bank details (as per above).

The only question I have then, is: does it matter which credit card I pay for the reservation with?

I know no 'changes' to the reservation are allowed after the confirmed BRG; but at the check in desk, they said it doesn't matter which credit card I use. I assume that the changes implied are simply room type/number of people/etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
My interpretation of this would be the same as yours
Old May 31, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I search and search but still not able to find cheaper rate, all website shown the same as IHG. Appreciated if someone can PM me some good sites that can shown Euro. Thank you!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:31 am

I submitted a claim on Thursday afternoon and I have still yet to hear a response from IHG. We're going on over 60 hours at this point... I sent a gentle reminder email to make sure they received the claim after both 24 hours and again after 40 hours and still nothing. The lower rate is still available on the OTA. One strange thing, when I booked my original reservation on IHG.com I never did receive a confirmation email. However the reservation does show up in my upcoming reservations. Quite frustrating with the lack of response... Anybody have any recommendations?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Have you had any update on this?

I am having exactly the same problem at the moment.
The hotel has not adjusted the rate yet, and the BPG's team has not sent me an email about any technical difficulties either...

I think the first email should be good enough, but I personally just prefer to have something in writing confirming they will reimburse me after the stay. So, I have sent a following up email to the BPG team, hopefully they will response soon.
i went ahead and checked in anyway. an hour or so later the mobile web site had updated to "house use comp"

nothing to pay on checkout but no 2nd email from IHG so you should be ok
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Geoggy
i went ahead and checked in anyway. an hour or so later the mobile web site had updated to "house use comp"

nothing to pay on checkout but no 2nd email from IHG so you should be ok
Thanks for the update.
I have just received the reply from the BPG team. They were unable to adjust the rate to a free night, so I will need to email them my bank details for the transfer.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:31 am

What is the average time it takes for IHG to reimburse through fund transfer? I have waited for 6 weeks after checking out, still no fund shown in my bank account.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by just2010just
What is the average time it takes for IHG to reimburse through fund transfer? I have waited for 6 weeks after checking out, still no fund shown in my bank account.
4 weeks usually - has been bang on for me for 4 times so far.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by tringer2103
I submitted a claim on Thursday afternoon and I have still yet to hear a response from IHG. We're going on over 60 hours at this point... I sent a gentle reminder email to make sure they received the claim after both 24 hours and again after 40 hours and still nothing. The lower rate is still available on the OTA. One strange thing, when I booked my original reservation on IHG.com I never did receive a confirmation email. However the reservation does show up in my upcoming reservations. Quite frustrating with the lack of response... Anybody have any recommendations?
I also not received the reservation confirmation, same as you. I submitted a claim on 29th,May, sitll have not received the BRG results.Don't know what specific reasons. How many days the BRG team could give the response?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yiyuan05
I also not received the reservation confirmation, same as you. I submitted a claim on 29th,May, sitll have not received the BRG results.Don't know what specific reasons. How many days the BRG team could give the response?
I am still waiting for my BRG claim from 17 days ago. Have emailed BRG 3 times and last reply was that they are waiting to hear back from the OTA, and they have screen shots. Don't know what all the hassle is, but the OTA is based in Bahrain. My credit card was charged 10 days ago.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:22 pm

Sent a BRG claim and they denied stating they can't "see" a lower rate. The competitor site has never changed prices, in fact it's still available. I emailed them back and they just say sorry we look in real time and saw nothing lower....

Last edited by donovanrs28; Jun 4, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by donovanrs28
Sent a BRG claim and they denied stating they can't "see" a lower rate. The competitor site has never changed prices, in fact it's still available. I emailed them back and they just say sorry we look in real time and saw nothing lower....pictures are from a few minutes ago.
Might be best to remove it the SS , before killing that OTA..

Just resubmit fresh claim, similar to when you had to call in.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 11, 2014 at 12:00 am Reason: repaired quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.