Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by luftairways
I am waiting more than 24h and most of non-IHG website prices are changed
so you do not need to wait for an answer.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Good thing I checked here.

I too can see a hotel on a 72 hour sale until tomorrow.

But I fear that they wont get to it in time on purpose.

Unfortunately refundable rates are cancel day before, not day of.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
After accusations last year by the Office of Fair Trade (OFT) Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) has reached an agreement with Expedia.com and Priceline’s Booking.com to allow the online travel agents (OTAs) more control over pricing.

After an investigation last year, the OFT concluded that contracts between the hotel chain and the OTAs that limited Booking.com and Expedia from cutting their prices below those offered on IHG brand websites were limiting competition.

The agreement reached Friday allows for Expedia and Priceline to once again cut their rates below those offered by the hotel chain, but only for certain customer segments, including loyalty customers, or customers who have already booked through the agent’s channels. This allows for IHG to maintain control over pricing for first-time customers.

Currently, the agreement only pertains to IHG-branded hotels in the UK, but there will likely be pressure for the companies to expand these provisions in other countries including the U.S. and the rest of Europe, where there are currently price-fixing lawsuits against several hotel brands and OTAs regarding fair pricing.

OFT opened a consultation on commitments which will remain open for comment until Sept. 13.

Disputes. Any disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions or the offer of the Best Price Guarantee shall be resolved individually, without resort to class action, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, U.S.A., exclusively by an appropriate federal or state court located in the State of Georgia, U.S.A.

that's funny

Last edited by kaell; Dec 14, 2013 at 7:08 pm
Old Dec 15, 2013, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu

I too can see a hotel on a 72 hour sale until tomorrow.

But I fear that they wont get to it in time on purpose.

At the moment you have to wait ~48h for an answer.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 4:40 am

because they are doing their best just to not honour guarantee
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by luftairways
because they are doing their best just to not honour guarantee
I am sure
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
My senario

I booked a non refundable rate on IHG a week ago add now that non refundable rate is $10 less. Do I get any relief?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu

I've got the same issue with BRU. Fearing their not getting to sale rates on time, I found a regular one that seemed just right, but the refundable rate is cancel day before not day of. Been burned with the non-refs, not going that way any more.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by sanFF
I booked a non refundable rate on IHG a week ago add now that non refundable rate is $10 less. Do I get any relief?
I had the same. You get nothing back
Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just tried my first BRG with IHG. Made me laugh... They sent me a screen shot, actually showing the lower price I was claiming (with a slight difference for exchange rate changes over the 3 days they took to reply) but saying "we can't find your lower rate" and pointing out their equivalent rate half way down the page.

Seems fairly obvious they simply don't approve BRGs. Sad really... I would gladly book the lower rate without the free night, because I want the points and stay credit from booking direct with IHG... but if they won't even let me do that I have no choice but to go elsewhere...

Makes me appreciate SPG all the more...
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Same here. Exactly what happened to me. Those bpg people are lying in front of our face. Pointed at higher rate below a lower rate and told me that's the lowest rate on the website, while clearly it is not. I waited two days for a revision but they didn't get back to me. 30 minutes after I caNCELLeD my reservation I got a response saying "awwwwww too bad you just cancelled it, we were gonna review it ", please..

Here are some ways they tried their best to not honor you:

1.They will not respond for a really long time to let the rate expire
2. They will respond but lie to you that they cannot see the rate on their end
3. They will respond and lie to you the rate isn't "matching" while according to human standards it should match
4. They will respond with a mistake and hope you to write back for a review then never respond to that email
5. They will just not respond
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:21 am

They are liars, trying to convince me that club room + breakfast, doesn't include breakfast in the restaurant but in club lounge only.

How they can afford such a bad publicity all over internet, BRG Team behavior is ruining the Intercontinental brand.

Last edited by luftairways; Dec 16, 2013 at 4:28 am
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Is anyone seeing straightforward BRG acceptance ?

Over recent days, most reports have been of delays or refusals.

I wonder is this, in tandem with the removal of phone claims, a sign that they are employing new tactics to reduce BRG claims, or is it just a bad run / too small a sample.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

It is not a small sample. That's how they run. Those people over their is trying literally everything to deny a claim. For example, I cancelled my reservation and then two hours later they emailed me back saying they cannot verify a cancelled reservation, while before the cancellation I waited over 3 days without a response.

The BpG people need to be seriously put out in public eyes, it's an American company and we have american standards. Maybe someone should write an article about it.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:35 pm

I guess thats why it takes so long at the moment. they try their best to avoid the free night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.