Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi guys, anyone has any experience claiming a BRG by reserving a room without booking the lower 'Member exclusive rate' (without quoting my IHG number on the reservation?

Eg :
IHG rate
Adv purchase Member exclusive saving rate : 110 euro/night
Adv purchase : 130 euro/night

Third Party website rate
Adv purchase : 120euro/night

Anyone tried to book the 130 euro rate and claim the BRG?
I think you should be ok even though you are a member because according to the T&C you can't compare 'rates that are exclusive to members'.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:08 am

Does anyone have experience with reimbursement for an advanced purchase rate?

I have a successful BRG for a stay in June 2014 but my credit card has already been charged the full amount. The BRG desk is telling me they can only process the reimbursement after my stay is complete. Is this typical? Or may I ask for a refund now, since my card has been charged the full amount?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Jaffar

I have a successful BRG for a stay in June 2014 but my credit card has already been charged the full amount. The BRG desk is telling me they can only process the reimbursement after my stay is complete. Is this typical? Or may I ask for a refund now, since my card has been charged the full amount?
I've had 3 scenarios.

1) I contacted the hotel (which had accepted the BRG) and they refunded the payment.

2) I had multiple reservations at a hotel, and they left the payment as a credit amount on my bill, which was fine.

3) If the hotel refuses to accept the BRG, and IHG must pay you themselves, then of course IHG will only do so once you have actually stayed. I had this happen too.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Kit4na
Filled in a BRG for a hotel in Paris. Found it on IHG for 264 & other site 244. Went to check it again an half an hour ago and it was changed on IHG site to 244 as well :-) Haven't gotten an e-mail back yet but since they did change the price too I think I'm in luck to get a free night
That might be premature.

The price must be better AT THE TIME OF VERIFICATION. If the IHG dept don't verify it until after the price has been changed, then it will fail.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:41 am

Well I booked the room already ( I can cancel for free ), so I have an invoice which says 264 euros. Anyways they denied my claim since the site where I found it was American so payment was in dollars instead of euros. Filled a new claim where payment is in euros :-)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Kit4na
Well I booked the room already ( I can cancel for free ), so I have an invoice which says 264 euros. Anyways they denied my claim since the site where I found it was American so payment was in dollars instead of euros. Filled a new claim where payment is in euros :-)
There have been a few instances on here where it was shown that it doesn't matter what the price was at the time your booked it, what matters is the price when the BRG agent tries to verify it. It certainly isn't fair, but that's the way a few people have been denied in the past.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I think you should be ok even though you are a member because according to the T&C you can't compare 'rates that are exclusive to members'.
I do hope so, but just don't have the guts to give it a try...In my case, the difference between the member exclusive rate and normal adv purchase rate is about 80euro for 2nights...but of course, if I managed to score the BRG, I could save about 100euro for 2nights...complicated...

Anybody has any experience with it?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Best rate will reimburse rather than credit free night

So my wife booked a BRG room in NYC this week for my Birthday back in May. We are gold with IHG and my wife recently checked back as she never saw a confirmation that it was free. They told her it was a 'glitch' in the system and that because of social media, they had to have people come to the hotel and they would reimburse them after the fact.

Is this legit? I think its a crock of you know what. I'm disappointed they would take this stance. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know in the end its still free but 6 months to get it changed to 'free' seems to be plenty of time. Don't you think?

-A
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan
BRG Form Crashing?

I keep getting an error message: 500 Servlet Exception, when I try to submit a claim. Anyone ran into this before? Any idea how quickly IHG fixes their website?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Anaom
We are gold with IHG and my wife recently checked back as she never saw a confirmation that it was free. They told her it was a 'glitch' in the system and that because of social media, they had to have people come to the hotel and they would reimburse them after the fact.

Is this legit? I think its a crock of you know what. I'm disappointed they would take this stance. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know in the end its still free but 6 months to get it changed to 'free' seems to be plenty of time. Don't you think?

-A
It happens. an NYC IHG hotel got BRG bombed a few months ago via various blogs (and indeed a post on FT), and it was hit with scores of BRGs is the period of a day or two. If it's the same hotel, it is not unlikely that this hotel has a particular way of dealing with BRGs going forward.

I suppose you can thank the bloggers for that.

Having said that, did IHG confirm to your wife now that the BRG is valid, assuming yes, then I imagine the hotel will honour it.

It certainly is one way that hotels fulfil their BRG obligations, although I agree its far from ideal. I had an experience of staying on a BRG last week that was booked in March, and the hotel left the payment on my account rather than refund me. Didn't matter to me because I had an overlapping stay there anyway that needed paying, and my BRG credit was set against this. The downside of course is that, if you cancel the booking, the hotel is not obligated to refund you. That's right, its only a free night if you use it, if you don't use it, you pay for it.

Originally Posted by Anaom
So my wife booked a BRG room in NYC this week for my Birthday back in May.
I'm not sure what function the word "So" achieves at the start of that sentence. Also, surely you mean next May, not "back in" May, which implies an historic event ?

Last edited by tangey; Nov 26, 2013 at 8:15 am
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Thanks for the info Tangey

Yes. I looked and was for an intercontinental. This is for a Holiday Inn Express. Ah well. We'll see what happens. The part that sucks is the rate has dropped by almost 200$ since she originally booked it.

Still no word from the hotel GM or BRG customer service. I found an old number but it now says to submit online...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:36 pm

seems IC Roma can be BRG with getaroom.com.
IDK if this can work. I have already summit a claim. The price is only EU 1.** then the IHG.com

will I get approve? I am a beginner of BRG program ha ..
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:50 pm

Most probably IHG BRG team will tell you that getaroom.com bill in usd only. However, please report back=)

Originally Posted by Travelism
seems IC Roma can be BRG with getaroom.com.
IDK if this can work. I have already summit a claim. The price is only EU 1.** then the IHG.com

will I get approve? I am a beginner of BRG program ha ..
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by Jaffar

I paid for a room for $3000 AP and was told I would get the money back when I checked out . The hotel took payment in Oct 2012 and I stayed in June and I still haven't got my money back over a year ago .

IHG customer care keep telling me the funds will arrive by a certain date and that comes and passes . I ring in again all they keep telling me is sorry sorry sorry . I wouldn't recommend doing any AP BRGS
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:03 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
When you send in a claim do you receive an email confirmation. I sent in a claim yesterday and nothing in my email. Should I resubmit my claim?

never done this BRG before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.