Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

there are also lawsuits filed against Jesus and Santa Claus
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
there are also lawsuits filed against Jesus and Santa Claus
no offense, but your comments are becoming ridiculous like those excuses from BRG Team
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum

Lets file another one against IHG on their action on unethical conduct in bpg department
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by kaell
no offense, but your comments are becoming ridiculous like those excuses from BRG Team
No offense taken. I assume you just don't understand my point, and therefore I will go into detail to explain it to you.

Merely citing to a number of lawsuits that have been filed is completely irrelevant.

First, there is little to stop anyone from *filing* a lawsuit on any grounds. I am completely serious that there are lawsuits filed against Jesus Christ and Santa Claus.

Second, the lawsuits cited have nothing to do with the matter at hand. The post I was responding to links to a number of related cases alleging antitrust violations by EVERY MAJOR HOTEL CHAIN. In some ways, this would actually bolster my point that IHG does not stand out as compared to other chains BRGs, given that you go on those forums and some of the same people are complaining they have been "scammed" or "cheated" out of a free room.

If you label a response like this "ridiculous", it is no wonder that an IHG rep gets the same belligerent response from you.

Finally, Stevie, you cannot sue someone for your belief they are being "unethical." If so, a lot of Flyertalkers who try and get free travel all the time could be subject to suit.

Last edited by Adam1222; Dec 20, 2013 at 8:50 am
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Yes you can, and flyer takers are individuals not corporation, they don't have a piece of paper saying they have to conduct ethical behavior, but iHG is a corporation and they do, and they violated it.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by StevieCRock
Yes you can, and flyer takers are individuals not corporation, they don't have a piece of paper saying they have to conduct ethical behavior, but iHG is a corporation and they do, and they violated it.
Stevie, I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but, alas, there is no such legal requirement that corporations engage in ethical behavior. Nor do articles of incorporation usually state "this corporation shall engage in ethical behavior." And even if they did, you would not have standing to sue a corporation for violating its own corporate formation documents.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:41 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Stevie, I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but, alas, there is no such legal requirement that corporations engage in ethical behavior. Nor do articles of incorporation usually state "this corporation shall engage in ethical behavior." And even if they did, you would not have standing to sue a corporation for violating its own corporate formation documents.

you have to love this company since you spend so much time and energy to defend it in every comment. I am sure all your claims will be accepted
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by kaell
you have to love this company since you spend so much time and energy to defend it in every comment. I am sure all your claims will be accepted
Honestly, stop this BS. No, I am not defending the company by explaining that your views of the law are completely incorrect. Aren't people allowed to (a) discuss positive experiences and (b) point out completely illogical/ignorant comments in people's complaints?

I am trying to share my knowledge of how law actually operates to point out completely misguided comments on this thread. I should feel comfortable to do so without these completely unsupported attacks.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:31 pm

Regardless IHG's best price guarantee has the most illogical, unreasonable agents among all other hotel chains. Taking a week to respond or to not respond and lie to customers is not how you are suppose to conduct business, either fix it or cancel it.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Angry Bug in IHG app, app bookings are always more expensive

I nearly booked a room today through the official IHG Iphone app. Just before I hit the confirm button I double checked the rate at the normal IHG website. Guess what, the app is allways more expensive. Although I am logged in as a member both in the app and the website, the app doesn`t show the 10% off discounted rate for IHG members..

In the Big Win 2014 competition I need to book some stays through their app, now I know such bookings will allways be 10% more compared to "regular" IHG website bookings.

When you check the page about the IHG app it says:

We guarantee the best available prices
when you book your stay through the
IHG® app, or your first night is free

But still compared to third party websites...
I had no luck in claiming a BRG
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
They have now stopped allowing reimbursement by cheque.

And whilst BACS is undeniabley quicker, it's not that easy to obtain your international banking information without calling your bank, which becomes expensive if you're abroad.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
They have now stopped allowing reimbursement by cheque.

And whilst BACS is undeniabley quicker, it's not that easy to obtain your international banking information without calling your bank, which becomes expensive if you're abroad.
If you have online banking, you can usually get IBAN [and BIC/SWIFT] that way.

Small downside on my [only] BACS reimbursement is that I got short changed
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
IHG newbie

Sorry if this is FAQ - I am looking at a property where the lowest room category is available through a 3rd party (albeit in another currency), and is only bookable on points on ihg.com. Am I SOL or does the BPG cover this case?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
Sorry if this is FAQ - I am looking at a property where the lowest room category is available through a 3rd party (albeit in another currency), and is only bookable on points on ihg.com. Am I SOL or does the BPG cover this case?
You can only BRG an OTA rate against an IHG room you reserved on IHG websites. You can not BRG against Award night as you are not payng for the room.

I have never seen or heard of any hotel with a room on Award (points) without also being available to book as a paid night. Maybe your search is set to award Nights instead of Best Available?

Your IHG and OTA rates must be in same currency, that means the currency OTA bills your credit card, which is known to vary from the currency OTA displays room rates in.

Also selecting OTA currency display from a pulldown option is no help as OTA will charge in their chosen currency.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
OTA Website Suggestions for Kyoto/HK/Manila

Anyone had any luck recently with BRG's in Hong Kong, Kyoto/Osaka, or Manila? I've got some upcoming stays there in January and have not had any luck finding good OTA sites to use. Any PM's with suggestions would be appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.