Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
You say "times up", but does the website say anything about them having to respond in a certain time? Are you willing to pay for the translation, or have the cost passed along to paying customers? Should the company automatically accept any claim submitted in a foreign language rather than taking the time to translate it?
you work for them?

website says "3 business days for response"
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
I think it probably mentions somewhere that the BRG is applicable only when the lower rate is found within 24 hours of booking.

Anyone know if there's any recourse if after booking a non-cancellable rate in IHG website, say 3 weeks later, I find a cheaper price in IHG website itself for the same dates and the same booking rate (i.e. best available rate)?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by vogriphach
I think it probably mentions somewhere that the BRG is applicable only when the lower rate is found within 24 hours of booking.

Anyone know if there's any recourse if after booking a non-cancellable rate in IHG website, say 3 weeks later, I find a cheaper price in IHG website itself for the same dates and the same booking rate (i.e. best available rate)?
No, there isn't. If there was they'd never be able to run sales (like the current 50% off China sale) - without having every one cancel their non-cancellable bookings.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kaell
you work for them?

website says "3 business days for response"
Nope. Don't work for them.
But also, where does it say 3 business days?
Just checked the T&C https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
and the FAQ https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rice-guarantee

If there is another page listing the terms and conditions of this program, I would like to know so I can ensure the claims I submit meet those terms. Thank you for sharing.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by vogriphach

Yes, this would defeat the entire point of a Best Rate Guarantee and of a non-cancellable rate.

Check out the description of the program, which says in bold "Did you find a lower room price and a total room cost that are both less than the room price and the total room cost for the IHG hotel on a “competing Web site” within 24 hours of your IHG reservation?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:24 am

Nope. Don't work for them.
But also, where does it say 3 business days?
Just checked the T&C https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
and the FAQ https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rice-guarantee

If there is another page listing the terms and conditions of this program, I would like to know so I can ensure the claims I submit meet those terms. Thank you for sharing.
When you submit the claim, it mentions something about up to or within 3 business days for a reply from them.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by tys90
When you submit the claim, it mentions something about up to or within 3 business days for a reply from them.
But it doesn't say they will approve or deny your claim within 3 days, does it? If someone has the exact language, that would be great. I don't recall it being an enforceable promise, but something like "'You should expect'

To clarify: I'm not saying it's good that you don't get a response in 3 days. But I'm suggesting a "Time's up, now give me a free night" request is unmerited and unlikely to be successful. And based on my experience, submitting dozens of claims, I've never waited more than 3 business days for a response, which makes me think something is amiss here, or there is a genuine problem translating a foreign language site.

Last edited by Adam1222; Dec 18, 2013 at 8:45 am
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:57 am

But it doesn't say they will approve or deny your claim within 3 days, does it? If someone has the exact language, that would be great. I don't recall it being an enforceable promise, but something like "'You should expect'

To clarify: I'm not saying it's good that you don't get a response in 3 days. But I'm suggesting a "Time's up, now give me a free night" request is unmerited and unlikely to be successful. And based on my experience, submitting dozens of claims, I've never waited more than 3 business days for a response, which makes me think something is amiss here, or there is a genuine problem translating a foreign language site.
I feel like I'm getting trolled here so I'm only going to respond to relevant information.

It doesn't say that they will do anything except respond within 3 days. However, since the whole premise of best rate guarantee is based on time-sensitive information, one should expect decisions within a reasonable time frame. I submitted a claim from an english website and have been waiting over 6 days now (4 business days).

I don't think anyone expects a free night just because they are slow to respond. The frustration is from them taking a long time to respond to time-sensitive information.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:23 am

you're not being trolled. the "Times up" language was not mine, nor was the "these IHG people have no dignity. " when I pointed out my positive experiences yesterday, the response was rude and unwelcoming. this forum needs to be welcome to temperate dialogue and people who have had good experiences, not just bad.
I am genuinely trying to be helpful, as the attitude reflected in many posts is not productive.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:47 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
Here are some ways they tried their best to not honor you:

1.They will not respond for a really long time to let the rate expire
2. They will respond but lie to you that they cannot see the rate on their end
3. They will respond and lie to you the rate isn't "matching" while according to human standards it should match
4. They will respond with a mistake and hope you to write back for a review then never respond to that email
5. They will just not respond
6. They will point you to a Japanese-only version of an IHG website and tell you that the lower rate is also available on that website and therefore the BRG is not valid and it's your fault that you booked a higher rate.

HTB.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:22 am

You NEED to reserve 'Exclusive member discount' rate!!!

Alright, my friend gave it a go on claiming against advance purchase rate when there's available 'Exclusive Member discount' rate. And here is the reply :

'Per the terms of the program, guests must book a room with the lowest available price on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.” Our lowest Best Available rate is under the Exclusive Member Discount Rate.'

And so, his claim is rejected.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Alright, my friend gave it a go on claiming against advance purchase rate when there's available 'Exclusive Member discount' rate. And here is the reply :

'Per the terms of the program, guests must book a room with the lowest available price on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.” Our lowest Best Available rate is under the Exclusive Member Discount Rate.'

However that rate is not available to general public - since it's a member only rate. So as per Terms and Conditions your friend's claim should be accepted.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong

Your friend should have tried making a claim based on not being a member, i.e. not logged into the IHG website, at which point, the member's rate would not have been available to him.

I think this member's rate is another way of IHG dealing with BRG. One assumes 3rd party sites T&C with IHG is that they must not be lower than the headline rate. Even if they end up being slightly lower, chances are they wouldn't be 10% lower.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum

It doesn't matter, they are taking a week to respond, even If you find a rate that's valid, they are not gonna get back to you until it expires.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by tangey
Your friend should have tried making a claim based on not being a member, i.e. not logged into the IHG website, at which point, the member's rate would not have been available to him.

I think this member's rate is another way of IHG dealing with BRG. One assumes 3rd party sites T&C with IHG is that they must not be lower than the headline rate. Even if they end up being slightly lower, chances are they wouldn't be 10% lower.
The point of a Best Rate Guarantee is not to give out free rooms, and allow people to play a game to find a way to get a free room. The point is to let people know they'll get the best rate by booking through IHG. If your friend could have gotten the same/lower rate with IHG than with a third party provider, the spirit of the BRG is fulfilled, even if you don't get a free room. It is not a "Let's play a game of find a cheaper rate and you win a free night prize" guarantee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.