Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:42 pm
  #5056  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 589
I have been waiting since last Thursday morning for them to finish my claim. I've submitted a few times before and they very quickly (usually less than 1 day) found legitimate reasons to deny the claim. I may be paranoid but now that I think I have a valid claim, they are taking forever. In fact, they went so far to send me an e-mail saying:

"We are still researching the room accommodation you found on...." That was Friday. I haven't gotten that with any of my other claims.
tys90 is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:36 pm
  #5057  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Originally Posted by tys90
I have been waiting since last Thursday morning for them to finish my claim. I've submitted a few times before and they very quickly (usually less than 1 day) found legitimate reasons to deny the claim. I may be paranoid but now that I think I have a valid claim, they are taking forever. In fact, they went so far to send me an e-mail saying:

"We are still researching the room accommodation you found on...." That was Friday. I haven't gotten that with any of my other claims.
wow, that's terrible, the amount of time it takes to write you that worthless email is enough time to research the rate. I am at 35 hours and counting. and I agree, in the past it took around 6 hours or so, now its ridiculously long.
babypuwet is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:13 pm
  #5058  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 102
New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

I filed a couple of claims, two of them I cancelled as the lower rate is gone.
Like i said previously, those two cancelled claims got emails back saying "you cancelled it so we cannot verify anymore, we are sorry"

Those ones i believe are 100% valid, I've waited since about mid-last week too
StevieCRock is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:27 pm
  #5059  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
I filed a couple of claims, two of them I cancelled as the lower rate is gone.
Like i said previously, those two cancelled claims got emails back saying "you cancelled it so we cannot verify anymore, we are sorry"

Those ones i believe are 100% valid, I've waited since about mid-last week too
wow, so its been almost a week for you? Doesn't that violate their T & Cs which states 72 hours?
babypuwet is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:42 pm
  #5060  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 102
It does. That's why they had to find an excuse to deny me first, then I respond because their reason of denial is obviously a lie, then this in fact gives them a reason to delay for 3 more days, they are hoping the lower rate is gonna be gone by then.
StevieCRock is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:36 pm
  #5061  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CGN
Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Posts: 239
my claim was accepted after 56 hours waiting
cgnSenator is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:43 pm
  #5062  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
It does. That's why they had to find an excuse to deny me first, then I respond because their reason of denial is obviously a lie, then this in fact gives them a reason to delay for 3 more days, they are hoping the lower rate is gonna be gone by then.
so they sent you a screen shot that showed the lower rate? if so, then it verifies the rate, so wouldn't they have to honor it?
babypuwet is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:04 pm
  #5063  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 102
They send me a screenshot with a lower rate on it, but they pointed at a higher rate below the lowest rate and told me that one is the lowest rate on that website. I responded, "the one above that rate is", and still awaiting.
StevieCRock is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:06 pm
  #5064  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,677
I seem to sense a pattern here. I made a BRG claim on Dec. 14. I thought for sure they would get back to me in 24 hours. Well, they got back to me allright. Today - only a few hours ago.

By the time that they responded, denying my claim, the website had changed. When I made the claim it was identical (except much lower price) offering "free cancellation." Well, now that lower website is still lower, but the "free cancellation terms have changed.

Do I have a leg to stand on here? I guess they are in the habit of getting back to people very late?
BillyBaloney is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:56 am
  #5065  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 989
42 hours, but mine is approved! been waiting nervously after reading what has transpired in recent days. I wonder why its taken them so long to reply, both SPG and Marriott, chains that I normally deal with has a 24 hour policy
babypuwet is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:11 am
  #5066  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 10
I sent my claim just before 24h lapsed since reservation, they responded after 48 hours - saying they couldn't verify the rate ;] they changed price of course but it was outside 24 h
luftairways is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:16 am
  #5067  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CGN
Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by babypuwet
42 hours, but mine is approved! been waiting nervously after reading what has transpired in recent days. I wonder why its taken them so long to reply, both SPG and Marriott, chains that I normally deal with has a 24 hour policy
i think it is because a lot of people write back after their claim was denied. They have double or triple work right now.
cgnSenator is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:56 am
  #5068  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
i think it is because a lot of people write back after their claim was denied. They have double or triple work right now.
How do you know? 're their lawyer?
luftairways is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:17 am
  #5069  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CGN
Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by luftairways
How do you know? 're their lawyer?
As I sad, I think it takes to much time to answer all the objections.
cgnSenator is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:50 am
  #5070  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tyrone,EU
Programs: Avios Hunter
Posts: 2,830
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
It is not a small sample. That's how they run. Those people over their is trying literally everything to deny a claim. For example, I cancelled my reservation and then two hours later they emailed me back saying they cannot verify a cancelled reservation, while before the cancellation I waited over 3 days without a response.

The BpG people need to be seriously put out in public eyes, it's an American company and we have american standards. Maybe someone should write an article about it.
I don't disagree with anything you say, except AFAIK, its a UK company.
tangey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.