Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I wonder, at what point do before checkin one is supposed to contact the property and ask them to merge X number one night reservations?
I've found a lot of them will do it automatically. It probably wouldn't hurt to do it once your nights and plans are finalized though...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I have "merged" 6x1 night awards from two different accounts (my gf and I). All they did was make a note in the reservations to be placed in the same room. Maybe it would be different if all award nights were under 1 account, maybe then they can merge it into just one big reservation... but even then, I probably would want it separated just in case something changes and/or need to cancel a few nights.

I had also requested to be placed in rm#206, but they said they will try. A few weeks later, reach out to them to ask a question about my reservation. Within their response, they mentioned that there are notes in my reservation to be placed in rm 204 or 205. I am a PA. Rm 204/205 is pretty good for Emerald. (I think 206 is best).

My dilemma is... I am still debating to pay for upgrade to Sapphire. Or maybe wait it out until check-in to see if will be upgraded then, and if not, then ask for pay option to upg to sapphire then I risk being able to choose which Sapphire OWB to stay in.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I'm sure you will get a Sapphire, keep in mind they have over 80 bungalows and 20 of them are Sapphire.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:29 pm

Alright, I call uncle. I've been staying up until midnight when the website can let me check for reward nights for exactly 330 days out, and I haven't seen anything at this time. I've checked for the last week (at all hours of the day, in case reward space was loaded at some later point in time) and I only saw availability once (randomly) at like 5pm at 329 days, which was snatched up within the hour.

Anyone have any insight?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by nittany987
Alright, I call uncle. I've been staying up until midnight when the website can let me check for reward nights for exactly 330 days out, and I haven't seen anything at this time. I've checked for the last week (at all hours of the day, in case reward space was loaded at some later point in time) and I only saw availability once (randomly) at like 5pm at 329 days, which was snatched up within the hour.

Anyone have any insight?
Midnight EST. 9 pm if you're in west coast. Or are we on DST?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I have "merged" 6x1 night awards from two different accounts (my gf and I). All they did was make a note in the reservations to be placed in the same room. Maybe it would be different if all award nights were under 1 account, maybe then they can merge it into just one big reservation... but even then, I probably would want it separated just in case something changes and/or need to cancel a few nights.

I had also requested to be placed in rm#206, but they said they will try. A few weeks later, reach out to them to ask a question about my reservation. Within their response, they mentioned that there are notes in my reservation to be placed in rm 204 or 205. I am a PA. Rm 204/205 is pretty good for Emerald. (I think 206 is best).
Thanks, very helpful!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Silver
My first quick impressions after a couple days here at IC Thalasso:

1. Beautiful and private resort. They say they are near capacity, but I don't see many people, except maybe 15-20 people around the time of the 2pm stingray feeding. They said they are doing some minor renovations but I don't notice.

2. The food is so-so. We chose the 50% off meal plan option at check-in (50% off you if you prepay for all your breakfast upfront) - about 2000 XPF per person. Just barely worth it given how expensive food is here - they have an omelette station, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, everything you need. In the rooms, they have Nespresso capsules (they charge $4/capsule for these) and free Nescafe coffee.

3. They have paid and free internet options. The free internet is not spotty at all - surprisingly functional/responsive compared to other remote resorts I've visited. Just barely enough to stream, but not comfortably so. Not a problem to load websites and do email. However you are limited to 2 devices - you have to call the front desk to reset. Can't do tablet, phone, plus laptop!

4. We got an Emerald OTW bungalow facing the beach. We've got a nice view of the stingray feeding and a little mini-island with trees. The Sapphire bungalows are a further walk and I don't think worth the extra money, unless you truly value utter privacy and want an unobstructed view of the mountain. The windows are reflective, so you can't really see inside, even with the shades pulled back.

5. They have a dvd player, bose iphone dock, and 2 smallish LCD tv's (32-inches or so in the living room, smaller in the bedroom. They have HDMI inputs if you want to bring your own movies/shows (and your laptop has an HDMI out or an adapter).

6. The water is beautiful. You can get free fish-food for your bungalow at the concierge or poolstand, but there are very few fish that we can see. Also I would recommend bringing some water shoes - there are some sharp-ish rocks here and there.

7. January is the rainiest month in Bora Bora, but so far 80% of our time has been bright and sunny. I would definitely come back this time of year, regardless of shoulder season or high season. They have tons of large umbrellas so no real need to bring one.

8. We stopped by Vaitape on our way here - it is a small town with not too much going on. There is a well-stocked Chinese grocery a few minutes walk away that is worth checking out for ramen and other snack items.

9. The gym is decent - some treadmills and machines. They have some fruit to snack on and tv's to watch.

10. The concierge, convenience/pearl store, restaurant, bar, and pool are all connected in one "great space" - feels very open and modern. The lobby itself is separate, and has a marvelous view of Mt. Otemanu.

11. Free kayaking and snorkeling. Have to bring them back before dark though. Haven't yet been on any excursions, though there are many romantic options including a helicopter day ride to a remote beach.

12. Not too many mosquitoes encountered yet. We have a little lizard companion in our bungalow but he's been discrete.

13. This place is fantastic whichever room you land. Not a place to party or check out sites, but to relax/reflect/re-energize with your spouse or family. Really defines paradise.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by nittany987

Anyone have any insight?
Odd. They seem to have added inventory for 4 - 9 January 2016 now.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:41 pm

Is there any way to avoid "extra person charge"? We have three people, but it seems like they will charge 10000xpf for the third person (no charge if only two people).... I have ambassador status, I am not sure if extra person charge waiver is part of ambassador benefit even though it says "single occupancy rate for double occupancy" (but in this resort, single occupancy rate is the same as double occupancy rate).....
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
So, I have a free night booked at the IC Tahiti and then 4 nights at the Thalasso. IC Tahiti was an 'into the nights' free night and the Thalasso is 4 points nights.

I'm not currently an IC ambassador, but considering signing up. I know upgrades are only guaranteed on paid bookings, but I was thinking it 'might' help on an awards upgrade?

Are any of the other perks honoured on a rewards booking? Or will it be a waste of $200?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Is there any way to avoid "extra person charge"? We have three people, but it seems like they will charge 10000xpf for the third person (no charge if only two people).... I have ambassador status, I am not sure if extra person charge waiver is part of ambassador benefit even though it says "single occupancy rate for double occupancy" (but in this resort, single occupancy rate is the same as double occupancy rate).....
If you make it an awards booking with 3 people there is usually no charge... if you can find availability..
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by travellermatt
If you make it an awards booking with 3 people there is usually no charge... if you can find availability..
They told me they won't charge me the extra person fee for the nights booked with Ambassador weekend certificate rate and into the night free night , but for the additional night booked with the regular AAA rate, they will charge extra person fee.

I am not sure if you would still have to pay extra person charge if you book using points.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I am not sure if you would still have to pay extra person charge if you book using points.
If you book an award night, up to 4x adults can stay in a room.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by travellermatt
So, I have a free night booked at the IC Tahiti and then 4 nights at the Thalasso. IC Tahiti was an 'into the nights' free night and the Thalasso is 4 points nights.

I'm not currently an IC ambassador, but considering signing up. I know upgrades are only guaranteed on paid bookings, but I was thinking it 'might' help on an awards upgrade?

Are any of the other perks honoured on a rewards booking? Or will it be a waste of $200?
On a free night booking at IC Tahiti in Papeete, we were upgraded from the main building to an overwater bungalow at no charge (as plat ambassador).
It was okay, but we wouldn't pay for the upgrade in Tahiti.

At Thalasso, I suspect your chances of any upgrade are less likely, as they tend to be fully booked all the time, and there is no guaranteed upgrade on rewards bookings.

However, other Ambassador benefits are honored even on rewards bookings, such as complimentary bottled water daily and a fruit bowl at check in. If you think that is worth the $200, go for it.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I was there four weeks ago and I was upgraded to Sapphire OWB with a partial view of the mount (from the balcony, OWB#234). I got a complimentary (1L) bottle of water + 2 small one daily, a fruit platter at check in, plus a medium beach bag, and of course, a complimentary bottle of champagne (it was our 10 years anniversary). All this just for $200, which was the cost of the Ambassador membership (Plat Amb since I have the IHG CC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.