FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:31 am
alanslegal

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kpc
Last year we stayed 1 night at Thalasso (all we could get) and 3 nights at Le Moana....we had the best of both worlds. When on Thalasso, we ate at the resort restaurant (highly recommend Le Corail) and just lazed around on the island (we had just over 24 hours as we arrived at 11am and left at 2 pm the following day for Le Moana). When at Le Moana, we had a beach bungalow which was nice enough but we organised all our activities then including the snorkelling safari in the lagoon, dinner at http://www.villamahana.com/ and a couple of other local restaurants (eg Bora Bora yacht club). If you can't get a room at Thalasso, don't fret and just pay for the ferry ride there from Le Moana and enjoy the resort, activities and view for the day...bring your camera!

We also spent 3 nights in Moorea which shouldn't be forgotten
We're here at the Thalasso now (and you might have noticed my flooding on Facebook about it )

We stayed two nights at the Le Moana first before coming here for four nights. The LM was enjoyable; staff we're friendly and helpful I enjoyed being on the beach and being able to walk out and straight into the lagoon (even though there were rocks and other bumpy bits in the water).

The Thalasso though; the overwater bungalows are in a different class though especially if using the same amount of points (but you pay for it in $$$ if paying cash rates). We got the basic entry level Emerald vilas (as expected) since we are on points and I am guessing they send all the points stayers to villas 137, 138 or 139 facing the dock I did ask for an upgrade but was offered a Sapphire for 15,000xpf per night "facing" the construction site which I declined - that yellow mobile crane each morning ewwwww no thanks.

Anyway we did go to Villa Mahana and thought it was very overrated; maybe the best in Bora Bora (which I can't confirm or deny that). The lobster risotto and beer fillet were very good, the duck liver was pretty good too but the rest which means 3/5 courses and 4/5 courses did not excite/please/meet my expectations. Will post up on TA shortly including pics but after being to many top quality restaurants worldwide, this was one a let down especially all the hype it gets here and online.

Anyway, back on topic - here's the latest shuttle times (and prices)
Attached Images