Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:55 am

can anyone recommend the best way to reach Bora Bora from the US via miles? i know it cant all be done in miles but at least a good portion?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
can anyone recommend the best way to reach Bora Bora from the US via miles? i know it cant all be done in miles but at least a good portion?
We are discussing a hotel property here but http://bit.ly/1u8hA0d
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Just returned from a four night stay on points here, following four nights at La Moana. This was our second stay here, the last being 5 years ago. Sad to see the coral hasn't grown much at all though the hotel can't really be blamed for that. The property itself is still really comfortable and staff was mostly great, though some slight inconsistencies (mostly with housekeeping) keeps it from being truly top notch in my opinion. The rooms were a bit more worn down than they were our last visit (i.e. Lots of scratches on the floors, furniture with water stains, etc.) Bed still really comfortable and love th Algotherm toiletries. Spa still excellent. As an Amb we were upgraded to a Sapphire room, I had requested a room on the south fork away from the boat dock and this was granted. Really especially except for the rooms directly facing the dock I can't believe there's a bad room here. We did the half off breakfast and found it a great deal for us, we'd head over at about 10am and be full until dinner time. Overall a excellent stay and really a tremendous value at 50k night.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
We are discussing a hotel property here but http://bit.ly/1u8hA0d
congrats on wasting your time and mine
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Just returned from a four night stay on points here, following four nights at La Moana. This was our second stay here, the last being 5 years ago. Sad to see the coral hasn't grown much at all though the hotel can't really be blamed for that. The property itself is still really comfortable and staff was mostly great, though some slight inconsistencies (mostly with housekeeping) keeps it from being truly top notch in my opinion. The rooms were a bit more worn down than they were our last visit (i.e. Lots of scratches on the floors, furniture with water stains, etc.) Bed still really comfortable and love th Algotherm toiletries. Spa still excellent. As an Amb we were upgraded to a Sapphire room, I had requested a room on the south fork away from the boat dock and this was granted. Really especially except for the rooms directly facing the dock I can't believe there's a bad room here. We did the half off breakfast and found it a great deal for us, we'd head over at about 10am and be full until dinner time. Overall a excellent stay and really a tremendous value at 50k night.
What's a "half off breakfast"?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
What's a "half off breakfast"?
As per other posts in this thread, they're offering half off breakfasts at check in, so long as you agree to take it for the duration of your stay. 50% off = half off.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
As per other posts in this thread, they're offering half off breakfasts at check in, so long as you agree to take it for the duration of your stay. 50% off = half off.
Nice. Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:51 am

rambling thoughts

Im am currently writing this from our overwater bungalow. This is our 3rd of 7 nights. This reward redemption is an absolute steal at 50k a night. Apparently this week, and up to christmas, is the "slow season". Yep, thats right. Only a two week slow season. I am Platinum, and have stayed at IHG properties quite a bit recently. No upgrade, but We can't complain! Every room here is awesome, no matter what view! It's Bora Bora!! Our room looks at the beach to the south(I think, its on the complete other side of the boat dock). Nothing to bother us over here. The property does seem a bit worn, but I figure its not too easy keeping all this wood in good shape with the humid air. They do fit in a bit of renovation work daily(pressure washing the bungalows at 10am, redoing thatch roofs).

We were also given the 50% off breakfast option. You have to agree the day you check in. We did not take the breakfast option, as we found the room service breakfast to be sufficient. We've been getting the american breakfast, which winds up costing 39,000xpf plus a 10000xpf delivery fee(they love their add ons here). We order one serving, which we can't even finish together. It does come out to being a little more expensive, but its no strings attached. Aloe Cafe has a gently large breakfast for about half the cost of eating breakfast at the resort. Everything here is pricey, and I did not find the dinner at the Reef restaurant all that great. We chose to eat out tonight(Makai at the yacht club), which wound up being a lot more appealing to my taste, especially compared to the Reef. It does incur a 9,000xpf per person fee for transfers back to Thalasso from Le Moana after 4:30pm. Some restaurants and stores provide free shuttles so you don't have to pay the 20-30,000xpf cab fare to/from Le Moana(which makes the decision a bit easier).

Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by schwaa
It does incur a 9,000xpf per person fee for transfers back to Thalasso from Le Moana after 4:30pm.
Are these transfers still free during the day?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:39 am

Has anyone brought friends along, as they allow 4 adult pax per bungalow?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Are these transfers still free during the day?
Yes. They just start charging when they know you're using it to go to dinner on the main island
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
9,000xpf? that's 90 u$s for one way boat ride!!! even PPT-IC Thalasso is cheaper (60 u$s o/w).

How was the weather? I keep seeing 60~80% chance of rain at this moment, I will arrive the first week of January.

Thank you.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by leftpinky
So We're going in May and there is no availability for the entire month? Doing calendar search, there doesnt appear to be any for the whole year past january? am I doing something wrong? thanks
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Nope...availability went to zero once their base room reward was an overwater bungalow. Practically impossible unless you book very far out or check very often for people canceling reservations.
So, as attempting to book 350 days out doesn't seem to work (no availability at all past Jan 2015 as left pinky pointed out) how are people managing to book 7 nights in a row on points (as someone mentions a few posts above this one)? Does the hotel load more inventory throughout the year?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:54 am

I apologize in adavance as I'm sure this information is somewhere in the thread, but I haven't found it in about 30 pages of perusal - but does anyone have the email of the person i should contact to request a specific room?

Also, does the minibar in the room get cold enough to use as a de-facto fridge? Planning on bringing as much food as possible with me and will need a fridge/freezer to store it.

Thanks for the help
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by fedechat
9,000xpf? that's 90 u$s for one way boat ride!!! even PPT-IC Thalasso is cheaper (60 u$s o/w).

How was the weather? I keep seeing 60~80% chance of rain at this moment, I will arrive the first week of January.

Thank you.
You will be in the middle of the rainy season... could rain for a short time and still be a nice day overall or you could have a lot of rain... still warm.. hotel provides umbrellas and panchos... it's a crap shoot in my view..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.