Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 12:56 pm

At the hotel right now.
rainy day

great rooms, very private.

Hotel service does suck a bit. Very slooooow and food wildly overpriced.
Old May 6, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CLTF
At the hotel right now.
rainy day

great rooms, very private.

Hotel service does suck a bit. Very slooooow and food wildly overpriced.
wow - hope you have a good time

can you confirm that the shuttle is no longer for free after ?4pm?
Old May 6, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, USAir, Hawaiian, Southworst, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Service is slow all over the place. Called island time. Just sit back and relax.

The shuttle is not free after the 215pm one.

I put the schedule in my trip doc that you can check out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old May 6, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ethiopianbuffman
Service is slow all over the place. Called island time. Just sit back and relax.

The shuttle is not free after the 215pm one.

I put the schedule in my trip doc that you can check out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Wow thank you very much! Really good informations - fantastic!
Old May 6, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Very slooooow and food wildly overpriced.
Not quite. Have you seen prices on the main island? A meal at a proper restaurant won't be any cheaper than food at Thalasso.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, USAir, Hawaiian, Southworst, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
I agree with hdogan. You can eat for cheaper on the main island, but you can also eat for the same price. When you factor in the cost of going back and forth, it is almost a wash.
Old May 7, 2014, 1:51 pm

yup food is pricey in all of French Polynesia, but you know what I love this hotel
the water is beautiful and you cant beat being in an overwater bungalow.
I am sold!
enjoying this place!!!
but yes, shuttle only free at certain times. (morning)
Old May 16, 2014, 12:43 pm

yup food is pricey in all of French Polynesia, but you know what I love this hotel
the water is beautiful and you cant beat being in an overwater bungalow.
I am sold!
enjoying this place!!!
but yes, shuttle only free at certain times. (morning)

If we take the free huttle in the morning departing IC Bora Bora to main island and then return in the afternoon/evening, do we still have to pay for the return trip?

I thought I read somewhere that as long you get on a free one going to main island the return trip is free too.

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by kouichi
If we take the free huttle in the morning departing IC Bora Bora to main island and then return in the afternoon/evening, do we still have to pay for the return trip?

I thought I read somewhere that as long you get on a free one going to main island the return trip is free too.
Nope. How would they know you boarded an earlier shuttle, as no tickets or anything are distributed? Sometimes they don't really check, and let you ride for free, but I wouldn't take that as a rule. YMMV.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:35 pm

Booked our trip today.

Will be starting out with 3 nights at IC Moorea. Booked a regular lanai room, figuring for an Ambassador upgrade to a beach bunaglow.

3 nights at IC Morena. First night I used my credit card points to book a beach room and then my priority points for 2 more nights. I'm not sure how Ambassador status will work. My assumption is that the first night should be an upgrade even though it is "free" to me. Then hopefully the 2nd and 3rd night they won't make us switch rooms back to the beach.

Finish up the trip with 2 nights at IC Thallaso. I was hoping to use my free BOGO, but from what I was told by the online reservation people is that there are no available free nights. So I ended up using priority points for one night and then will just pay the rack rate for the second night. I'm hoping by paying for one night, Ambassador will get us upgraded for both nights.

We'll see.

Question, I just purchased my Ambassador status tonight. Rooms were previously booked. Will I need to do anything with the hotels to update my status or will it all be in line when I show up for check-in?
Old May 23, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by octalon7
Booked our trip today....
Finish up the trip with 2 nights at IC Thallaso. I was hoping to use my free BOGO, but from what I was told by the online reservation people is that there are no available free nights. So I ended up using priority points for one night and then will just pay the rack rate for the second night. I'm hoping by paying for one night, Ambassador will get us upgraded for both nights.
If you booked it today, when are you staying at the IC Thalasso? Because I wasn't able to find any availability until the end of this year.
Is it always like this for this property or are you able to book some reward nights on a short notice within 1-2 months of my departure (preferably during the middle of the year)?
I would like to book something for next year, but making arrangements that far in advance is more difficult.

Last edited by MVF Trekker; May 23, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Old May 24, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
If you booked it today, when are you staying at the IC Thalasso? Because I wasn't able to find any availability until the end of this year.
Is it always like this for this property or are you able to book some reward nights on a short notice within 1-2 months of my departure (preferably during the middle of the year)?
I would like to book something for next year, but making arrangements that far in advance is more difficult.
So at IC Thallaso I was able to book a Saturday night in early July with points. And now that I have ambassador status I was able to check for the BOGO and it's available for Saturday and Sunday night for the same weekend. So I might cancel my points night and just use the BOGO

I did find that using the IHG website versus the direct hotel website I found more availability.
Old May 30, 2014, 8:24 am

Thanks for all of the info everyone. My future wife and I were able to book 5 nights in OWV at the IC Thalasso in early December(rebooked to OWV the first day it was possible). We wanted two more, but didn't have the points. Well, I have the points now, and there is no Thalasso availability. I wound up tentatively booking two nights at IC Le Moana in the beach bungalow(in hopes Thalasso will open up).

Now with all this talk about horrid snorkeling and sea life on the Thalasso side, I am a bit let down. Like a lot of others, we thought that anywhere in Tahiti would have great snorkeling. Also by looking at scuba diving reviews, I am surprised that the biggest hit is shark diving....

I am curious about what everyone knows about snorkeling and sea life in these areas. We would love to be able to jump off our patio, or walk into a lagoon and see exotic sea life. If Thalasso can't provide this, what properties do? We may change our minds on where to stay based on this simple detail!

Not sure if this post needs it's own thread

Last edited by schwaa; May 30, 2014 at 8:26 am Reason: Spelling
Old May 30, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by schwaa
Thanks for all of the info everyone. My future wife and I were able to book 5 nights in OWV at the IC Thalasso in early December(rebooked to OWV the first day it was possible). We wanted two more, but didn't have the points. Well, I have the points now, and there is no Thalasso availability. I wound up tentatively booking two nights at IC Le Moana in the beach bungalow(in hopes Thalasso will open up).

Now with all this talk about horrid snorkeling and sea life on the Thalasso side, I am a bit let down. Like a lot of others, we thought that anywhere in Tahiti would have great snorkeling. Also by looking at scuba diving reviews, I am surprised that the biggest hit is shark diving....

I am curious about what everyone knows about snorkeling and sea life in these areas. We would love to be able to jump off our patio, or walk into a lagoon and see exotic sea life. If Thalasso can't provide this, what properties do? We may change our minds on where to stay based on this simple detail!

Not sure if this post needs it's own thread
There is nothing much different at the Le Moana in terms of snorkeling and sea life... as compared to Thalasso or probably any other property in Bora.. it's all good... As a matter of fact, it seems to me that there are more coral reefs near the hotel on the Le Moana side..

Last edited by Buzzman; May 30, 2014 at 10:20 am Reason: afterthought
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by schwaa
Now with all this talk about horrid snorkeling and sea life on the Thalasso side, I am a bit let down. Like a lot of others, we thought that anywhere in Tahiti would have great snorkeling.
The only decent marine life you will see are rays that come in for feeding every day. However, those are pretty damn awesome too

Otherwise, if you take a kayak and paddle a bit outside of the resort area (a BIG no-no according to poolboys), you'll run into a few reefs and a little fish around it. Not spectacular.

I don't know what you were expecting when it comes to snorkeling - fish live around coral reefs. Coral reefs don't get along well with sand banks. In general, you would pick one or the other. And beaches on Bora Bora are fantastic

I'm sure there could be some great marine life on the outer side of the atoll, but seeing the surge and swell there, you'd have to be completely crazy to go in with snorkeling gear.

I can't comment on other properties, but there's almost nothing to see at Thalasso (a waste of glass table in the living rooms), and just a tiny bit more around Le Moana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.