Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA CO UA
Does that mean you show up at the counter in tahiti to get the lower rate? We need a pass which right now costs about 1400.00 for two.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:17 am

How do you buy the cheaper flights? Even if I go to the French site, it's still the same price?

Thank you for your help.

Edit - Oh I understand now, you have to access the web from within French Polynesia for the lower price.

Originally Posted by holtju2
I have been in Tahiti now for couple of weeks and will go to Bora Bora next week to check out the IC's.

Thalasso has now upgraded my Emerald reservation to Sapphire. This likely due to the RA status.

You can buy the flights directly from Air Tahiti's website for $300. That's what I did.

The SITI price is $300 and SOTO $450 to $500. The site is in French, but unless you are complete idiot it is rather easy to navigate even for non-French speaker.

As a matter of fact, I wanted to be bit more adventurous and take the twice weekly overnight boat from Papeete to Bora Bora that has few stops along the way, but it was sold out for the next three weeks.

The price would have been $20 to $50 one-way depending whether you want a cabin or not.

I doubt it. It is same with the Maldives. It is rather expensive destination to get to and it ain't cheap once you get here and factor in F&B and the local transportation expenses.

Last edited by milty908; Jan 22, 2014 at 1:43 am
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Has anyone who stayed at the Thalasso simply ordered room service in the morning and ordered the continental breakfast for one for aprox. $38USD? We've found this a cheaper alternative than being forced into paying for a full buffet when we can split the nicely portioned cont. bkfst. But, I have not done that at this resort yet, so experiences are appreciated.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Lczar
Does that mean you show up at the counter in tahiti to get the lower rate? We need a pass which right now costs about 1400.00 for two.
I have no idea what your situation is. It might be better for you to purchase the flights in advance. They seem to offer some flight passes, but I don't know if they discriminate those prices whether bought SITI or SOTO.

Originally Posted by milty908
How do you buy the cheaper flights? Even if I go to the French site, it's still the same price?

Thank you for your help.

Edit - Oh I understand now, you have to access the web from within French Polynesia for the lower price.
You just access the Air Tahiti's website that is only in French. Just bought it from there. I would have preferred an English website, but managed to make the booking using the French one as well.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Churnman
Has anyone who stayed at the Thalasso simply ordered room service in the morning and ordered the continental breakfast for one for aprox. $38USD? We've found this a cheaper alternative than being forced into paying for a full buffet when we can split the nicely portioned cont. bkfst. But, I have not done that at this resort yet, so experiences are appreciated.
We did that regularly. My wife went to a full buffet on our first day to scout it (I wasn't hungry because of jetlag), figured out what's good and what's not, and from then on, we just ordered the room service breakfast, asked for a few specific items, and they always brought enough food for two. We are not big eaters, though, so YMMV
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:01 pm

You just access the Air Tahiti's website that is only in French. Just bought it from there. I would have preferred an English website, but managed to make the booking using the French one as well.
Yes, but to confirm, you were in French Polynesia when you did this right?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by hdogan
We did that regularly. My wife went to a full buffet on our first day to scout it (I wasn't hungry because of jetlag), figured out what's good and what's not, and from then on, we just ordered the room service breakfast, asked for a few specific items, and they always brought enough food for two. We are not big eaters, though, so YMMV
Pool is closed for maintenance so the manager offered a restaurant or room service breakfast for the four nights I am here. They upgraded to Diamond Over Water Bungalow (RA) on a points stay and it did show up online before coming here from Le Moana.

Originally Posted by milty908
Yes, but to confirm, you were in French Polynesia when you did this right?
Yes.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:17 am

Pool is closed for maintenance
Finally. We were there last November, and it was literally falling apart as we walked on the bottom. So, now we know what's their least busy part of the year
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:19 am

In researching our upcoming stay at the Thalasso and Hilton, we've found current menu prices to be mostly in line with what we paid at the Hilton Moorea. Then, I read from many posters that they nickel and dime you for everything in Bora Bora and meals are much more. So, are the current menu prices made available by Intercontinental and Hilton not truthful or accurate? If these are the current prices than I don't understand why people say buying half board will save money.

My wife and I don't eat appetizers, don't order beverages, not even water; we use a Steripen and drink tap water or fill up water bottles from the gym, and we rarely order dessert since we are full. We do eat less than most people (I'm 172lbs and wife is 112lbs). We ate almost all our meals at Hilton Moorea and didn't spend anywhere near what some people say it takes per day there (we averaged $75 to $85 per day for food in Moorea and ate at the hotel). So far, it looks like the menus in Bora Bora are just a little more for some things, at least with the resorts we are staying at. If a meal is $50 and the website says that includes the tax then it will be $50 right? Is it just people buying booze, pre-dinner salads, appetizers and desserts that say your meal will be $100 each? I realize dinner buffets are expensive and we learned are never worth it for us. In fact, we're planning on ordering continental breakfast room service so we don't have to pay for the breakfast buffet at the Thalasso and one of their continental breakfast (to your room) is big enough for the 2 of us based on others experience. Our Hilton breakfast will be free each day due to being HH Gold.

Also, what else will they "nickel and dime" us on if kayaks are free, snorkeling of course is free and even getting from the Thalasso to mainland is free in the morning and then kayak from their sister resort to the Coral Gardens is free. We will do a couple excursions and have the prices for those. What other costs are there that I may not be expecting besides transportation?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
My wife and I don't eat appetizers, don't order beverages, not even water; we use a Steripen and drink tap water or fill up water bottles from the gym, and we rarely order dessert since we are full. We do eat less than most people (I'm 172lbs and wife is 112lbs). We ate almost all our meals at Hilton Moorea and didn't spend anywhere near what some people say it takes per day there (we averaged $75 to $85 per day for food in Moorea and ate at the hotel).
We are about the same, and we spent about 200$ a day for the two of us, for one breakfast delivered to the room, all the meals to keep us full through the day, and cocktails at the happy hour and outside of happy hour I don't recall the prices, but I remember that cocktail prices were comparable to bars in London (FWIW), and food wasn't really outrageously expensive.

We went to the Japanese buffet, because we love Japanese food, and really filled ourselves. The price is quite high, but I included it in our average of about $200 a day.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Guys, on the german board "vielfliegertreff" i could read that the IC Thalasso not longer offer the free shuttle to Moana on evening. Last shuttle around 1pm, after that time they charge you $15 per person(since 01/2014)... Can anybody confirm these?

Last edited by Marco159; Jan 30, 2014 at 10:28 am
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Marco159
Guys, on the german board "vielfliegertreff" i could read that the IC Thalasso not longer offer the free shuttle to Moana on evening. Last shuttle around 1pm, after that time they charge you $15 per person(since 01/2014)... Can anybody confirm these?
It's true. It's still free in the morning to leave Thalasso. But, if you want to go eat on the main island for dinner and you leave from the Thalasso in the evening, then you'll have to pay. I checked and even if you go over free before 1PM, if your return to the Thalasso is evening you get charged the fee and I believe it's the round trip fee.

Last edited by Churnman; Mar 13, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA, USAir, Hawaiian, Southworst, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
I booked this with points so I could get the OWB for the first half of the week, and then the 2nd week I have OWB at Hilton BOB. Originally I wanted to go to Moorea, but I don't know if I want to stay in the bottom tier room at the IC Moorea. I am mainly going to chill for the week, but wondering if a week in BOB is too long and if I am missing out on anything in Moorea. Thoughts for people who have been to both or only to BOB?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by ethiopianbuffman
I booked this with points so I could get the OWB for the first half of the week, and then the 2nd week I have OWB at Hilton BOB. Originally I wanted to go to Moorea, but I don't know if I want to stay in the bottom tier room at the IC Moorea. I am mainly going to chill for the week, but wondering if a week in BOB is too long and if I am missing out on anything in Moorea. Thoughts for people who have been to both or only to BOB?
I have done both... they are quite different islands.. but I don't think you be bored in BOB for a week... to me a week is not enough and there is plenty to do and see... a lot of adventures in a lot of places... I prefer the Le Moana because of it being on the island rather than the rather remote Motu.. You have lots of options for dining and can go into Viatape and shop or buy food for the room.. Seems like the Hilton was quite remote though...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:25 am
formerly lcag08

I've been to both the Hilton and IC Thalasso (separate trips). IMHO the food at the IC is better, although the 'fine dining' option at the Hilton is quite good too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.