Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Atlantico
So basicly 85% of the next 12months have been booked at least one night already as an award? Impressive
It's entirely possible. It's Bora Bora after all, quite a popular destination with the honeymoon and lux travel crowd.

Are you looking for individual dates, or a specific range? Looking at smaller chunks of time can help. FWIW, I booked 5 nights here between Thanksgiving and christmas just a month or so ago.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
One more week till I go! I hope my Ambassador status is worth it.. I just got an email saying they don't guarantee upgrade on points, but hoping to get lucky. I'm glad I booked my rooms a while ago, availability seems to be dried up now.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
I tried to swap out a free award night that was reserved with points for my Chase award night. Can't be done. No one at national knew how to swap them out without cancelling the point award and then trying to book the Chase night. I stopped them because first of all there presently is no Chase night award availability here during that time and if the free night on points is cancelled chances are their inventory will not reflect a free night available.

This was just one night among 5 I have there so I'll leave it alone. Would have liked those points back in account since I now have a Chase free night in account, but oh well.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:30 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Is it easy to transfer to the Hilton Bora Bora? Thinking of spending a few nights there in conjunction with a stay at IC Thalasso Bora Bora@:-)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by kpc
Is it easy to transfer to the Hilton Bora Bora? Thinking of spending a few nights there in conjunction with a stay at IC Thalasso Bora Bora@:-)
Not easy, but doable.

First, you need to go to Vaitape; then take a taxi (a car) to IC Le Moana; last, ride on the free shuttle to IC Thalasso. In total you are looking at 2-hour transit time if everything connects well.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by lewende
Not easy, but doable.

First, you need to go to Vaitape; then take a taxi (a car) to IC Le Moana; last, ride on the free shuttle to IC Thalasso. In total you are looking at 2-hour transit time if everything connects well.
During our time in Bora Bora in November 2013... we stayed a couple days at the Hilton Bora Bora and then finished our time with a couple days at the IC Thalasso. Transferring is just like lewende said. But if you're able to line up all the boat transfer times, then it's only about a 1-hour transit.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Not easy, but doable.

Think you have it backwards... OP wants to go from Thalasso to Hilton. I would call the Hilton and see if they will pick you up at the Thalasso dock and if Thalasso will let them stop. Otherwise, you have to do reverse of above. Take free shuttle to Le Moana, then Viatape and have Hilton pick you up there.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Think you have it backwards... OP wants to go from Thalasso to Hilton. I would call the Hilton and see if they will pick you up at the Thalasso dock and if Thalasso will let them stop. Otherwise, you have to do reverse of above. Take free shuttle to Le Moana, then Viatape and have Hilton pick you up there.
My apologies - you are right; I had it backwards.

Just so let you know, finishing up your stay at Hilton BBN after Thalasso will be a huge step down. Hilton BBN, if you only stay there at Bora Bora, may be a magic hotel, but will be quite underwhelming after you spend sometime at Thalasso, St. Regis or Four Seasons.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:14 pm

Long, but very informative thread! I started about halfway thru, back in 2012.

Question, is there a way to check if the BOGO award for joining the Ambassador program is available for the timeframe you want...before buying in to the club?

I'd hate to join to find out the weekend I'm looking at using it, isn't available.

Thanks!

I'm swarmed with options on how to make a trip to FP and utilize points, BOGO, and paying...and stay within budget. Seems like the cheapest option for when we want is to hop around a lot (between Tahiti, Moorea, and then the two properties on Bora Bora)., but that might be a hassle to stay in 4 hotels on a 8 night trip.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by octalon7
Question, is there a way to check if the BOGO award for joining the Ambassador program is available for the timeframe you want...before buying in to the club?
Yes!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:17 pm

Yes!
I guess I wasn't detailed enough with my question. How do I do that? The website asks for membership to check.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:53 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by octalon7
I'm swarmed with options on how to make a trip to FP and utilize points, BOGO, and paying...and stay within budget. Seems like the cheapest option for when we want is to hop around a lot (between Tahiti, Moorea, and then the two properties on Bora Bora)., but that might be a hassle to stay in 4 hotels on a 8 night trip.
If I had 8 nights I would do

1 night in Tahiti at Faire Suzie (Spelling?) they pick up and drop off at the airport and are also near the marina for food truck dinners. It’s a small pension but perfect and cheap for one night plus near the grocery store to stock up on snacks.

3 nights in Moorea (2 free weekend nights using the Citi Hilton card and then pay for one night (around $450.) I would not worry about paying for an upgrade to an Over water hut here since you will get one in Bora Bora. Also by having the Citi Hilton card you will be a Gold member which gets you free breakfast!

4 nights/5days Bora Bora IC Thassolo. Chase IHG card gives you 80,000 points which can get you 2 nights in an over water hut using 80,000 + $140 (cash and points). You also get a free night once you have had the card a year so you could use that too (but you have to wait to get the night and the award nights could get booked up). Also there is a BOA virgin Atlantic card bonus worth 50,000 points that can be transferred to IHG program 1 to 1 which can give you another award night.

Last 3 options for getting nights at the Thassolo are the

Ambassador BOGO for 2 nights (has to be used on a weekend).
or
Buy 2 nights or 100,000 points using the Cash and points trick (roughly $800 for 100,000 points).

Hope that helps. I am staying 4 nights at the Thassolo all on award nights (IHG card, free annual night, and virgin Atlantic card). Lastly if you have a late night flight back home make sure you take the later flight back from Bora Bora (5-6pm) to Tahiti for your trip home. That way you get another full day to stay at the resort even after checking out.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:02 pm

does it really always rain in bora bora?

off to bora bora tomorrow for a week
slightly worried as weather channel says thunderstorms all week...
spent a ton on this and dont want to be trapped in a storm... any tips?
Old May 1, 2014, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by tcarter1

If I had 8 nights I would do

1 night in Tahiti at Faire Suzie (Spelling?) they pick up and drop off at the airport and are also near the marina for food truck dinners. It’s a small pension but perfect and cheap for one night plus near the grocery store to stock up on snacks.

3 nights in Moorea (2 free weekend nights using the Citi Hilton card and then pay for one night (around $450.) I would not worry about paying for an upgrade to an Over water hut here since you will get one in Bora Bora. Also by having the Citi Hilton card you will be a Gold member which gets you free breakfast!

4 nights/5days Bora Bora IC Thassolo. Chase IHG card gives you 80,000 points which can get you 2 nights in an over water hut using 80,000 + $140 (cash and points). You also get a free night once you have had the card a year so you could use that too (but you have to wait to get the night and the award nights could get booked up). Also there is a BOA virgin Atlantic card bonus worth 50,000 points that can be transferred to IHG program 1 to 1 which can give you another award night.

Last 3 options for getting nights at the Thassolo are the

Ambassador BOGO for 2 nights (has to be used on a weekend).
or
Buy 2 nights or 100,000 points using the Cash and points trick (roughly $800 for 100,000 points).

Hope that helps. I am staying 4 nights at the Thassolo all on award nights (IHG card, free annual night, and virgin Atlantic card). Lastly if you have a late night flight back home make sure you take the later flight back from Bora Bora (5-6pm) to Tahiti for your trip home. That way you get another full day to stay at the resort even after checking out.
Thanks! I'm leaning toward an itinerary like that. Def wouldn't splurge until Bora Bora.

I didn't know you could still buy points? Or maybe I'm not following. I only found 2 nights available for 50,000 points at Thalasso in my timeframe. Last night it said only one room left for points, so I reserved just in case.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
To anyone who thinks that everyone who goes from the Thalasso, St. Regis, Four Seasons to the Hilton for the second part of their stay will have a let down, I do not agree to such a broad statement. Some will feel that way and others won't. Hilton has much better snorkeling right at their waters compared to the 3 ultra lux properties. I've know some who were so disappointed with St. Regis, for example, because it didn't have the Polynesian experience or decent snorkeling that they thought they'd experience, that they actually cancelled the rest of their stay and moved to the Hilton and loved it.

So, there are things about each hotel that will appeal to different people and experiences vary greatly. The room isn't as new or luxurious as the big 3, but not everyone looks at that the same. Some hate the contemporary style and love a more classic Polynesian decor while others are constantly in the water off their bungalow and enjoy coral and sealife and are disappointed with the others on the east side motus.

Best to take the advantages of each and enjoy them so that if your stay is split between 2 resorts you don't expect them to match each other but offer something different. It really depends on personalities and expectations. For me, I know that the Thalasso has the newer and larger room (except for the Hilton's 2 story overwater villas which are the largest in Bora Bora) compared to the Hilton, but the Hilton has better snorkeling everyday plus beautiful flower-filled landscaping everywhere since they aren't just built on sand, but are on a larger island than the thinner motus.

Last edited by Churnman; May 2, 2014 at 6:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.