Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Did not get XPF prior to travel.. since this is the IC Thalasso thread, I am assuming you are going straight there from wherever you are coming frmo; you would book transportation (boat transfer) through the hotel (billed to room). Once arrived at hotel, was able to exchange USD for XPF at Front Desk. But also appears that most places take credit card (Supermarket, strip of stores in Vaitape). Also, the souvenir store at IC Thalasso allows you to bill charges to room ^
Thalasso is my main stop, but I am not planning to use them for transportation since I am at Moana first. I was more curious about cash for taxi if exploring, shops, eating out, etc. Even if a shop takes CC, I wonder how bad the exchange is vs. what I can get from a bank before I leave.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bmrisko
I know a lot of people ask which Emerald OWB is the best...my vote is for 201. Yes, it is close to shore, but the water is still between knee and waist deep and it is one of the only Emerald rooms with unobstructed ocean views from the bed. There are do many places to see Mt. Otemanu from the property (and the deck of 201) that we strongly prefer to unspoiled ocean views. This was our view waking up this morning. You also get amazing breezes coming in off the bay. My apologies for the tablet cam.

http://i.imgur.com/X0PTWgB.jpg
Isn't 206 an emerald too? Same layout as 201 facing straight out into the ocean but in deeper waters (5ft+)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by hawky777
Hi there! Quick question- how was the exchange rate at the hotel??
I do not remember it being that bad.. i want to say 3% (def not more than 5%) premium/fee on top of the current exchange rate
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
Thalasso is my main stop, but I am not planning to use them for transportation since I am at Moana first. I was more curious about cash for taxi if exploring, shops, eating out, etc. Even if a shop takes CC, I wonder how bad the exchange is vs. what I can get from a bank before I leave.
In regards to the cc "how bad the exchange rate is"... I think for CC it will depend on your cc company's (visa/mc) rate which is pretty much tied to the actual exchange rate for that day or the rate of the day the transaction posts.

On another note, the shops there all pretty much lists prices as XPF and USD. With that said, the USD price is terrible and much more expensive when converted back to XPF; so you are always better off paying with XPF. But, when using credit card, I recall the shops will charge you their XPF price, which then your cc company will convert to USD based on the rate of when they convert. [*NOTE* Use a no foreign transaction fee credit card.]
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Isn't 206 an emerald too? Same layout as 201 facing straight out into the ocean but in deeper waters (5ft+)
206 is the one I originally requested, but I was told that OWB is now classified as a Sapphire meaning 200 and 201 are the only Emerald rooms looking into open water, but 200 is closer to shore. The only downside is the water over here seems a bit colder and choppier compared to the water between the two main walkways. I'd still take the view though...

Here is the view from the top deck of 201 looking directly to the right.

http://i.imgur.com/YhmUQZq.jpg

Last edited by bmrisko; Oct 2, 2015 at 11:52 am
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:00 am
Suspended

I could request 201 but since I'm an Ambassador, they will probably bump me from Emerald to Sapphire so I'll end up with a different room anyway right?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:53 pm

Lightbulb WiFi for 2 devices

Originally Posted by AwardBee
Also they're very stingy with internet. You get free WiFi for 2 devices. You can't switch devices once logged in for the rest of the day. So you have to wait 24 hours for WiFi to reset. Don't make the mistake we did of logging in with our phones and then wanting to switch to our laptops. That would cost you 2000XPF for the 4-device package
Thanks for the warning on this. I'm going in November and will be prepared. I have Netgear PR2000 travel router ($31). This little gem allows you to share one WiFi connection amongst numerous devices. I'm testing it now at a different Hilton. It works great. The technology is called "WISP mode". "In WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) mode, the device becomes a client to a wireless Internet service (such as a Wi-Fi hotspot) and shares that connection with its wireless clients." Here is an article on the topic.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Re.: "That would cost you 2000XPF for the 4-device package "

I believe the Premium option is for up to 2 devices.

Profile 24_heures
Package 24 hours Premium - No limit - VPN - up to 2 devices (2000.00 CFP)
Services Mail, Web, Instant_Messaging, VPN, Watch_Mail, File_Transfer, Remote_Access, SSH, Telnet, Web_Proxy, Full_Access
Incoming Zone IRO_ROOM
Schedule
Every day
Validity
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:19 pm

Is there wired internet access?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:12 am

Is there wired internet access?
I do believe there was an ethernet jack on the desk. you will have to bring your own ethernet cable.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:44 pm

Just got back

Got back Saturday night and the property is BEAUTIFUL. The service is impeccable, grounds are gorgeous, restaurants are great, and we had OWB 201. Views were AMAZING from the OWB. I honestly think this is the best one there is (even compared to the Diamon/Otemanu view ones). Water height is about waist to stomach deep off of 201 (I'm 5'8"). We were supposed to go to the main island for stuff, but opted to just sit and stare at the lagoon for the entire first day. It really is that beautiful.

The free internet is perfectly adequate. We were streaming stuff from youtube app (website will not work). They also blocked facetime and other video calling apps for us and imessage did not work either. It was really bizarre. Also, if internet access is what you're worrying about when here, you're doing this trip wrong.

Overall, I would try for the south facing bungalows on the southern claw (201 if you can get it). Second best is south facing bungalows on the northern claw. Overall though, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about getting the perfect bungalow. The entire properly is so beautiful that any OWB will make your jaw drop (even the ones facing the dock). I do think that the lagoon colors are prettier near southern facing OWBs on the northern claw. Don't worry yourself that much about which OWB you get. It has a truly minor effect on your overall stay (unless you are super anal about stuff and want everything to be exactly as you planned).

Get the breakfast buffet deal when you check in. Its well worth it and the food is very good quality. We did lunch and dinner a la carte. Didn't think the dinner buffets with shows were worth it.

If you are stopping for a day in Tahiti, go the the IC Tahiti for the show and the dinner buffet, much better in my opinion and more food options as well.

You can also take the shuttle over to Moana and go eat at local restaurants to save some money. Fare Manuia right outside of Moana has good food for about 15% cheaper prices.

Activities:
-booked a snorkelling and laggon tour with Reef Discovery. Booked it online, beforehand.
-booked a 4x4 with Vavu (for the 4x4's, keep in mind that each company owns private land/viewpoints so you will not be able to see all the view points- just the ones the company owns).
-rented a scooter, drove around the island, and just climbed to all the viewpoints that Vavau couldn't go to. People are really really nice and will usually let you through if you ask them without hassle.
-Did a motu lunch with Vavau as well on their private island- I HIGHLY recommend going there as the panoramic views from their hill top are gorgeous.

TIP: Make damn sure that the day you book activities is not cloudy. It will have a HUGE impact on the view...the sky was overcast when we did the 4x4 and the lagoon was a depressingly grey hue. Re-book to a day when you have sun/clear skies if you have the option.

Lastly, we split our stay between Thalasso and Le Moana. If you do this, do Moana first. It is a colossal let down to go from Thalasso to Moana. Moana is perfectly fine in it's own right as a resort but if you stay at the Thalasso first, you'll feel like you've gone from a Michelin starred restaurant to Olive Garden.

Last edited by sunshine213; Oct 5, 2015 at 2:11 pm
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Got back Saturday night and the property is BEAUTIFUL. The service is impeccable, grounds are gorgeous, restaurants are great, and we had OWB 201. Views were AMAZING from the OWB. I honestly think this is the best one there is (even compared to the Diamon/Otemanu view ones). Water height is about waist to stomach deep off of 201 (I'm 5'8"). We were supposed to go to the main island for stuff, but opted to just sit and stare at the lagoon for the entire first day. It really is that beautiful.
Hey, we got back Saturday as well and were in 201...you must have gone to Thalasso first and then Le Moana. I agree Le Moana was pretty crappy compared to Thalasso. You can read in the other thread where they tried charging me $60/bag to transfer just the bag on the boat and we were stuck in a handicap room for 1 night with a little hand wand shower...not very enjoyable.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:37 pm

For those that just returned, did you go to moorea as well? Debating just ditching moorea altogether since it will be AFTER Thalasso, and likely will be a letdown since we are in a Lanai room in the main building.

For the breakfast option, is there much for vegetarians?

How about water, did you get free water daily and what is your status?

You mentioned imessage didn't work...does anyone know a work around? Was counting on that to keep in touch with the people looking after our house and dogs.

Someone mentioned 206 is now sapphire...what about 205? I'm sure I read somewhere that that is one of the more preferred OWBs in the emerald category.

And....finally, you mentioned the water at the bungalow is waist to chest deep. I guess this is not the case for most of them? What's the bottom like, is it sandy so you could walk without hurting yourself?

Last edited by tylerc; Oct 5, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:37 pm

Hah! They put us in the same handicap room: 51. We requested a room further down and were able to be moved to 54 which was slightly better.

We had no issues with bags, but I think it's because we were coming from Thalasso to Monana vs the other way around.

I was complaining about everything at Moana as well until my wife reminded me that we were staying at a 4 star resort for free in the middle of the South Pacific.

Originally Posted by bmrisko
Hey, we got back Saturday as well and were in 201...you must have gone to Thalasso first and then Le Moana. I agree Le Moana was pretty crappy compared to Thalasso. You can read in the other thread where they tried charging me $60/bag to transfer just the bag on the boat and we were stuck in a handicap room for 1 night with a little hand wand shower...not very enjoyable.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:51 pm

Do Moorea as its more about the mountains than the lagoon.

We are vegetarians and there were more than enough options for bfast lunch and dinner. Try the veggie burger. It's really good. We usually just ordered one entree and fries and it was enough to fill us up.

Dinner is a little difficult because you don't have all the same choices as lunch. It's really weird but dinner is a formal affair with smaller portions and higher price.

We got 1L of bottle at check in and 2 small Evian bottles everyday. The bar at the pool will give you water if you ask. We just went to the market and bought a big bottle and put it in the fridge. We also ended up buying a bottle at lunchtime for $5 because we were too lazy to do anything otherwise.

We are regular platinum.

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to pick the best bungalow. They are all fantastic. The bottom is made from coral sand and is rough. Make SURE you have water shoes or it will be very uncomfortable and dangerous because they have stone fishes and sea urchins there.

Lastly, email the resort and they'll send you a map of how deep the water is at which bungalows.

I'll say this once again for everyone, try but don't go nuts trying to pick the best owb. It's not worth the hassle and it eats into your vacation if you are sitting there and getting annoyed at not getting the best owb rather than enjoying the breathtakingly gorgeous views in front of you.

Remember why you travel.

For those that just returned, did you go to moorea as well? Debating just ditching moorea altogether since it will be AFTER Thalasso, and likely will be a letdown since we are in a Lanai room in the main building.

For the breakfast option, is there much for vegetarians?

How about water, did you get free water daily and what is your status?

You mentioned imessage didn't work...does anyone know a work around? Was counting on that to keep in touch with the people looking after our house and dogs.

Someone mentioned 206 is now sapphire...what about 205? I'm sure I read somewhere that that is one of the more preferred OWBs in the emerald category.

And....finally, you mentioned the water at the bungalow is waist to chest deep. I guess this is not the case for most of them? What's the bottom like, is it sandy so you could walk without hurting yourself?

Last edited by sunshine213; Oct 5, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.