Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
This is also what we received as far as water. Once we had a couple bottles we kept filling those and then also had 2 new small bottles each day. We never needed to buy bottles of water since the tap water is fine. We never needed our Steripen here, but we did over at the Hilton BB.

As Ambassador, we also received a fruit bowl upon arrival and a nice canvas tote bag which my wife still uses on other vacations. I understand that sometimes these bags are available, but not sure if they give them out all the time to Ambassador guests.
I stayed in late June as Plat AMB. When I checked in, I was told that the 1L bottle was a one-time thing, while the 2x 250mL would be refilled daily. What actually happened was I got new 1L and 2x 250mL water bottles daily. I also got the canvas bag and fruit-- both of which were awesome.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:35 pm

I just boil tap water in the tea kettle, let it cool, and then refill the water bottles. It works for me.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:55 pm

If you ever do make it to Moana, walk up the road (3 minute walk) and turn right. There's a small market there that sells stuff for reasonable prices. I bought a large bottle of water there for just a couple bucks.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:50 am
Suspended

For those who stayed at IC, did you ever see any wild dogs nearby?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:04 pm

Looking for Valentine's Day-Feb 14, 2016. Please let me know if you are going to release it so I may add it on to my 3 nights booked there! Thank you in advance!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
For those who stayed at IC, did you ever see any wild dogs nearby?
At the IC Le Moana, dogs EVERYWHERE on the island as soon as you step foot outside the resort. They're pretty nice and laidback though.

At the Thallasso, they're no where to be found. I wanted to explore the motu and walk over to Le Meridien, but tripadvisors told said are crazy dogs on the way there.

It's currently peak season so I didn't want pay money for Amb membership if the resort have no available room to upgrade anyway. I took a chance with Plat and any free OBW I get. They gave me the most expensive Diamond horizon end of pontoon mountain view OWB, plus fruit basket and champagne. No tote bag though. I guess if they have open the room they will give you regardless.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by qdmd
It's currently peak season so I didn't want pay money for Amb membership if the resort have no available room to upgrade anyway. I took a chance with Plat and any free OBW I get. They gave me the most expensive Diamond horizon end of pontoon mountain view OWB, plus fruit basket and champagne. No tote bag though. I guess if they have open the room they will give you regardless.
Any tricks to getting upgraded as Plat ot Le Moana or did you just ask at check-in?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
Any tricks to getting upgraded as Plat ot Le Moana or did you just ask at check-in?
I didn't ask and didn't care what they give me. I checked in at 2pm and jumped on the the golfcart. They hauled me to the very last OWB and my luggage already automatically transferred to the room since morning. Just really lucky I guess.

Le Moana I did paid $144 per day to guarantee upgrade. They gave me OWB #8 which was farthest out in the category and had great mountain view. Just lucky I guess.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
As far as dogs at Thalasso, you might run into them if walking the back trail between Thalasso and the other resort and those dogs belong to the property owner between the resorts. They have bitten people and one had to go to the hospital in Tahiti from what I was told.

Breakfast: I understand it's supposed to be "half price" if you ask at checkin and purchase for all mornings of your stay. Is it really half price or was that an estimate someone gave? I've seen it discounted at many IHG hotels, but they were mostly about 40% to 50% off.

If it is 50% off then it should be 4053xpf for 2 people per day, which is a good deal for breakfast buffet in our opinion. We like breakfast buffets and it ends up our largest meal of the day. We haven't had the breakfast buffet at this resort because at the time in 2014 we didn't know we could ask for this deal. We ended up getting 1 large breakfast via room service and shared that on our deck, which was plenty of food for us. It was about $45 USD, but that was when the exchange rate was bad compared to now. The USD has strengthen by 25% to 27% since we went. We paid all hotel meals with Arrival or Cap 1 points.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tylerc
If I end up staying at Thalasso and not Moana at all, what's the shuttle situation if you just want to go to the main island to get water and alcohol and snacks? Also, people have mentioned bottled water in the rooms - can anyone comment on how much water is provided if you have no status? I'm currently platinum but may only be gold when we arrive. What about if no status at all?

And finally, does anyone have updated menus they could post?
Do not think water is provided if no AMB status as it is only an AMB benefit.
I know some people here think Le Moana is a great stay and it probably is but if you are planning to use points to book an award stay between the two, hands down Thalasso > Le Moana just by the fact that you get an OWB for free (do not need cash to upgrade) and the room is a lot nicer for the same 50K points. You can always visit Le Moana anyways and take a later-paid-shuttle boat back if you wanted to spend more time on that side of the island; it is still a lot cheaper than paying for an upgrade to an OWB at Le Moana.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Churnman
As far as dogs at Thalasso, you might run into them if walking the back trail between Thalasso and the other resort and those dogs belong to the property owner between the resorts. They have bitten people and one had to go to the hospital in Tahiti from what I was told.

Breakfast: I understand it's supposed to be "half price" if you ask at checkin and purchase for all mornings of your stay. Is it really half price or was that an estimate someone gave? I've seen it discounted at many IHG hotels, but they were mostly about 40% to 50% off.

If it is 50% off then it should be 4053xpf for 2 people per day, which is a good deal for breakfast buffet in our opinion. We like breakfast buffets and it ends up our largest meal of the day. We haven't had the breakfast buffet at this resort because at the time in 2014 we didn't know we could ask for this deal. We ended up getting 1 large breakfast via room service and shared that on our deck, which was plenty of food for us. It was about $45 USD, but that was when the exchange rate was bad compared to now. The USD has strengthen by 25% to 27% since we went. We paid all hotel meals with Arrival or Cap 1 points.
Yes the breakfast is REALLY 50% off. You will have to pay upfront for the amount of nights you are there. I went this past June. They did not offer it to me at check-in, but I asked them about breakfast plans and then they told me about the 50% off plan they currently have going on. The breakfast selection is actually really good and abundant. Their french toasts.....OMG SO GOOD....may possibly be the best I have ever had.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Yes the breakfast is REALLY 50% off. You will have to pay upfront for the amount of nights you are there. I went this past June. They did not offer it to me at check-in, but I asked them about breakfast plans and then they told me about the 50% off plan they currently have going on. The breakfast selection is actually really good and abundant. Their french toasts.....OMG SO GOOD....may possibly be the best I have ever had.
Thanks! I love that french toast too. My wife said the same thing, it was the best we've ever had anywhere.

I also want to recommend the spa. We ended up spending 2 days at the spa with massages each day. But, please don't talk so loud (anyone that's going) when you're in the spa areas including near the special therapy pools and private outdoor hot tubs. A group was chatting up like it was a party until I said something to the spa manager and they quickly put a stop to it. They don't allow loud conversations on the spa grounds. It's supposed to be tranquil. Love their spa areas. You can't get into this area without a spa treatment or paying a day fee.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:09 pm

Will be releasing 09/19 and 09/21 if no one needs them in 2 weeks, please contact me if anyone needs these dates.
Also I am actively seeking 12/02, if by chance anyone have them avaiable, I would greatly appreciate it, thank you.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:17 am
Suspended

For those who had the breakfast buffet, did that satisfy until the early evenings? Wonder if opting for the buffet would be enough to bypass lunch.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
For those who had the breakfast buffet, did that satisfy until the early evenings? Wonder if opting for the buffet would be enough to bypass lunch.
I'll let you know in October! I'm praying they're still offering the 50% off at that time.

Someone posted earlier that you can visit the breakfast buffet multiple times in a day up until closing time, as well as ask for take out containers to take snacks back to your room.

As a side note: I am curious about the steripen - seems like they're quite popular. Do they really work, and are there situations where they shouldn't be used (would not be effective)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.