Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:52 am

Is the room released midnight BB time ? or EST?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by AwardBee
It works on a pay once, eat as many times as you'd like basis until they close at 10:30. They will also provide one take-away box per person on request so the party can continue on after breakfast is over
Wow - that is amazing! Does Moana offer the same option??
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by AwardBee
I've updated the Wiki with some info on boat and bus shuttle times as well as the cash advance option for withdrawing cash at the IC Le Moana and Thalasso.
^^
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by tylerc
Wow - that is amazing! Does Moana offer the same option??
Don't know, sorry. We weren't offered breakfast at check-in at the Le Moana (stayed 1 night to position for the Thalasso) and forgot to ask as we were doing an early morning transfer to Thalasso and weren't interested in a sit-down buffet. There are 2 small supermarkets within a 10 minute walk from Le Moana so we were able to cater our own breakfast inexpensively.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:28 am
Suspended

Do people on award nights get offered the breakfast option? Because I noticed on the IHG website, when booking reward nights, there is no option to add breakfast. But when booking the full fare option, the option is there.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 4:53 pm

The 2053 XPF/day breakfast is offered to everyone who doesn't have a meal plan at check-in.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:57 pm

I checked in to Thalasso about an hour ago, after spending 2 nights at Le Moana.

A few thoughts. Thalasso is much more modern than Le Moana. I read that before I visited the two properties, but the difference is more striking than I had imagined. Someone also said Thalasso is lacking character, it is just a luxury resort room that happens to be over water. I would say that is accurate. When you're inside the room, you wouldn't know your man in Island resort is not for the views. Le Moana, on the other hand, is literally built of bamboo and wood and leaves. Furthermore, Thalasso is huge and much less intimate feeling than Moana and of course, the lack of fish. Both properties have strong and weak points. I'm not sure which I like more, but my wife definitely likes Thalasso more.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Im here 7 nts on award (currently on 6th nt) and it has been amazing. Weather has been really good. when i checked in, i wasnt proactively offered the 50% bkfst meal plan. I had to ask them about it and then they offered it to me so ymmv depending on whoever is checking you in maybe? So yeah, dont hesitate to ask them if they dont offer it!
Weather has been sunny everyday except one day for us so far. That one rainy day was actually the same day we had schedule to visit vaitape to stock up on some groceries from chin lee's supermarket! Basically to get to vaitape from thalasso, you would have to take their boat shuttle to le moana and from le moana take their bus shuttle to vaitape (1150xpf per person i believe for bus). And they only give you one hr to roam around vaitape if you plan on catching the free boat shuttle back to thalasso as they only go into vaitape twice a day (leaves vaitape back to le moana at 11am and 5pm). Since we were at le moana we decided to check out the resort.

This is just my opinion but Thalasso is hands down much nicer than Le Moana. I did not stay at le moana but my impression of it when we were there was that it is older and didnt have better views than thalasso and their rooms look smaller. Snorkeling sucks at thalasso but we booked raanui tours and their tour was amazing.... Rode a huge shark!!! Anyways, since i used points and 2 chase free nts to book my 7nts, thalasso is a no brainer. You get an owb at thalasso vs a beach bungalow at le moana and you are using the same amt of pts. Perhaps, if pts book into an owb at le moana or cost less pts, then maybe. But if i was paying cash, not sure if thalasso is worth the ~$1300/nt usd after taxes and fees and would probably stay at le moana half the time to save on costs. And if one was to pay cash, might as well become an ambassador and use the wknd cert! Also, i do think one should become an ambassador before coming here to increase your odds at a better emerald owb. Seems like they tend to sell out during peak season so getting a complimentary upg to next level is unlikely. Oh and free bottled water daily is good since everything costs so much! They give me a big bottle of water (local brand?) and two small bottles of evian.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Im here 7 nts on award (currently on 6th nt) and it has been amazing. Weather has been really good. when i checked in, i wasnt proactively offered the 50% bkfst meal plan. I had to ask them about it and then they offered it to me so ymmv depending on whoever is checking you in maybe? So yeah, dont hesitate to ask them if they dont offer it!
Weather has been sunny everyday except one day for us so far. That one rainy day was actually the same day we had schedule to visit vaitape to stock up on some groceries from chin lee's supermarket! Basically to get to vaitape from thalasso, you would have to take their boat shuttle to le moana and from le moana take their bus shuttle to vaitape (1150xpf per person i believe for bus). And they only give you one hr to roam around vaitape if you plan on catching the free boat shuttle back to thalasso as they only go into vaitape twice a day (leaves vaitape back to le moana at 11am and 5pm). Since we were at le moana we decided to check out the resort.

This is just my opinion but Thalasso is hands down much nicer than Le Moana. I did not stay at le moana but my impression of it when we were there was that it is older and didnt have better views than thalasso and their rooms look smaller. Snorkeling sucks at thalasso but we booked raanui tours and their tour was amazing.... Rode a huge shark!!! Anyways, since i used points and 2 chase free nts to book my 7nts, thalasso is a no brainer. You get an owb at thalasso vs a beach bungalow at le moana and you are using the same amt of pts. Perhaps, if pts book into an owb at le moana or cost less pts, then maybe. But if i was paying cash, not sure if thalasso is worth the ~$1300/nt usd after taxes and fees and would probably stay at le moana half the time to save on costs. And if one was to pay cash, might as well become an ambassador and use the wknd cert! Also, i do think one should become an ambassador before coming here to increase your odds at a better emerald owb. Seems like they tend to sell out during peak season so getting a complimentary upg to next level is unlikely. Oh and free bottled water daily is good since everything costs so much! They give me a big bottle of water (local brand?) and two small bottles of evian.
The thing is, if you don't stay at Le Moana for very long then you don't appreciate its finer points. The beach is amazing - fine, powdery sand that feels great to walk, sit and lounge on. There's no beach at Thalasso to speak of, it's more of a rocky ramp. Thalasso has overpowering luxury, but you pretty much need to get away from it to do anything, like snorkeling or getting a reasonably priced meal. But it's a beautiful setting just to chill and relax or go for a paddle. I wouldn't miss the Thalasso if I was going to BB because the view of the mountain is unparalleled... but I would definitely spend a couple days at Le Moana enjoying the beach and the fish (because it has infinitely more than Thalasso and you can see them from your coffee table), especially if I could be guaranteed an OWB.

We actually got upgraded to a Sapphire bungalow last week for a 5 night stay because we booked separate reservations under each of our names for different nights. So they thought we were only staying 1 night when we checked in and gave us a Sapphire upgrade. Then after getting to our room they discovered we were doing 5 consecutive nights, and then told us we'd have to move for our 2nd night. We pleaded that we really didn't want to move rooms, and they said they had to check w/ their management if that was OK. Well, it was OK and for 5 consecutive nights we stayed in a Sapphire OWB, despite neither of us being Ambassador. Upgrades are easy when the hotel thinks you're only staying 1 night As they say, possession is 9/10 of the law
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:57 am
Suspended

Does Thalasso offer the option to rent a jetski/waverunner to cruise around the island?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Does Thalasso offer the option to rent a jetski/waverunner to cruise around the island?
Yup. easy to do.... fun too.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:52 pm

Received ambassador 4pm late checkout which I was not expecting (since I am on award stay) but very grateful for it as this is extremely useful since our boat xfer to bob airport is at 530pm. Also, during our arrival we were able to check into our owb as soon as we completed all of the paperwork which was around 9-10am. ^
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Received ambassador 4pm late checkout which I was not expecting (since I am on award stay) but very grateful for it as this is extremely useful since our boat xfer to bob airport is at 530pm. Also, during our arrival we were able to check into our owb as soon as we completed all of the paperwork which was around 9-10am. ^

This is pretty much standard operating procedure for almost all check outs regardless of status for both Thalasso and Le Moana
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Buzzman
This is pretty much standard operating procedure for almost all check outs regardless of status for both Thalasso and Le Moana
lol
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Im just glad i was part of this "almost all" group because we actually saw a couple checking out at 11am. Maybe they were visiting another part of tahiti/bora bora... But we were like... Thats sucks and hoping that wouldnt happen to us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.