Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:34 pm

I was also given 4 pm check out because of Amb status (or so they said). I think it's more common that I initially thought, as there are only limited number of flights coming into PPT, and therefore BOB. For example, I flew out of BOB at 540 pm, on a a plane that landed at around 5 pm. I suspect those folks are the ones that will take the rooms that were checked out late.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
We were given 2pm checkout with only Plat status. It worked perfectly because we took the 2:15pm boat shuttle to Le Moana (free, even if you're checking out and taking bags), enjoyed the rest of the afternoon there (luggage stored for free, and free use of all facilities) and then a taxi (Le Moana will arrange for you) to Vaitape to catch the Air Tahiti shuttle back to the airport at ~5:00pm.

Only cost 2000 XPF for the taxi, and we enjoyed the afternoon on the best beach in Bora Bora...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:45 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to book Thalasso for September/October 2016. What is the best approach for this considering there is no availability through June of next year? I noticed people asking for released nights, is that the norm now? Is there a similar place I should look into at this point? I was planning to use points and AA miles.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AwardBee
We were given 2pm checkout with only Plat status. It worked perfectly because we took the 2:15pm boat shuttle to Le Moana (free, even if you're checking out and taking bags), enjoyed the rest of the afternoon there (luggage stored for free, and free use of all facilities) and then a taxi (Le Moana will arrange for you) to Vaitape to catch the Air Tahiti shuttle back to the airport at ~5:00pm.

Only cost 2000 XPF for the taxi, and we enjoyed the afternoon on the best beach in Bora Bora...
Sounds like a good idea!!! Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Southwest
If anyone plans to release Jun 2, 8 or 9, please let me know. Also, I have May 27 booking that I might not use.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by adymo
If anyone plans to release Jun 2, 8 or 9, please let me know. Also, I have May 27 booking that I might not use.
Does anyone know how reliable the release/rebook is? Is it 100% to go back into inventory? Immediately or sometimes delayed?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by nittany987

Does anyone know how reliable the release/rebook is? Is it 100% to go back into inventory? Immediately or sometimes delayed?

Thanks!
I have done this two times, and both times it was instantaneous, or at least within about 1 minute
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I have done this two times, and both times it was instantaneous, or at least within about 1 minute
Agreed
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
And when it does happen, boy does that make you happy!

We are going in Jan of 2016 for 5 nights moorea and 8 nights bora bora and one night tahiti

When I started booking late Jan 2015, I was foolish starting at 340 days or so and most of the day were gone. I only got 2 days that were separated by 5 days.

I have went from 2 of 8 nights at the Thalasso to now 6 of 8 nights by picking up cancellations. Thank you to who those people are. I now have 2 nights at the Moana separated by 4 days and the rest at the Thalasso. Helps to have the points in your account the moment that it shows up.

I did have 2 nights at the Moana as a paid night/amb free night. I could cancel 2 nights at thalasso and rebook using the amb free night, but I think the 100k points is better than spending the ~900 and getting the free amb night.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
We stayed here recently for 3 nights. Wonderful resorts and water bungalows. We used our free nights and as ambassador were upgraded to Sapphire villa. good views of mount otemanu from the outside decks.

We felt 3 nights were enough for us to get feel of the resort and experience over-water bungalows. Anything more than that would have been boring for us when especially food choices there are limited and it gets routine very soon. 50% off breakfast is very good value and we opted for that. I will recommend it any day.

We went to island one day and also visited le moana. Water there is absolutely beautiful and matira beach is plus. So location and charm wise you cannot beat le moana but overwater bunglows seem old and you miss magical view of mount otemanu. So we were very happy with our choice of staying at thallaso. If you are going to spend more time it makes sense to split the stay as it will also help to cut down transfer costs/time

We also stayed at IC Moorea for 3 nights and it exceeded our expectation. Overall it was great vacation with experiencing Moorea on land and Bora Bora on water.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:31 pm

Great free stay!

Awesome property, staff, and location! We found rooms and flights at the last minute so we decided to go for it. Best time
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:05 am

10/14-18 appears to be open...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
April 12,13,14 open this am.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:53 am

As a guest at the Thalasso are you free to go over to Le Moana and use their beach? Are you treated any differently at Moana? Seems like there isn't much of a beach at the Thalasso.

Any thoughts on getting over to the St. Regis to have dinner at the Lagoon restaurant? I've seen conflicting info on how to get there (taxi to a spot on main island and catch free shuttle over to St. Regis vs private boat transfer).
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by terpfan101
As a guest at the Thalasso are you free to go over to Le Moana and use their beach? Are you treated any differently at Moana? Seems like there isn't much of a beach at the Thalasso.

Any thoughts on getting over to the St. Regis to have dinner at the Lagoon restaurant? I've seen conflicting info on how to get there (taxi to a spot on main island and catch free shuttle over to St. Regis vs private boat transfer).
Question 1) Yes

Question 2) Would like to know answer as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.