Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by UASPG
I believe that the hotel boat transfer, from the airport, is mandatory, at the Thalasso.
What about when you're coming from the main island. For instance, you could have been staying at another resort on the main island and the next part of your vacation is at the Thalasso. Can any confirm that the Thalasso makes everyone pay the full boat transfer even if not using their service from the airport?

I know someone who did not use round trip service to/from airport, but curious if they've changed policies.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Churnman
What about when you're coming from the main island. For instance, you could have been staying at another resort on the main island and the next part of your vacation is at the Thalasso. Can any confirm that the Thalasso makes everyone pay the full boat transfer even if not using their service from the airport?

I know someone who did not use round trip service to/from airport, but curious if they've changed policies.
Can you detail the experience of that person, that you know?
From / To?
How long was it?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Churnman

I stayed at Thalasso after my stay at Hilton BBN, and went to SRBB after Thalasso. Didn't pay a dime to Thalasso for transportation.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by lewende
I stayed at Thalasso after my stay at Hilton BBN, and went to SRBB after Thalasso. Didn't pay a dime to Thalasso for transportation.
I know that they have arrangements between hotels, but do not know the details of the agreement.
What they charge or enforce for the mandatory transfers might also depend if the stay was a paid stay or an award stay. If they made enough money with the stay, they might be more inclined to give up on the income of the transfer. Just a guess.

Did you pay the Hilton and the St Regis for transportation?

From their website:

"Bora Bora Airport (BOB)
Distance 15 KM / 9.32 MI NORTH to Hotel
Shuttle Charge (one way): 10,932.00 (XPF)
Mandatory round trip transfer airport/hotel/airport: The InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa organise transportation with shuttle boats that will be charged as follow : 10,932 XPF per person round trip, taxes included."
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
I know that they have arrangements between hotels, but do not know the details of the agreement.
What they charge or enforce for the mandatory transfers might also depend if the stay was a paid stay or an award stay. If they made enough money with the stay, they might be more inclined to give up on the income of the transfer. Just a guess.

Did you pay the Hilton and the St Regis for transportation?
Yes, I paid Hilton and SRBB for transportation, respectively. I think Thalasso may waive this requirement by looking into extenuating reasons, like my case. If you only stay at Thalasso and just opt to skip its transportation service, I don't think Thalasso will allow it.

FWIW, my stay is a mix of points and BOGO stay.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:41 pm

I've just booked a 6-night stay using BOGO (for a Diamond OWB) and points.

What procedure did you follow to get an OWB for the remaining nights?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by iliopsoas
I've just booked a 6-night stay using BOGO (for a Diamond OWB) and points.

What procedure did you follow to get an OWB for the remaining nights?
Are you an ambassador or an RA? If neither, you'd better buy an ambassador membership.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:57 pm

Are you an ambassador or an RA? If neither, you'd better buy an ambassador membership.
Yes, I bought an Ambassador membership and got the BOGO weekend night cert.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 4:54 pm

Yes, I bought an Ambassador membership and got the BOGO weekend night cert.
Then you are good to go. The only thing you may consider is to pay $$$ for guaranteed upgrades for those award nights beforehand.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:09 pm

Then you are good to go. The only thing you may consider is to pay $$$ for guaranteed upgrades for those award nights beforehand.

Did you pay for upgrades? Did you contact IC Thalasso or did they contact you first?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:16 pm

Did you pay for upgrades? Did you contact IC Thalasso or did they contact you first?
They will send you offers for paid upgrade. I didn't pay coz I was an RA and only had two nights on points. As such, it may be a different story for you depending on when you will travel. To the very least, I don't think you will be stuck to those Motu suites, but there is no guarantee you will be able to stay at Diamond OWB for all award nights as well.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Hi there - I just bought a ambassador membership.

I would like to use the BOGO for Friday and Saturday night during my stay.

From experience, do you guys know how long it takes to get the BOGO cert in the mail?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:53 pm

Another question. Since the BOGO is a paid stay, with ambassador on Friday and Saturday night, if I book the basic on the water bungalow, will I get upgraded automatically at check in since it is a paid stay?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:03 pm

And yet one more question: if I book a BOGO stay buy buying the first weekend night and using the voucher and staying the second one free, AND I am a Royal Ambassador (not regular ambassador), will I get the complete mini-bar both nights?

Also, does any one know if the Bora Bora Thalasso mini bar includes snacks as well as drinks for royal ambassadors?

And lastly, if I finish all the drinks in the minibar each day, will they fill it back up for me on demand, or do they only fill it up once per day per room for your enjoyment?

I greatly appreciate any clarification that you experts may be able to give me.

Thanks you again
Old Apr 16, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
So to sum up,

You are a brand new flyer talk member.
You are a brand new AMB (don't have the cert yet).
You are considering becoming a brand new Royal Ambassador by purchasing an RA referral certificate from somewhere, if excessively usage of the mini-bar is allowed and would more than cover the cost of buying the RA cert.

I hope you have read extensively regarding purchasing of RA certs and the potential pitfalls from purchasing from potentially dodgy eBay sellers etc.

Receipt of AMB cert can take from a couple weeks to a couple of months depending where you are in the world.

Note that as in ANY property, you can only be upgraded if there are free rooms available, and its hard to prove a case if the hotel says they don't have the better rooms. Also note that all the OWB in Thalasso are identical, the better ones are better solely in terms of placement and view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.