Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Aug 27, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Plat, UA 1k, SPG Gold, IC Ambassador
Yes, I have contacted the IC, but it is taking time as they need to sort it out with the specific hotel first, before getting back to me.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 6:51 pm

Email back from the IC email I sent the other day:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Loren,

Greetings from the Guest Relations Team in Sydney, Australia

We have read your email and looked at your two separate confirmation numbers. Unfortunately, we are in no position to liase with the hotel on your behalf, as this booking was made via internet and had been dealt with the hotel direct. We only deal with complications linked to bookings made through our Worldwide reservations (South Pacific Call Centre ). We suggest, that you speak to the ‘revenue manager’ at the hotel, or alternatively email the hotel at [email protected]. They will hopefully be able to shed a bit more light on your booking situation.

Kind Regards

Guest Relations
South Pacific and S.E. Asia Reservations Centre
IHG®
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:05 pm

I would recommend dealing with the Amb services center, not the hotel directly. Afterall, you booked the reservation through the IC website, not by directly calling the hotel, therefore it is IC's responsibility.

I'm not sure about what the laws are like in Australia (nor Bora Bora for that matter), but if something like there were to happen to somebody in the USA, I do know that adding on NON-DISCLOSED fees to a reservation after the fact (even if it is later disclosed) is not legal. I re-interate what I said above, this is the kind of situation that starts class-action lawsuits. Obviously this is too small of case, but you better believe that if this happened to tens of thousands of people then a class-action lawsuit would be initiated. Ask SPG and their non-disclosure of Resort Fees. Ask Mastercard/Visa/Discover and their non-disclosure of foreign exchange/transaction fees.

I'm not sure how good credit card protection is in Australia, but if you lived in the USA and this exact same scenario happened to you, I'd say you'd have a 99% chance of getting a full refund from your CC when you dispute the charge. They will back you based on what you have documented so far, especially as this is a non-cancellable prepaid reservation. ^ Good luck.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I would recommend dealing with the Amb services center, not the hotel directly. Afterall, you booked the reservation through the IC website, not by directly calling the hotel, therefore it is IC's responsibility.
I agree. That would have been my first action.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:55 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I would recommend dealing with the Amb services center, not the hotel directly. Afterall, you booked the reservation through the IC website, not by directly calling the hotel, therefore it is IC's responsibility. .... ....
I agree with the others. You should contact the Ambassador Services Desk at:

[email protected]

Also copy the Asia Pacific Regional office at:

[email protected]

Provide them with all the relevant material including the unacceptable reply that you received from the IHG Centre in Australia. You should not have to deal with the hotel on this matter. Good Luck. ^

mxm135
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:27 pm

Am awaiting their reply. Sent email to both addresses.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 6:36 pm

Well, well, well... got a reply back from Ambassador, to say:

"Mr Justins, we are very sorry for issues you have had regarding the New Years Eve Dinner at the Thalasso Resort and Spa Bora Bora.

This has been a large miscommunication from the hotel to you, as the dinner is included in the cost of your hotel stay for New Years Eve, which is why that rate was higher than other nights.

I am sorry the Thalasso implied that you would be required to pay another $1000.00 AUD for this dinner.

Please be rest assured that this IS included, and no more expenses are required to be paid for by yourself.

Rose"

Anyway, all that stress for nothing, as that is the reason that night is more $$$ already, as it is included, and not added on.

The cost of $1000 per couple is if anyone NOT staying at the resort wants to purchase the meal, where all people staying have already paid for it...

Thank goodness!!
Old Aug 29, 2007, 6:54 pm

Good to hear.....................^
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy to hear about the good resolution!^
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
It's good to hear of the good outcome!

I think immediately contacting Amb is always step #1.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 2:16 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
I am delighted to hear that your NYE and holiday will not now be disturbed.

I have always found Ambassador Services to be very responsive. Enjoy your holiday, and let us know how you get on.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 3:03 am

Programs: not a lot
Excellent, just the reply you were after.

Good old ambassador customer services.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:43 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Congratulations that you were able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. I suspect that Ambassador Services may have also had some words with the hotel management on how they handled their communications with you.

Enjoy your vacation and let us know whether the meal was worth it.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 5:16 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
wow

Originally Posted by MXM135
Congratulations that you were able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. I suspect that Ambassador Services may have also had some words with the hotel management on how they handled their communications with you.

Enjoy your vacation and let us know whether the meal was worth it.
what a mis-communication!

incredible, but do you really think that others dont have to pay the dinner?
i guess that this was not a mistake, but the hotel know has comped you a free silvester dinner.

i am not so sure if this was a mistake from the hotel.

dp
Old Aug 30, 2007, 6:45 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by thehaloboy
I am staying at the Thalasso, and have just been emailed by them telling me that I mist purchase a New Years Eve dinner on Dec 31.
Would you mind posting parts of that email here?

HTB.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.