Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:56 pm

Honeymoon on reward nights

Hi all,

Sorry if I am going over old ground which has been covered here but I was hoping whether someone who has visited recently as an RA on reward nights could help:

Which benefits were honoured and what (if any upgrade did you receive)

If there was a complimentary RA minibar - what were the contents

Any gifts on arrival?

Many thanks,
Old May 3, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Reward Nights Availability

I was looking at booking a couple of reward nights (to tack onto the end of an Ambassador BOGOF Weekend) for some dates in October for my honeymoon. Devastatingly the website is showing no availability

Has anyone had any experience of reward availability reappearing for certain dates at IC properties?

I'd also be most grateful if someone who has an AmbWeekend cert could kindly check availability for me for the weekend of 12/13 October? The hotel is showing best flexible rate availability (and ironically reward night availability) for the Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mackdaddy
I was looking at booking a couple of reward nights (to tack onto the end of an Ambassador BOGOF Weekend) for some dates in October for my honeymoon. Devastatingly the website is showing no availability

Has anyone had any experience of reward availability reappearing for certain dates at IC properties?

I'd also be most grateful if someone who has an AmbWeekend cert could kindly check availability for me for the weekend of 12/13 October? The hotel is showing best flexible rate availability (and ironically reward night availability) for the Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks in advance.
website availability is wonky.. call priority club, the site is not reliable at all.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:46 pm

I emailed the resort for a guaranteed upgrade a week ago but still haven't received a response.

I'll be going on my honeymoon in a few months and this is making me nervous. I definitely do not want to stay in the basic family coral suite.
Old May 4, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by vmsea
website availability is wonky.. call priority club, the site is not reliable at all.
Thanks for the tip. Managed to book my amb weekend over the phone, even though I hadn't received my certificate as yet.

I also emailed the hotel inquiring about the surprising (October isn't peak season, right?) lack of award availability. Yet to receive a response.

iliopsoas, which email addr did you use?
Old May 4, 2013, 2:48 pm

I think they only have one room available for award stays,
if someone books it for your dates, you are out of luck...
Old May 4, 2013, 8:17 pm

iliopsoas, which email addr did you use?
[email protected]
Old May 5, 2013, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by iliopsoas
I've just had a response to my email. I messaged gmoffice.boraboraspa 'at' intercontinental.pf and received a reply from reservation.tahitiregion 'at' ihg.com.

Try emailing one or both of those.

Last edited by mackdaddy; May 6, 2013 at 7:00 am
Old May 5, 2013, 6:57 pm

I've just had a response to my email. I messaged gmoffice.boraboraspa 'at' intercontinental and received a reply from reservation.tahitiregion 'at' ihg.com.

Try emailing one or both of those.

Thanks. Did you try to upgrade?
Old May 6, 2013, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by iliopsoas
Thanks. Did you try to upgrade?
I queried whether I could 'pay' the standard number of points for a reward night + an additional (monetary) uplift to secure an OWB, even though the dates I want to stay do not have reward availability (but do have OWBs available).

The Assistant to the GM at the Thalasso Spa had forwarded my email on to the 'general' Tahiti reservations team to respond to me. Their response didn't really provide a proper answer so I have followed up again and am awaiting another reply.

P.S. I'd misspelled the first email address for the GM office in my last post. I've updated that now.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:26 pm

I queried about upgrade options and received an immediate response from the Reservations desk ([email protected])
Old May 9, 2013, 4:24 pm

Resort was not open to my suggestion of taking points + cash for a room when there was no Reward Night availability; the centralised Reward reservation system wouldn't permit this.

Therefore, I'll be moving to Le Moana for two nights.
Old May 10, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Anybody on a paid stay at the Thalasso recently for Royal Ambassador, get to eat the food from the mini bar for free as well?

Or is it only drinks?
Old May 12, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have read prior reviews indicating a mandatory New Year's Eve dinner charge at the Thalasso around $300-350 pp, does anyone know if this charge is still being imposed on stays over new years?
Old May 12, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by JonB110
I have read prior reviews indicating a mandatory New Year's Eve dinner charge at the Thalasso around $300-350 pp, does anyone know if this charge is still being imposed on stays over new years?
Last I heard it was... at all of the IC resorts in Tahiti.. best to email them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.