Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Churnman
Well, if the Turtle Center would like my continued support they'll find a way to allow me to visit from any resort in Bora Bora. I've contacted them and will report here what they say. I'm sure they want donors to be able to visit even if they aren't staying at the resort. We'll see how serious Le Meridien management is about the center and it's efforts to collect donations for the important work they do.
Making donations to the Turtle Center should definitely help to have access to it, even without staying at the resort.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Thumbs down getting worse and worse

Stayed there again 2 weeks ago in early August after my last stay in mid February. I was quite disappointed this time. They start charging the shuttle boat service 1,650/person/roundtrip at certain hours in order to trap the hotel guests for spending money in the hotel for dinner:

From Thalasso to Le Moana
0815 free
0915 free
1215 free
1315 free
1415 free
1700 chargeable
1800 chargeable
1900 chargeable
2130 chargeable
2230 chargeable

From Le Moana to Thalasso
0745 free
0845 free
1145 free
1245 free
1345 free
1630 chargeable
1730 chargeable
1830 chargeable
2030 chargeable
2200 chargeable

Nothing has been obviously changed or improved after the renovation at the beginning of this year, except a new fine dining restaurant near the wedding chapel. Settings are still the same at the Reef restaurant and the Bubbes Bar with the same old furnitures. Large patches of tile on the pool floor are randomly missing and are peeling off. I thought it was the new design until I looked closely. I will elaborate further and post some ugly pictures when I have time.

Last edited by GordonGordon; Aug 19, 2013 at 10:52 pm
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Besides, free internet access for PC, AMB or RA member is now limited to only 1 device per room. After complaining hard to the front desk manager, I got free internet access to all the 4 devices; however, there was problem with internet connection in the entire hotel during my 5 night stay, and the problem was not fixed by the time when I left the hotel!

It seems the hotel is now trying hard to nickel and dime the hotel guests!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Besides, free internet access for PC, AMB or RA member is now limited to only 1 device per room. After complaining hard to the front desk manager, I got free internet access to all the 4 devices; however, there was problem with internet connection in the entire hotel during my 5 night stay, and the problem was not fixed by the time when I left the hotel!

It seems the hotel is now trying hard to nickel and dime the hotel guests!

I guess internet was previously a nice captive revenue stream, so probably transfer re-costed rom 1st July when inet became free? Transfer fee you noted, also hits those with afternoon/evening flights!

When previously paid internet, 2 devices per room was always the accepted norm, as rooms are for 2x guests each needing access and probably having individual laptop/notebook/ipad even if only one device connected at a time.
Not sure what IHG corporate would say about such shenanigans!

I can not see 1 device per room being enforceable as any elite is entitled to free access whether staying or not?
Of course hotel could/will argue children have no elite status, I also think you have to bee 18years old to sign up as a member?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Regarding the Turtles see post #697, it is no problem to walk over there, maybe this is less obtrusive than going with a kayak.
We walked there last year, none of the staff recognized, that we weren't guests of the Meridien. Haven't seen any dogs. Don't think that the IC can shut down this path.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I was quite disappointed this time. They start charging the shuttle boat service 1,650/person/roundtrip at certain hours in order to trap the hotel guests for spending money in the hotel for dinner:
It's a shame they feel the need to charge for the previously free service. Used it several times during the week including a dinner at La Villa Mahana.

I wonder if they would waive the fee if you (said you) were going to a restaurant at IC Le Moana?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:55 pm

Has anyone stayed on a reward night recently (without combining BOGOF or other qualifying nights)? If so, which benefits were honoured?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:55 am

Nothing has been obviously changed or improved after the renovation at the beginning of this year, except a new fine dining restaurant near the wedding chapel.
Ok, so now I'm confused, I thought everything was shiny new...
What did they update? Bungalows? Restaurants?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
We stayed 7 nights 2 bogo, 5 on points.. never felt bothered by the ferry charge/schedule..

we never were charged actually.. just go over at 2:30.. have a drink at Moana.. shop around/bike around etc then head over to eat dinner.. easy! there's another resort (Moana) on the other end so that makes it simple..
once you get over by 2:30, it's free to come home later..
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Ok, so now I'm confused, I thought everything was shiny new...
What did they update? Bungalows? Restaurants?
Nothing was changed except a new fine dining restaurant near the wedding chapel. That was why I was disappointed, especially the pool. When I was there in February, the pool was closed and I could see all the tiles were scrapped. I was expecting to see a brand new pool, but it turned out to be sXXX! I'm going to figure out how I can post the pictures here. You guys will be shocked when you see them!

Last edited by GordonGordon; Aug 23, 2013 at 3:16 am
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:58 am

This is how the pool looks like after renovation. I guess the hotel management doesn't want the pool to be closed since it will involve compensation to the hotel guests, like comp breakfast to everytbody (when they can charge $43/person for the breakfast), etc. Whoever made that decision should be shot to death! Remember this is a so-called 5 stars hotel with room rate over $1,000/night.

If I were the management of the hotel, there would be no ways to let the pool open like this. Even a 5 years old kid would know what to do!

Last edited by GordonGordon; Sep 2, 2013 at 11:05 pm Reason: images are taken off because it really looks unpleasant in this thread. PM me if you need to see it.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
My local council gym pool looks better tbh
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
My local council gym pool looks better tbh
lol... u are absolutely right!^ Even YMCA or Motel 6 pool looks much better than that. It's a joke for people who pay $1,000/night to see a pool like this.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:14 am

From ta:

"Someone posted that the pool is in a state of major disrepair, and it is, however, the manager issued a letter to every guest explaining that they just had the pool completely retiled in January 2013, however the glue that the company used failed, therefore causing the tiles to come up. The hotel feels that because it is their peak season right now that closing the pool completely would not be an option, especially because they only have one pool. They were very apologetic and assured that the pool is being redone in a couple months. It does look pretty bad, but overall it's still enjoyable."

I'm buying it, probably someone screwed up and used cheap glue,
but in this situation, there is not much they could do...

One more question: do they still offer their "Bora Bora" blue drink?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:16 am

Nothing was changed except a new fine dining restaurant near the wedding chapel. That was why I was disappointed, especially the pool.

That is disappointing... How are bungalows, they must be getting
a little old..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.