Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Your joking of course? Don't expect anything for nothing or a "deal"
Most definitely not expecting anything for nothing. I did my research before booking, but always looking to take advantage of any offers that can benefit me. It does sound like there are deals...2 for 1 drinks is a deal (even if they're ridiculously priced, it's a deal for there) and the 50% off breakfast sounds like a fair deal considering the prices of food there.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Your joking of course? Don't expect anything for nothing or a "deal"
Not necessarily man. You could go to the bar, ask for some tap water, and then ask for some "bar pretzels or peanuts" which should be complimentary. So the bill should come out to $0.00. Maybe tip the bartender a buck or two though. Not a bad dinner expense.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:47 pm

In moorea now at the Hilton and heading to thalasso tomorrow. A few questions:

1) anyone have experience with the Polynesian night buffet? Was planning on doing that with the show.

2) we have a reservation at villa mahana and corail any other restaurants worth doing?

3) activity suggestions? Was planning to book the jet ski excursion. Anything else worth doing? My wife wants to do some boat activity.

4) how does the water temp compare to Moorea? It's pretty chilly here.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:44 pm

1) anyone have experience with the Polynesian night buffet? Was planning on doing that with the show.

Not sure if the International night buffet with Polynesian dance is the same thing. This was the absolute worst buffet ever in my life, from appetizer to main dish to dessert. AVOID.

2) we have a reservation at villa mahana and corail any other restaurants worth doing?

Corail was really good.

3) activity suggestions? Was planning to book the jet ski excursion. Anything else worth doing? My wife wants to do some boat activity.

Do a boat excursion with snorkeling, stingray feeding, shark feeding. I love it so much I email vendor to book again.

4) how does the water temp compare to Moorea? It's pretty chilly here.

Water temp pretty balmy.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:45 pm

Three drinks at Thalasso were around $20-24US, but as mentioned, with the 2 for 1 special, they're like $10-12 each. HOWEVER, it's worth noting that the 2 for 1 is for each person. For example, I couldn't pay $22 and get 1 drink for me and 1 for my wife. It has to be 2 for me, 2 for her. I do have to say, though, that the drinks were better than I thought. I didn't taste much alcohol and thought they were really weak, but then the buzz hit me pretty hard all of a sudden.

Regarding activities, the jet ski was more fun than I thought. I also did the ray and shark snorkel excursion. They were both from Moana Adventure.

Finally, I rented a small bugster via the concierge. It was $149US for 4 hrs. Pretty expensive, but it allowed me to drive around the island and see beyond the resorts. I'm glad I did it. Keep in mind that you can't go off road to see the cannons or anything like that.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Three drinks at Thalasso were around $20-24US, but as mentioned, with the 2 for 1 special, they're like $10-12 each. HOWEVER, it's worth noting that the 2 for 1 is for each person. For example, I couldn't pay $22 and get 1 drink for me and 1 for my wife. It has to be 2 for me, 2 for her.
My experience last week was different. I ordered mine and my wife's drink was free.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by qdmd
. Avoid the international buffet nite...pretty disappointing.
The once a week French buffet, they had before, was, in my opinion, better, but a few guests (mostly from the U.S., from what I understand) complained about it and the answer of the hotel was a switch to this "international" buffet.

I certainly would not mind to have the French buffet back.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by qdmd

My experience last week was different. I ordered mine and my wife's drink was free.
I wish I could've done that.

When I was there, we did the Asian buffet. Not impressed. In the IS, I wouldn't pay $25 for this level buffet, but at Thalasso, it was $90 I think.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:58 am

Our GoPro video of trip to Bora Bora IHG

We stayed for 9 nights on points and the into the night free night promo. This is my 1st video edit using a borrowed GoPro4 so sorry kinda shaky. I would highly recommend the shark swimming tour!

https://www.facebook.com/4profit/vid...609135/?type=2

I also did a review of the property on tripadvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...s.html#REVIEWS
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:06 am

I'm curious, is the pre-paid breakfast a buffet? How much (roughly) is coffee, and is it good coffee??
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:55 am

Prepaid breakfast is buffet, pretty standard stuff. I never drank coffee there because I never needed caffeine and the juices were good
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:55 am

Thanks for the answers. Regarding the Buffet nights there are three I was told, one international buffet one Polynesian buffet and one Asian night. Polynesian is on Monday and contains Polynesian food I think Asian is Wednesday and international on Friday. Were you referring to the international one that was so bad? The Polynesian menu looks good to me and I'd think being here would mean it's good but I can see that their take on Italian food for instance would be pretty bad.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Finally, I rented a small bugster via the concierge. It was $149US for 4 hrs. Pretty expensive, but it allowed me to drive around the island and see beyond the resorts. I'm glad I did it. Keep in mind that you can't go off road to see the cannons or anything like that.
What the hell is a bugster? Is that like a golf cart?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
What the hell is a bugster? Is that like a golf cart?
Yeah, pretty much. It didn't go very fast, but given the condition of the roads and the scenery, it went fast enough. It was loud and I'm sure annoying, but it was fun. Watch out for dogs, though!
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Yeah, pretty much. It didn't go very fast, but given the condition of the roads and the scenery, it went fast enough. It was loud and I'm sure annoying, but it was fun. Watch out for dogs, though!
What goes faster, the bugster or the dogs? Can they get in somehow if they were determined?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.