Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by otptravels
Sporadic availability for IHG Free Night right now from July 2018 onward - including a full consecutive week in November 2018.
I posted this back in December foolishly before completing the bookings for myself. I had secured 11/12 with my Chase night, but hadn't finished booking two more nights on points, and the availability disappeared right away. If someone swooped up all those nights in November due to my post, and you're feeling kind enough to release two of them back to me - either 11/11 and 11/13 or 11/13 and 11/14 - please let me know.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by AaronD23
Looking at the other properties under the same management (namely the IC Tahiti and Moorea), the nights are only available 4 months in advance (see reward nights availability calendar). I suspect they have done the same for the Bora Bora properties. This would mean that if someone releases reward nights, they would not become available to someone else if the booked dates are more than 4 months from now.
I can confirm this. Released nights from all four FP IHG Properites, more than four months out. Not one came back as available
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:25 pm

I haven't seen DP in this thread so I am wondering if anybody successfully used Chase IHG anniversary certificate(s) to book date(s) past the certificate expired date. Do they allow you to still use the expired certificate as long as the certificate was used before it was expired?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I haven't seen DP in this thread so I am wondering if anybody successfully used Chase IHG anniversary certificate(s) to book date(s) past the certificate expired date. Do they allow you to still use the expired certificate as long as the certificate was used before it was expired?
Yes I've done this before. Booked a room that was several months past the expiration date. However, I believe for the expiration date, you just need to book it by that date...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan
Yes I've done this before. Booked a room that was several months past the expiration date. However, I believe for the expiration date, you just need to book it by that date...
Thanks for DP. I already booked a night with the certificate but now the certificate expired so I can't make any change or cancel (if I do, I will lose the reservation). I was worried that when I show up at Thalasso for the date that is booked with the expired certificate, they might not honor the reservation made with the expired certificate. How long ago did you do that?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:05 pm

Just returned from the resort doing this same thing. No issues at all.

Thanks for DP. I already booked a night with the certificate but now the certificate expired so I can't make any change or cancel (if I do, I will lose the reservation). I was worried that when I show up at Thalasso for the date that is booked with the expired certificate, they might not honor the reservation made with the expired certificate. How long ago did you do that?
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:14 pm

I have been under the assumption that rewards nights for IHG don't have resort fees. But after seeing the other IHG thread about this it has me wondering. Can anyone who stayed on points tell me if there were resort fees and if so how much per night they were?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:41 pm

No resort fees. Only a small tourist tax. About 5 euro/night.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:56 am

I leaned this hard way and I remember reading it somewhere but Hotel Hustle DOES NOT WORK for searching Thalasso availability. Does anybody know other availability monitor service that works for Thalasso?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I leaned this hard way and I remember reading it somewhere but Hotel Hustle DOES NOT WORK for searching Thalasso availability. Does anybody know other availability monitor service that works for Thalasso?
Is this new? It worked for me in December.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Is this new? It worked for me in December.
Looks like when IHG changed the interface (maybe in January), that is when Hotel Hustle stopped working.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:28 pm

has anyone successfully book this with points? I can't seem to find any availability on their website. I went as far as 2-3 years out and still don't see anything available.
Also, do you get overwater bungalow with points booking? or is it luck based on upgrade? Thx in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by misenlai
has anyone successfully book this with points? I can't seem to find any availability on their website. I went as far as 2-3 years out and still don't see anything available.
Also, do you get overwater bungalow with points booking? or is it luck based on upgrade? Thx in advance.
All the rooms there are over-water.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by misenlai
I would suggest that you take some time to read through this thread and you will get an excellent insight into the difficulties of booking this property on points.
Corridor! and lincoln boy like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
If only I could move a mattress from the Thalasso over to the Conrad this summer. Thalasso doesn't have great snorkeling, little to no award avail, but they do have good mattresses for those of us who don't like waking up with a sore back. Unfortunately, I heard the Conrad did not go with firmer mattresses when they finished their remodeling (I was assured they would the last time I was there). They still, reportedly, have mushy mattresses and guests are now giving some feedback on that. Even my wife who prefers a softer mattress than I do, woke up with a sore back everyday during our stay there before the remodel. On the other hand, some of the rooms at the IHG Tahiti property also have poor quality mattresses, so it's not all IHGs in this region that have good beds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.