Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
If cost isn't a huge concern, I would do less at Moana and more at Thalasso. 2 would be sufficient at Moana. Enough time to enjoy it, and stock up at the store for Thalasso.

Also, you didn't mention if this is a points or paid stay. I assume it is paid? If so, make SURE you sign up for Ambassador. With three IC stays, it will be WELL worth it.
The whole stay is with points. (Sorry I left that out). So I probably will not be able to get any more nights at Thalasso. Plus, I also want to experience Le Moana. I plan to pay to upgrade to overwater bungalows at both Moorea and Moana, do you think it's worth it? I am also going to buy ambassador status, but I know that upgrades are not guarantees for stays on points.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Islandlover1
The whole stay is with points. (Sorry I left that out). So I probably will not be able to get any more nights at Thalasso. Plus, I also want to experience Le Moana. I plan to pay to upgrade to overwater bungalows at both Moorea and Moana, do you think it's worth it? I am also going to buy ambassador status, but I know that upgrades are not guarantees for stays on points.
Keep an eye on the points availability every day. Thalasso is pretty good about opening up last minute points rooms. That's what happened to me. To be honest, we LOVED the beach hut at Moana. If you are doing OWB at Thalasso, I don't think it is worth the upgrade at Moana. That is my opinion. But really, if you can get an extra night at Thalasso vs. Moana, you really should. The two resorts are incomparable.
nrgetik and Troopers like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Islandlover1
We did the three resorts all on points this July. Moorea upgraded us to the garden pool bungalow which was very nice and private. Moana comped a bottle of champagne but no upgrade. But we liked the beach bungalow a lot. For the grand final at thalasso we have been upgraded to sapphire overwater bungalow for 6 nights during high season. The combination of the 3 different types of rooms was absolutely great. Instead of using cash to upgrade to the sub par overwater bungalows at Moorea and moana I would suggest you get a rental car and some nice dinners for the money you would have spent for the upgrades. If you do not get an upgrade at thalasso, buy up. Perhaps you check for occupancy regularly and if it is getting full you buy the upgrade pre arrival. I'm sure they will do their best to upgrade you if they can...

edit: thalasso upgraded us one day before check in

Last edited by nrgetik; Jan 5, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:56 am

Keep an eye on the points availability every day. Thalasso is pretty good about opening up last minute points rooms. That's what happened to me. To be honest, we LOVED the beach hut at Moana. If you are doing OWB at Thalasso, I don't think it is worth the upgrade at Moana. That is my opinion. But really, if you can get an extra night at Thalasso vs. Moana, you really should. The two resorts are incomparable.
All true. Le Moana is not about luxury accommodation, it's about friendly people, great location,
an amazing beach across the street. But it's all accessible from Thalasso by daily shuttle. No need to stay there at all.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:27 am

It will be very very rare for you to get consecutive right off the bat. You just need to piece them together one night at a time. I can tell you things got much easier about 3 weeks before my departure when many more dates opened up (presumably from people cancelling).
I had to give up eventually. I have been trying to get nights at Thalasso for May 14-18 2018 since they released last Spring. Had Hotel Hustle alerts on and paid the $2.99 every month. Pretty much have been checking a few times daily for about eight months now. I have no idea why I haven't been able to get them. At the moment we have a paid reservation because we had to book the rest of our trip. Still hoping some will be released though...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:13 am

is it correct reward availability has been changed to only 4 months in advance?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by waygora
I had to give up eventually. I have been trying to get nights at Thalasso for May 14-18 2018 since they released last Spring. Had Hotel Hustle alerts on and paid the $2.99 every month. Pretty much have been checking a few times daily for about eight months now. I have no idea why I haven't been able to get them. At the moment we have a paid reservation because we had to book the rest of our trip. Still hoping some will be released though...
I bet you will eventually get some of those nights converted to points if you wait til it gets closer and the people who make points bookings for a "potential" trip will cancel as the cancellation date gets closer. I would keep the hotel hustle for the next few months if I were you. Whats $3 per month to save a few hundred dollars to even convert one night into a points booking.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
I bet you will eventually get some of those nights converted to points if you wait til it gets closer and the people who make points bookings for a "potential" trip will cancel as the cancellation date gets closer. I would keep the hotel hustle for the next few months if I were you. Whats $3 per month to save a few hundred dollars to even convert one night into a points booking.
Waste of money, Hotel Hustle doesn't get IHG data anymore. Check any night, they show neither cash nor points rate.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Waste of money, Hotel Hustle doesn't get IHG data anymore. Check any night, they show neither cash nor points rate.
Good call. I guess it stopped working when IHG changed their systems.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
I bet you will eventually get some of those nights converted to points if you wait til it gets closer and the people who make points bookings for a "potential" trip will cancel as the cancellation date gets closer.
Yes reward availability does open but there is never any proof that these room openings are a result of people cancelling reward bookings; similarly for me to suggest it is the resort's way of opening up further unsold rooms (and not people cancelling reward booking), is again not proven. We just don't know why.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:09 pm

Cash:
I took out cash at the Tahiti airport, which turned out to be useless. The general store, main island restaurants, and hotels all accepted Credit Card. I wouldn't take out cash in the future. If you really need it, the hotel will give it to you and charge it against your room at an OK rate.
What about taxi's? Accept CC or USD?

Arrival:

We were coming from Le Moana, and paid for the boat transfer, which was 4900 ($49) XPF for 2 people. We had the hotel call ahead the day before, and we were informed that our room would not be ready until 3PM. We headed over on the 11:45AM shuttle, figuring we would grab lunch and hope to get our room slightly earlier. The arrival process actually was the worst experience of the entire stay. They took us to a dedicated Ambassador check-in area and sat us down at a table with a Spire placard on it and provided a warm cloth and iced tea. The agent asked for our passports and credit card, and then left for about 15 minutes. She brought back some paperwork to sign, which we did, and the signed paperwork sat there for another 10 minutes until the manager came by to introduce himself. I handed him the paperwork and he said someone would be right back. Finally, about 10 minutes later, the agent comes back and tells us our room wasn't ready. It just felt like a huge waste of time to sit around for 35 minutes just to be told our room wouldn't be ready until 3. We went and had lunch and walked around, and came back at 2:45, and again, they told us to come back at 3. Sure enough, at 3 o'clock, us and everyone else who was checking in stood in line one by one to get our room keys, and then had to wait for a golf cart to take us to our room because there wasn't enough carts. I asked if we could just have the key but they said someone would need to take us there and give us a tour of the room. Not a huge deal, it was just a little annoying and left a poor first impression.
We'll also be arriving from Thalasso after staying at Le Moana. Better to check-out late from Le Moana to avoid the 3pm check-in rush?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
=Troopers;29266096]What about taxi's? Accept CC or USD?
Sorry, we didn't take taxi's.

We'll also be arriving from Thalasso after staying at Le Moana. Better to check-out late from Le Moana to avoid the 3pm check-in rush?
Based on my experience, that would be my suggestion. However, what I would suggest, is have the front desk (not concierge) of Moana call Thalasso the day before. This is what I did, and Thalasso clearly told us our room wouldn't be ready until 3. I presume it has a lot to do with occupancy levels.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:29 pm

We used Taxi Dora who was phenomenal. She only took cash and is always on time waiting for you.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
We used Taxi Dora who was phenomenal. She only took cash and is always on time waiting for you.
Local currency or USD?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:44 pm

Anyone ever gone on a motu picnic near the resort? Looking to take the family on a picnic that is not crazy expensive. Especially since my kids a picky eaters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.