Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Jan 1-5 available
That's because I boringly cancelled my 29 dec - 5 january reservation today ...
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: Plat Amb
Any Royal Ambassador who stayed at this hotel on points, and can share his/her experience?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I have a dilemma I am hoping someone can provide advice on.

I have the following reserved fully on points for the end of December 2017

Night 1 - 3: Le Moana
Night 4: Thalasso
Night 5: Le Moana
Night 6: Thalasso (New Years Eve)
Alternatively, I could pay for Night 5 at Thalasso, and do Night 1-3 Le Moana and Night 4-6 at Thalasso for about 1100 USD. I assume there will be a mandatory NYE dinner on this option as well.

OR:

Night 1 - 3: Le Moana
Night 4: Thalasso
Night 5-6 (NYE): Le Moana
Alternatively, I could just pay for Night 4 at Le Moana and stay all 6 nights there, for a cost of about 900 USD.

Any thoughts? How much of a pain would it be to switch back and forth? Obviously it saves me about 1000 if I do so.

Thanks!

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Dec 11, 2017 at 9:55 am
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I have a dilemma I am hoping someone can provide advice on.

I have the following reserved fully on points for the end of December 2017

Night 6: Thalasso (New Years Eve)
Night 5-6 (NYE): Le Moana!
In other words: you are hoarding reward nights...

I would definitely pick option 2. One night at the Thalasso is fine as you can leave all your luggage at the Moana. But going there again for NYE means you have to pack and repack x times and take all your luggage with you to the Thalasso.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by DUflyer
In other words: you are hoarding reward nights...

I would definitely pick option 2. One night at the Thalasso is fine as you can leave all your luggage at the Moana. But going there again for NYE means you have to pack and repack x times and take all your luggage with you to the Thalasso.
Ha. I can see how it looks like that. Actually, Day 4 and Day 6 JUST opened up yesterday at Thalasso on points, so I booked it. Until last night, I was booked at Moana the entire time, with a paid stay on night 4. If night 5 would open up at Thalasso, I could go 1-3 Moana, and then 3-6 Thalasso. Patiently waiting...

Thank you for the suggestion. I am leaning towards option 2 as well. One night at Thalasso (which we can stretch to two full days by arriving early and leaving late), and the entire stay is then free besides transfers between the resorts.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Dec 11, 2017 at 11:26 am
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:42 am

Flying UA ex-SFO will be an another option to PPT starting Oct 30 2018. Great news!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Flying UA ex-SFO will be an another option to PPT starting Oct 30 2018. Great news!
It is indeed great news to have another option to get to PPT. But I wonder if this means more competitions for rewards night @ Thalasso.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
It is indeed great news to have another option to get to PPT. But I wonder if this means more competitions for rewards night @ Thalasso.
No doubt Thalasso will be more competitive now with another option, especially since it's UA.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:40 pm

Ha. I can see how it looks like that. Actually, Day 4 and Day 6 JUST opened up yesterday at Thalasso on points, so I booked it. Until last night, I was booked at Moana the entire time, with a paid stay on night 4. If night 5 would open up at Thalasso, I could go 1-3 Moana, and then 3-6 Thalasso. Patiently waiting...

Thank you for the suggestion. I am leaning towards option 2 as well. One night at Thalasso (which we can stretch to two full days by arriving early and leaving late), and the entire stay is then free besides transfers between the resorts.
Good news - I was able to get Night 1-3 at Moana and Night 4-6 at Thalasso. Now I am just waiting for the email about the dreaded mandatory new years eve dinner at Thalasso. It appears from what I found online this will be about $800 USD for two people :s
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:44 pm

Good news - I was able to get Night 1-3 at Moana and Night 4-6 at Thalasso. Now I am just waiting for the email about the dreaded mandatory new years eve dinner at Thalasso. It appears from what I found online this will be about $800 USD for two people :s
Congrats. You will be much happier not transferring back and forth. Half the beauty is just lounging on your deck.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:33 pm

All details for Thalasso Christmas and year end were published on their Facebook.
Link to the document referred to:

http://fr.calameo.com/read/004500545bfe809ce0fa2

37k xpf per person, all guests, 31/12.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
All this effort to save 56k XPF on night 4 to get hit with 74k XPF on night 6 (+17% tax)
Plus an additional 60,000 points of course. I wonder if you can book NYE with FHR or Virtuoso and get the expensive dinner included?
The paid night at the Moana would also give you a guaranteed upgrade to an OWB, provided you are an ambassador.

But even considering all this, I would still do 3+3. Well done!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
All this effort to save 56k XPF on night 4 to get hit with 74k XPF on night 6 (+17% tax)
Plus an additional 60,000 points of course. I wonder if you can book NYE with FHR or Virtuoso and get the expensive dinner included?
The paid night at the Moana would also give you a guaranteed upgrade to an OWB, provided you are an ambassador.

But even considering all this, I would still do 3+3. Well done!

Haha, I agree, a little silly, however I am going all the way to BOB and staying six nights for free besides one mandatory dinner . Now I get three nights at Moana, followed by three nights at Thalasso. It will be nice to try them both. Why bounce around to save a few bucks/points - this is what I save them for
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:08 pm

Hi everyone, we are having a really tough time booking rooms for IC Thalasso. If someone has rooms for 3 through 5 consecutive nights, can you please help us out by sending a private message if you will release those rooms? It's for a honeymoon. We've been checking every week for awhile now. Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by guppies
Hi everyone, we are having a really tough time booking rooms for IC Thalasso. If someone has rooms for 3 through 5 consecutive nights, can you please help us out by sending a private message if you will release those rooms? It's for a honeymoon. We've been checking every week for awhile now. Thanks!
Buy and pay for HotelHustle. It was worth it. Got me 6 consecutive nights Dec 26-Jan 1. Patience and persistence my friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.