Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by bmrisko
Moana is a huge step down. No way I'd book there over Thalasso just to save $60pp for the ferry. That is crazy talk.
I spent 2 nights at Moana and 3 at Thalasso in late June. Yes, the property and rooms at Thalasso are much nicer than Moana (5 stars vs 4 stars), but there are practically NO fish at Thalasso. There's a coffee table with a glass display over the water, but nothing came when I dropped food. No fish when I was snorkeling around the bungalow. Overall, I'd prefer Thalasso due to the resort itself, but I would still be more than happy to stay at Moana. I don't think it's a huge step down. Both properties have good and bad.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I spent 2 nights at Moana and 3 at Thalasso in late June. Yes, the property and rooms at Thalasso are much nicer than Moana (5 stars vs 4 stars), but there are practically NO fish at Thalasso. There's a coffee table with a glass display over the water, but nothing came when I dropped food. No fish when I was snorkeling around the bungalow. Overall, I'd prefer Thalasso due to the resort itself, but I would still be more than happy to stay at Moana. I don't think it's a huge step down. Both properties have good and bad.
Yes but if you want to see cool ocean life, just head to the shark lagoon.

What's cooler? A picture with fish or a picture with you surrounded by a dozen sharks?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yes but if you want to see cool ocean life, just head to the shark lagoon.

What's cooler? A picture with fish or a picture with you surrounded by a dozen sharks?
A visit to the shark lagoon requires a trip. There's something to be said about climbing down the ladder of your bungalow and seeing hundreds or thousands of fish. This isn't just about taking a couple pictures; for me, the whole point of a OWB is to be surrounded by the Bora Bora environment. My wife and I loved the room (HUGE and luxurious), but were somewhat underwhelmed by how artificial it felt. We might as well have been over a giant swimming pool.

On a side note, we've now stayed at the Hilton (2013) and both IC properties (few months ago). Our favorite was the Hilton. It was the best compromise. Room nicer than Moana, better location (to us, at least), and our tour guide also told us that it has the most fish.

But as with everything-- different strokes for different folks.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
Is the fence still in place which protects their little coral lagoon from the rest of the lagoon? Last time we were there the fence wasn't high enough during high tide and a shark wondered in, but then couldn't get back out. They carefully and thoughtfully guided it out with the fence down in one section.
I believe you are referring to the "snorkeling lagoon" that the chapel overlooks - there is no fence that I can see. I've seen rays and fish of varying size swim in and out.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:24 pm

Anyone at the resort now that can do me a quick favor? Pls PM.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:39 pm

Haha well I'm definitely going. Even got my business ticket through AA booked on Air Tahiti Nui.

I was able to get my 5 nights through a loophole which reportedly has been fixed so this is probably my 1 chance to go.
Did the loophole allow you to book dates that were already released or just the dates that weren't yet released/not yet bookable on the website? I think I know the second loophole, but curious about the first scenario.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I would think most people on this forum are going to BB almost free (points for hotel and miles for airline). The fact that people are trying find ways to save $20 or $30 bucks on transport is a little bit of a head scratcher.
We originally had booked into the St Regis paying cash though, I think as a Platinum guest we get free breakfast there LOL Then I discovered Reward Nights - so yes we are going there on points now Makes it much better value?

It was a no-brainer 50,000 per night at the IC or $1200 at the St Regis, anyway, save a bit of $$$ from the boat ride and you can spend elsewhere
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Churnman
How many other days are you hoarding?

On a more serious question: How many are truly hoarding award nights with no airline booked, no real intention of using the award nights but merely dreaming they can go multiple times in a year? Seems some are holding multiple bookings at multiple times of the year knowing full well they won't be using all of it. I bet the majority of award nights being held end up getting cancelled.
For our 2.25 week trip to french polynesia islands in jan, we are doing 6 nights at thalasso and 2 at moana (individuals nights scattered in). I pieced the 6 nights together over a 6 month time period one at a time. Patience grasshopper.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

I would say that it's way cooler to try enjoy where you are and the surrounding without having your eye constantly on the camera. There are tons of existing extraordinary images and films that you can enjoy at home, if you prefer to look at a screen.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Did the loophole allow you to book dates that were already released or just the dates that weren't yet released/not yet bookable on the website? I think I know the second loophole, but curious about the first scenario.
Option # 2 sir

Originally Posted by UASPG
There are tons of existing extraordinary images and films that you can enjoy at home, if you prefer to look at a screen.
But those aren't of me experiencing BB. And I'm not going to photoshop myself into them either as that is cheating.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
For our 2.25 week trip to french polynesia islands in jan, we are doing 6 nights at thalasso and 2 at moana (individuals nights scattered in). I pieced the 6 nights together over a 6 month time period one at a time. Patience grasshopper.
Similarly, I was able to piece together 8 consecutive nights over about a 12 month time period. Several came in the last 30-60 days. IME, a long time horizon, patience, flexibility, and tenacity in checking award space are virtues that will serve you well for this award redemption.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Option # 2 sir

But those aren't of me experiencing BB. And I'm not going to photoshop myself into them either as that is cheating.
Can you PM me this loophole?

I have another 5-6 months to plan, so hopefully I get some openings during the dates I'm looking for.

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by chongl
Can you PM me this loophole?

I have another 5-6 months to plan, so hopefully I get some openings during the dates I'm looking for.

Thanks
Sorry, but that door closed a while ago. No so-called loophole. Just have to check every now and then to see if someone canceled an award night and to see if it went back into available inventory. We happen to pick up the nights we want months back, but we won't be there until this summer (winter in FP).
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:03 am

Planning to honeymoon here in Sept or Oct 2017, yes 2017 lol. We are saving points for both hotel and airfare in the meantime but very clearly from reading this thread, it will be difficult to find multiple nights in a row. I have been lurking for a bit trying to best understand the situation. If someone could correct me if I'm wrong and/or give some pointers on how best to snag nights, it would be greatly appreciated. And of course I understand so much could change at any point.

Each night around midnight EST a new night is released for reward availability 330 days out? This is when I should be on the reservation page looking to grab it? Best to do one night reservations at a time that way I can change the itinerary if needed? We are coming from Boston - anyone fly first class from here or it seems that flying first class from LAX is way more popular.

Thanks so much in advance!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by legroe3289
Planning to honeymoon here in Sept or Oct 2017, yes 2017 lol. We are saving points for both hotel and airfare in the meantime but very clearly from reading this thread, it will be difficult to find multiple nights in a row. I have been lurking for a bit trying to best understand the situation. If someone could correct me if I'm wrong and/or give some pointers on how best to snag nights, it would be greatly appreciated. And of course I understand so much could change at any point.

Each night around midnight EST a new night is released for reward availability 330 days out? This is when I should be on the reservation page looking to grab it? Best to do one night reservations at a time that way I can change the itinerary if needed? We are coming from Boston - anyone fly first class from here or it seems that flying first class from LAX is way more popular.

Thanks so much in advance!
Award nights are released between 11 PM - 12 AM EST, 350 days out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.