Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by sunshine213
Got back Saturday night and the property is BEAUTIFUL. The service is impeccable, grounds are gorgeous, restaurants are great, and we had OWB 201. Views were AMAZING from the OWB. I honestly think this is the best one there is (even compared to the Diamon/Otemanu view ones). Water height is about waist to stomach deep off of 201 (I'm 5'8"). We were supposed to go to the main island for stuff, but opted to just sit and stare at the lagoon for the entire first day. It really is that beautiful.

The free internet is perfectly adequate. We were streaming stuff from youtube app (website will not work). They also blocked facetime and other video calling apps for us and imessage did not work either. It was really bizarre. Also, if internet access is what you're worrying about when here, you're doing this trip wrong.

Overall, I would try for the south facing bungalows on the southern claw (201 if you can get it). Second best is south facing bungalows on the northern claw. Overall though, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about getting the perfect bungalow. The entire properly is so beautiful that any OWB will make your jaw drop (even the ones facing the dock). I do think that the lagoon colors are prettier near southern facing OWBs on the northern claw. Don't worry yourself that much about which OWB you get. It has a truly minor effect on your overall stay (unless you are super anal about stuff and want everything to be exactly as you planned).

Get the breakfast buffet deal when you check in. Its well worth it and the food is very good quality. We did lunch and dinner a la carte. Didn't think the dinner buffets with shows were worth it.

If you are stopping for a day in Tahiti, go the the IC Tahiti for the show and the dinner buffet, much better in my opinion and more food options as well.

You can also take the shuttle over to Moana and go eat at local restaurants to save some money. Fare Manuia right outside of Moana has good food for about 15% cheaper prices.

Activities:
-booked a snorkelling and laggon tour with Reef Discovery. Booked it online, beforehand.
-booked a 4x4 with Vavu (for the 4x4's, keep in mind that each company owns private land/viewpoints so you will not be able to see all the view points- just the ones the company owns).
-rented a scooter, drove around the island, and just climbed to all the viewpoints that Vavau couldn't go to. People are really really nice and will usually let you through if you ask them without hassle.
-Did a motu lunch with Vavau as well on their private island- I HIGHLY recommend going there as the panoramic views from their hill top are gorgeous.

TIP: Make damn sure that the day you book activities is not cloudy. It will have a HUGE impact on the view...the sky was overcast when we did the 4x4 and the lagoon was a depressingly grey hue. Re-book to a day when you have sun/clear skies if you have the option.

Lastly, we split our stay between Thalasso and Le Moana. If you do this, do Moana first. It is a colossal let down to go from Thalasso to Moana. Moana is perfectly fine in it's own right as a resort but if you stay at the Thalasso first, you'll feel like you've gone from a Michelin starred restaurant to Olive Garden.
Great info. Look forward to putting it to use when we are there in January.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Moorea

Originally Posted by tylerc
For those that just returned, did you go to moorea as well? Debating just ditching moorea altogether since it will be AFTER Thalasso, and likely will be a letdown since we are in a Lanai room in the main building.
Do Moorea as its more about the mountains than the lagoon.
I went to FP in mid/late to September to IC Thalasso BB followed by IC Moorea. I would have preferred to reverse the order, but I did not have a choice given award availability at IC Thalasso. I also booked a standard room in the main building (one night paid/one night points) at IC Moorea, but was upgraded to a standalone bungalow (I think they call it a garden view) as a platinum elite. Yes, the room was no where close to the IC Thalasso standard (and I believe all the bungalows are similar except for location/view), but Moorea was really pretty (very lush, mountainous) and IMO, had a better local vibe than BB. In fairness, I did not get a chance to experience much of BB's local culture, since I spent most of my short stay at the IC Thalasso, only going over to the main island once for a little beach time at Le Moana, and sunset/dinner at Matira Beach.

Also, to set expectations, Moorea does not have the same water color/clarity that BB does. That would have been a big letdown for me if I had not known in advance.

Last edited by needtoescape; Oct 7, 2015 at 11:20 am Reason: clarify and add info
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:14 pm

Ia orana

My wife and I were lucky enough to snag 7 reward nights at thalasso in the last week of sept. We got room 202 and the view was pretty nice too.

Reading these last few posts i feel like we couldve bumped into some of you lol. The resort was fully booked, but there was so much space that it felt like we had the place to ourselves most of the time. The only time I saw a lot of people was during the daily stingray feeding. I think the only thing we didn't like about the resort was the restaurant Corail. I wouldn't recommend going there and would've rather spent another dinner at la villa mahana.

I was at IC Moorea before bb, and it was more family oriented than I expected. There were way more parents and kids over there than in bb.

Either way this was the best trip ever!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:35 am

Got back Saturday night and the property is BEAUTIFUL. The service is impeccable, .
Service impeccable??!! I've been to the Hilton, Le Moana, and Thalasso. Service at any of these properties has been poor all around, especially for the cost of stay. Same thing when we visited restaurants on the main island. My wife and I talked about it with other couples-- we just joked that it's "island life".
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Service impeccable??!! I've been to the Hilton, Le Moana, and Thalasso. Service at any of these properties has been poor all around, especially for the cost of stay. Same thing when we visited restaurants on the main island. My wife and I talked about it with other couples-- we just joked that it's "island life".

How was service less than stellar for you??

Ours was like clockwork. We never had to wait at a single place at Thalasso- from checkin, to restaurants, to checkout, to room service, to turndown, etc. Literally not once did we have wait at any place on the resort for service. People who had issues with english immediately called someone over to translate.

The only island time experience we had was for dinner at the main island restaurants where they took FOREVER to get you anything. Lunch service was prompt. (Le Moana is island time as well).

In terms of the price, I think you are forgetting that you are in the middle of nowhere. Resources are sparse to a point where they built a desalination plant to accommodate the stress put on by Thalasso, Regis and Four Seasons. The high price you are paying is because of how difficult it is to give you that level of comfort and service despite those hardships. I think.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:50 pm

Yeah, I am mostly referring to the dining experiences in and off the resorts
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Dinner at FS or St Regis

Does anyone know or had the experience to dine at Four Seasons or St Regis while staying at Thalasso? How to get there & come back? I am planing my first BB trip in July 2016. Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by whitywhitytw
Does anyone know or had the experience to dine at Four Seasons or St Regis while staying at Thalasso? How to get there & come back? I am planing my first BB trip in July 2016. Thanks.
It's not easy. You need to request the boat from either place
and they will charge you a lot for this even though it's a 5 minute ride.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by whitywhitytw
the cheapest way would probably be taking the shuttles from thalasso to le moana, then le moana to vaitape or whatever location the other hotels shuttles go to on the main island. but that would be a huge waste of time.

surprisingly there doesn't seem to be any info on water taxis. I think the only accessible motu resort from thalasso is le meridian. It looked like you could just walk through the back of the motu but that wild dog sign was a big deterrent for me.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
It's not easy. You need to request the boat from either place
and they will charge you a lot for this even though it's a 5 minute ride.
I thought about going to the Jean George's restaurant at St Regis for my wife's birthday, but they charge XPF30,000 (about USD300 at the time) for the 5 minutes boat ride, we decided to go to the Le Corail and food and service were outstanding.

It is my impression that the resorts do not want to "cross over" guests around.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by delmolino
IIt is my impression that the resorts do not want to "cross over" guests around.
I would say that's exactly what they want... they want every last dollar or euro of yours they can capture... and then some... I've been to Bora 8 or 9 times now and I'm not going back just because of that... We've manage to find much friendlier places in French Polynesia... which I think are better than Bora given the costs, service, etc...
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Buzzman
We've manage to find much friendlier places in French Polynesia... which I think are better than Bora given the costs, service, etc...
Which other places (islands, hotels) would you recommend in FP?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:22 am

Just checking and saw Dec 10th, 15th, 19th, 21-23 available in case anyone needs those dates. I'm working for November to open up.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by UASPG
Which other places (islands, hotels) would you recommend in FP?
For example, Fakarava... not currently a hotel on the atoll, on.. but 8-10 pensions with various degrees of comfort, all of which offer at least half board for about 300 US a night for two persons... only 600 people live there... not a lot of tourists... a lot of Polynesians come from Papeete to holiday... no restaurants other than "snacks" which offer limited menus at reasonable prices.... it's a beautiful place, but certainly no Bora Bora or Moorea in terms of stark beauty
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Buzzman
For example, Fakarava... not currently a hotel on the atoll, on.. but 8-10 pensions with various degrees of comfort, all of which offer at least half board for about 300 US a night for two persons... only 600 people live there... not a lot of tourists... a lot of Polynesians come from Papeete to holiday... no restaurants other than "snacks" which offer limited menus at reasonable prices.... it's a beautiful place, but certainly no Bora Bora or Moorea in terms of stark beauty
Exploring the other FP islands is certainly a wise choice.

I read that this atoll, located in the Tuamotus, was great for diving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.