Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:44 am

I'm about to cancel my awardbooking from 17.10 - 24-10. Any takers?

If interested PM me and we can coordinate..
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Byontik

PM sent!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by Byontik

You were holding onto a whole week and just now letting it go? Hope you get to go another time. How long did it take you to piece that together or did you get it right when the dates became available?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP75k, LH ft, IHG PlatAmb, BA, UA, AA
Just released 4/1/16 and 4/8-4/9/16. In case anyone can use them...
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:17 am

Possible August 2016 dates?

Just throwing it out there, but trying to piece together an early Aug 2016 trip. Aug 3rd or 5th? I appreciate any help! Will definitely be on the look out for any other dates, and return the favor.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:58 am

For those have that just been, did you get XPF prior to travel? Obviously CC can be used at the hotel, but what currency did you use to pay for cabs or shuttles, local shops, etc?

Trying to figure out if I should get some XPF now just to have some cash.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
You were holding onto a whole week and just now letting it go? Hope you get to go another time. How long did it take you to piece that together or did you get it right when the dates became available?
There used to be a way to book before the rooms were actually bookable.. Unfortunately no longer works
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tylerc
For those have that just been, did you get XPF prior to travel? Obviously CC can be used at the hotel, but what currency did you use to pay for cabs or shuttles, local shops, etc?

Trying to figure out if I should get some XPF now just to have some cash.
Did not get XPF prior to travel.. since this is the IC Thalasso thread, I am assuming you are going straight there from wherever you are coming frmo; you would book transportation (boat transfer) through the hotel (billed to room). Once arrived at hotel, was able to exchange USD for XPF at Front Desk. But also appears that most places take credit card (Supermarket, strip of stores in Vaitape). Also, the souvenir store at IC Thalasso allows you to bill charges to room ^
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Did not get XPF prior to travel.. since this is the IC Thalasso thread, I am assuming you are going straight there from wherever you are coming frmo; you would book transportation (boat transfer) through the hotel (billed to room). Once arrived at hotel, was able to exchange USD for XPF at Front Desk. But also appears that most places take credit card (Supermarket, strip of stores in Vaitape). Also, the souvenir store at IC Thalasso allows you to bill charges to room ^
Hi there! Quick question- how was the exchange rate at the hotel??
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

XPF is easily obtained at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:52 pm

I know a lot of people ask which Emerald OWB is the best...my vote is for 201. Yes, it is close to shore, but the water is still between knee and waist deep and it is one of the only Emerald rooms with unobstructed ocean views from the bed. There are do many places to see Mt. Otemanu from the property (and the deck of 201) that we strongly prefer to unspoiled ocean views. This was our view waking up this morning. You also get amazing breezes coming in off the bay. My apologies for the tablet cam.

http://i.imgur.com/X0PTWgB.jpg
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:47 pm

Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora

Any trick on finding available award nights at the Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora? Searching about 8 months out, I only see 2 or so random nights online? Is there any better luck with calling or anything?

How about the Intercontinental Le Moana in Bora Bora - that one shows more availability but only on the beach bungalow...any way to upgrade to overwater villa?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
Any trick on finding available award nights at the Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora? Searching about 8 months out, I only see 2 or so random nights online? Is there any better luck with calling or anything?

How about the Intercontinental Le Moana in Bora Bora - that one shows more availability but only on the beach bungalow...any way to upgrade to overwater villa?
Calling won't help for Thalasso. You can book Moana and then pay with cash for upgrade to OVB. You can also try purchasing Ambassador which would likely net you an upgrade to an OVB as long as the resort isn't too crowded.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by bmrisko
I know a lot of people ask which Emerald OWB is the best...my vote is for 201. Yes, it is close to shore, but the water is still between knee and waist deep and it is one of the only Emerald rooms with unobstructed ocean views from the bed. There are do many places to see Mt. Otemanu from the property (and the deck of 201) that we strongly prefer to unspoiled ocean views. This was our view waking up this morning. You also get amazing breezes coming in off the bay. My apologies for the tablet cam.

Thanks for posting that great view.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by bmrisko

Thanks for the pic! If you're still there, do you mind posting a few pics of the views from the deck as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.