Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by ethiopianbuffman
I booked this with points so I could get the OWB for the first half of the week, and then the 2nd week I have OWB at Hilton BOB. Originally I wanted to go to Moorea, but I don't know if I want to stay in the bottom tier room at the IC Moorea. I am mainly going to chill for the week, but wondering if a week in BOB is too long and if I am missing out on anything in Moorea. Thoughts for people who have been to both or only to BOB?
Wife and I went at the end of November 2013... and stayed for a week. First half was at Hilton (OWB) on free night redemptions. Second half was at IC Thalasso (OWB) on free night redemptions and points. A week seemed just about right. We chilled plenty. But a week also allowed us a day or two to get to the main island or include an excursion. (But then again, we definitely could've stayed longer in paradise.)

Two other notes:
1. Getting to/from the main island required a similar amount of energy/time from both resorts. (It was free during the day at IC Thalasso. It costed a couple dollars at the Hilton throughout the day.)
2. While the IC Thalasso felt more upscale, the snorkeling at the Hilton was much better!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, UA, USAir, Hawaiian, Southworst, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Cool, thanks for the info. Looks like I will just keep the reservations the way I have them. I am going to French Polynesia specifically for Bora Bora and so I have to take one less flight, that is more time relaxing.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Now that awards are into the Emerald OWB, is it worth it to buy Ambassador Status? I know the Sapphire room size is the same, but if it increases my odds significantly of an upgrade, I might consider it. (I know elite status doesn't apply on awards officially, and I'm Platinum via the credit card).

Very little IC travel otherwise.

Also, I was hopeful to swap one of my points nights (which is a stand alone res) with the annual free night from my credit card which comes later this month. Does that require current award availabilty or can they swap the points for the cert?

Thanks!

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 2, 2014 at 12:10 pm
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by beachfan
Now that awards are into the Emerald OWB, is it worth it to buy Ambassador Status? I know the Sapphire room size is the same, but if it increases my odds significantly of an upgrade, I might consider it. (I know elite status doesn't apply on awards officially, and I'm Platinum via the credit card).

Very little IC travel otherwise.

Also, I was hopeful to swap one of my points nights (which is a stand alone res) with the annual free night from my credit card which comes later this month. Does that require current award availabilty or can they swap the points for the cert?

Thanks!
From what I understand using the certificate does not pull from their award inventory. It is simply a "paid" stay and you give them the certificate instead of money. Can anyone else elaborate? I plan on doing the same thing with my stay in July. The points just go back into your account and then you use your free night, it isn't really a swap. I think I'll book the free night (certificate) and make sure that's anchored before I cancel the points award night. What month are you planning for?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
From what I understand using the certificate does not pull from their award inventory. It is simply a "paid" stay and you give them the certificate instead of money. Can anyone else elaborate?
Yes, you're right. You can select any room you want on "Ambassador cert" rate.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I'm looking to book a 6 or 7 night award stay. But I can't find a string of 6/7 award nights until next year (January or February 2015).

What is considered "peak" season here. Is the weather beautiful all year round? Would I be disappointed going in January? Can anyone recommend the best time of year to go?

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Yes, you're right. You can select any room you want on "Ambassador cert" rate.
Thanks for the fast reply. But, if you're not Ambassador and simply have the IHG credit card you get a free night annually and is it also just a certificate and therefore the room does not pull from award night inventory? My cc first anniversary is coming up and I will probably pay the annual and keep the card due to the free night. I've read that the free hotel night does pull from award availability, while the Ambassador BOGO does not.

To emurray077: January is summer in the South Pacific and is their rainier season. That doesn't mean it's bad weather all the time, but there is a greater chance of rain in Jan.-Feb. I know many who love going at that time due to it being off season, but I prefer their winter when it is dryer so I go July. But, it is harder to get award nights then, but not impossible. I know some who booked in Jan and it rained almost everyday, so I don't take a chance. Others do and have had success, but most of the folks I know that chance it can get more vacations than most anyhow and can go to FP more than most of us. My once a year vacation is too valuable to chance it going in their rainiest season.

Last edited by Churnman; Apr 2, 2014 at 12:30 pm
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:18 pm

Anyone have suggestions on booking for october using points and IHG card free night? When I checked last night there was only availability for beach bungalow at le mona.
There are no availability at all for thalasso even in march 2013.

Any one have any ideas?

Last edited by hc000; Mar 20, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by hc000
Anyone have suggestions on booking for october using points and IHG card free night? When I checked last night there was only availability for beach bungalow at le mona.
There are no availability at all for thalasso even in march 2013.

Any one have any ideas?
Call IHG national. Let them do an award availability search even though you did online.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by emurray077
I'm looking to book a 6 or 7 night award stay. But I can't find a string of 6/7 award nights until next year (January or February 2015).

What is considered "peak" season here. Is the weather beautiful all year round? Would I be disappointed going in January? Can anyone recommend the best time of year to go?

Thanks!
Same thing here, thought there are no Blackout dates? How come no award rooms are availble even by next JAN?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Same thing here, thought there are no Blackout dates? How come no award rooms are availble even by next JAN?
"No blackout dates" is not the same thing as "every single room we have can all be booked on points at once". If the allotted number of reward nights have already been booked, there will be no rooms available.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
"No blackout dates" is not the same thing as "every single room we have can all be booked on points at once". If the allotted number of reward nights have already been booked, there will be no rooms available.
So basicly 85% of the next 12months have been booked at least one night already as an award? Impressive
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Atlantico
So basicly 85% of the next 12months have been booked at least one night already as an award? Impressive
No idea how many rooms have been booked on points here, but I suspect that bookings increased pretty drastically when they started releasing OWV's for points redemptions. That made this hotel arguably the best use of PC points in the system and was reported on a ton of blogs. Similar thing happened with the Conrad Maldives once HH announced their massive devaluation over a year ago-- point availability dried up pretty quickly.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Wish more folks understood this concept. It's probably the most misunderstood hotel reward policy across most chains.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ps9a
No idea how many rooms have been booked on points here, but I suspect that bookings increased pretty drastically when they started releasing OWV's for points redemptions. That made this hotel arguably the best use of PC points in the system and was reported on a ton of blogs. Similar thing happened with the Conrad Maldives once HH announced their massive devaluation over a year ago-- point availability dried up pretty quickly.
Bingo. At least, I know I jumped right on it and booked us there again when they did this ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.