Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
Whatta ya know, I checked Dec. 6 and it shows 50,000 points per night. First time I've hit bingo, so I guess I'll need to do a lot more searching. Do you think that availability is due to that being the rainy season?
Plenty of nights available, but if you're searching for 7 nights at a time, there's a decent probability one or more of them is sold out (including May9th-15th, inclusive, as you noted earlier, though May 16th is available this moment). I expect it'll continue to be harder to redeem during high season... shouldn't be too surprising. Very easy to click on "view available dates" when your search comes up negative for your desired dates...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Stayed here in April and it is hands down the best hotel I've stayed at period. Booked 4 nights with points and was placed in an Emerald Overwater Bungalow. What a steal, with rates at about $1,200 a night! I wrote a review and posted pictures on my blog if anyone is interested. I can answer any questions if needed too. We did the jet-ski and spa and they were awesome! The jet-ski isn't a bad deal at about $300 for 2 people to share a jet ski for a 2 hour tour. The spa is quite expensive, but once in a lifetime experience. Here's my review of the resort:
http://romsdeals.com/2014/06/18/ic-t...nd-spa-review/
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Booked 4 nights with points and was placed in an Emerald Overwater Bungalow.
Thanks Rom. How for in advance did you book? Did you use the online calendar or call in your reservation by phone?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
Thanks Rom. How for in advance did you book? Did you use the online calendar or call in your reservation by phone?
I booked it before they opened it to overwater bungalows. I originally was in a garden suite, but got upgraded. I did it about 6 months prior. Not sure what the situation is exactly now.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:24 am

I've been eyeing this property as my likely honeymoon destination when the time came. Now that were engaged and looking for a wedding venue/date for roughly a year from now I've started to check out reward nights. I'm extremely disappointed to see nothing in all of June 2015. Are they only releasing one award per night now and it's getting snapped up as soon as it becomes available? Really a bummer as I'd gladly have paid the $250/night to upgrade from coral suite if it meant easy availability of awards.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by terpfan101
I've been eyeing this property as my likely honeymoon destination when the time came. Now that were engaged and looking for a wedding venue/date for roughly a year from now I've started to check out reward nights. I'm extremely disappointed to see nothing in all of June 2015. Are they only releasing one award per night now and it's getting snapped up as soon as it becomes available? Really a bummer as I'd gladly have paid the $250/night to upgrade from coral suite if it meant easy availability of awards.
Their booking calendar only goes out to June 22. If you look at the availability calendar, June 19-22 are all currently available. If you really want to stay here, I'd book those three nights now, and keep checking back daily until you've locked in the ending nights you want.

Another option would be to book a mix of Thalasso and Le Moana, as lots of people do. Starting at Le Moana has the added benefit of allowing you to stock up on provisions at the shop down the street in order to save money for important things like the spa

Edited to add: you no longer need to worry about getting stuck in the coral suite. All award nights are in emerald OWBs.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: N/A
Is it difficult to use my free award night at this location for a premium date if i booked over 2-3 months in advance?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:12 pm

Award availability looks terrible. How is it possible that only 3 days are available in almost the entire year? Do they have different availability if you are signed in/have status? Only 3 days this far out seems nuts! Do you get better availability if you call?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:01 pm

You have to keep in mind that this is, afaik, one of two resorts in Bora Bora that you can book directly into an OWB. Only 21/82 villas are emerald, and I'm sure they try not to open up too much space during peak season(does anyone actually know?). I was lucky enough to have booked for the off season, and scooped up my remaining days when IHG transitioned to booking directly into OWB. We're visiting in November, and it looks like we are going to have end our stay in Le Moana because the space just hasn't opened up.

Originally Posted by JBG89
Is it difficult to use my free award night at this location for a premium date if i booked over 2-3 months in advance?
I'm curious about this also. My annual renewal is coming up, and I would love to use the cert to add an additional day at Thasallo.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:07 am

Which one is the other one that gives you villas? Moana and Hilton give you a beach/garden rooms, right?

And now there is no availability what so ever. Not even for June 23rd.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Which one is the other one that gives you villas? Moana and Hilton give you a beach/garden rooms, right?

And now there is no availability what so ever. Not even for June 23rd.

I believe Hilton books into OWV(found one for 277,000 hhonors points per night)

Le Moana is a beach bungalow and Moorea(granted not in bora bora) books into a standard room I believe.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: RA, QANTAS Club Platinum
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Stayed here in April and it is hands down the best hotel I've stayed at period. Booked 4 nights with points and was placed in an Emerald Overwater Bungalow. What a steal, with rates at about $1,200 a night! I wrote a review and posted pictures on my blog if anyone is interested. I can answer any questions if needed too. We did the jet-ski and spa and they were awesome! The jet-ski isn't a bad deal at about $300 for 2 people to share a jet ski for a 2 hour tour. The spa is quite expensive, but once in a lifetime experience. Here's my review of the resort:
http://romsdeals.com/2014/06/18/ic-t...nd-spa-review/
Hi what is the airport that you fly into? Then how do you get from the airport to the hotel, you mentioned a boat, was that arranged by you or by the hotel?

thanks
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Kindred
Hi what is the airport that you fly into? Then how do you get from the airport to the hotel, you mentioned a boat, was that arranged by you or by the hotel?

thanks
The airport you will fly into is BOB and most people have their hotels to pick them up from BOB.

BTW, this information has been extensively discussed in this thread...
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by lewende
BTW, this information has been extensively discussed in this thread...
^^^

By the way, I don't see what the big fuss is over this hotel. I have stayed at both this and LeMoana, and actually prefer LeMoana as being a bit more down to earth. It is certainly also a beautiful property with a few more options for getting around and out to dinner, town, etc. Same owner and same service for both.

Buzz
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:37 am

I was planning on booking a trip for late June 2015 on points, but couldn't get availability. I figured it would "sell out" quickly on points, so decided to book 1 night at a time. I checked availability for earlier in the month, and there were 4 nights on points available each day (I would check right when availability opened up at 9 pm PST).

2 nights ago, I checked for 6/29-6/30 at 9:02 pm, and there was only 1 night available and I took it. Last night, I checked right at 9:00 pm (maybe 30-40 seconds after the minute hand hit the "12"), and no nights were available on points. This means either the hotel didn't release ANY nights on points this day during peak season (which I don't think is allowed); or it released just 1 and someone else beat me to it by a matter of seconds. Either way, my plans for that hotel don't look like they'll materialize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.