Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyhen
We are planning on going there in April 2015. How's the weather around that time? Got 5 free nights to redeem at IC Bora^2
Good luck finding availability at the Thalasso for 5 consecutive nights. It appears that award availability has been drastically reduced for this property.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
We are planning on going there in April 2015. How's the weather around that time? Got 5 free nights to redeem at IC Bora^2
It's the end of the rainy season but we have been there at least 4 times in April and the most we've gotten was a few showers... weather has been great. As to point nights, the Thalasso is tough be we always stay at the Le Moana and love that place...
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That's kinda sucky to hear, oh well. thanks for the heads up, when will I have better luck at finding award nights anyways?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Good luck finding availability at the Thalasso for 5 consecutive nights. It appears that award availability has been drastically reduced for this property.
Could get 14 nights for november (emerald ow). Hope the weather is still good at this time..?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:39 am

That's kinda sucky to hear, oh well. thanks for the heads up, when will I have better luck at finding award nights anyways?
The Le Moana is a lovely place, trust me. Same operator and only about a mile from the Thalasso... they are good about UGing points nights to OTB's if you have any status... It's more convenient to dining outside the hotel grounds and has a great staff...
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Marco159
Could get 14 nights for november (emerald ow). Hope the weather is still good at this time..?
November is the beginning of the rainy season. We will be there this November and don't think the weather will be a problem. Worst months are January and February for rain... during the midst of summer.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
It is tough to book consecutive nights if your dates are not 1 yr out. I was able to book 10 consecutive nights in June using points but was only able to do this by booking each night at midnight as they opened up award space for 10 days.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:40 am

Need 1 or two more nights from July 8~12. I have secured few nights early Aug. Let me know if anyone would like to work something out
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
It is tough to book consecutive nights if your dates are not 1 yr out. I was able to book 10 consecutive nights in June using points but was only able to do this by booking each night at midnight as they opened up award space for 10 days.
Same here, booked 10 in May. This is the way to go.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:41 pm

Do these actually open up at midnight? I've been monitoring this on and off and it seems completely sporadic where nights don't necessarily show up at midnight. Is it midnight EST? I wanted to book 2 or 3 nights in Sept/Oct and 3 nights at the Moana.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
It is midnight EST. There should be availability for Le Moana?

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Do these actually open up at midnight? I've been monitoring this on and off and it seems completely sporadic where nights don't necessarily show up at midnight. Is it midnight EST? I wanted to book 2 or 3 nights in Sept/Oct and 3 nights at the Moana.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:12 pm

So I just tried to book for Oct 3, 2015 and I don't see it as being released. Currently 12.11am EST. Also, if you try to book for the 2nd, the website sets the check-out date to Sep 3rd instead of Oct 3rd since Oct 3rd hasn't been released yet (at least on the website). What am I doing wrong here?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:17 pm

Never mind...it just came up, but Thalasso seems to be either not released or booked.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:22 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
So, they are releasing 1 room for awards only at 1 year out? Is this standard policy for IHG hotels? Do they not have to release a certain % of rooms for awards? I think this is a huge disappointment as I was planning a return visit after our honeymoon there a few years ago. If they indeed changed their policy it would be a huge devaluation of the program as their premier hotel is no longer accessible on points.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by vmsea
Just a dissenting opinion here, but i would do 4+5..

My wife and I enjoyed Moorea much more.
Bora Bora is all that more.. but it's natural beauty and you kinda take it for granted a little after a while. The snorkeling, and activities are way better at Moorea.

In Moorea, you can spend:
a day doing the shark/ray tour
a day ATVing / touring the island (which the ATV takes you around to)
snorkelling right off the OWB at Moorea ..
1 day just to laze around.

5 days in Bora is plenty b/c your activities are basically:
- laze around by the pool (snorkelling is no fun on a sandy bottom)
- jetski around the island
- go to the mainland to checkout the small town / bike a bit
- baby making.

If you dive.. diving is pretty decent at both places, but Moorea was a bit better with the sharks and marine life i thought.
The view is spectacular at Bora2, but plenty to do/love about Moorea.
Just wanted to chime back in and say so far I'm sticking with 3 Hilton Moorea + 6 Thalasso Bora Bora. Thinking that we can try to go as late in the day as possible from Moorea to Bora Bora, the cash rates are ~$350 vs $950, and I'd have to pay extra to upgrade at the Hilton. The only pros other than the activities you mention are that as a Hilton gold breakfast would be included. What other activities are there to do in Bora Bora?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.