Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Hey - has anyone been to Bora Bora in December btw? We are having an upcoming stay at the Thalasso Dec 21 for 4 nights & are slightly nervous about the weather.

Does anyone have experience with being there in Dec?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by gorgeoustresses
Hey - has anyone been to Bora Bora in December btw? We are having an upcoming stay at the Thalasso Dec 21 for 4 nights & are slightly nervous about the weather.

Does anyone have experience with being there in Dec?
Nervous or not, weather is something that nobody has control over. Don't sweat it.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:00 am

We are heading to the Thalasso in December for our honeymoon and getting very excited. Can someone please let us know if getting Ambassador status (platinum then paying $200) is worth it if we're staying on points. Will we receive anything different at this hotel than if we did not purchase the status? I would assume that the hotel will not be filled as its the beginning of rainy season and off-peak.

Also, any tips people have that might be underrated? I've read bring some Nespresso capsules, a few snacks, and maybe buy some alcohol duty free (is this an issue on the flight to BB?) at the Papette airport for the room. The idea is to save a few bucks where we can so that we can do as many excursions (jet skis, sharks/rays, spa) as possible.

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:22 pm

post removed

Last edited by bubbabp; Nov 20, 2014 at 1:43 pm
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RedAverages
We are heading to the Thalasso in December for our honeymoon and getting very excited. Can someone please let us know if getting Ambassador status (platinum then paying $200) is worth it if we're staying on points. Will we receive anything different at this hotel than if we did not purchase the status? I would assume that the hotel will not be filled as its the beginning of rainy season and off-peak.

Also, any tips people have that might be underrated? I've read bring some Nespresso capsules, a few snacks, and maybe buy some alcohol duty free (is this an issue on the flight to BB?) at the Papette airport for the room. The idea is to save a few bucks where we can so that we can do as many excursions (jet skis, sharks/rays, spa) as possible.

Thanks!

If you're going to get Amb you might do better to wait until you're at the resort, and inquire when you're there about purchasing. My understanding is each hotel has a quota in terms of sign-ups they need to get monthly, and tend to do a bit more for those who sign up in person. I experienced this myself at the ICSF with a friend who signed up when they came along with me (I was RA at the time -- he was upgraded to a room as Amb that I had only gotten once as RA!)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by bubbabp
I have 2 separate 3 night award bookings for IC Thalasso, one sep 5-8 and the other sep 11-14 of next year which I will very likely be cancelling the next few days. From past experience, the award nights should become available as soon as I hit cancel, if anyone has interest in these dates, msg me and we can coordinate a time to swap them.
Very generous, I have a stay in the third week of September and really would've loved to work this out with you but you have the weekend dates where I'm using BOGOs!!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:32 pm

Anyone has experience of staying on points + Amb purchase at the resort? What kind of perks do you get? Thanks before-hand.

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
If you're going to get Amb you might do better to wait until you're at the resort, and inquire when you're there about purchasing. My understanding is each hotel has a quota in terms of sign-ups they need to get monthly, and tend to do a bit more for those who sign up in person. I experienced this myself at the ICSF with a friend who signed up when they came along with me (I was RA at the time -- he was upgraded to a room as Amb that I had only gotten once as RA!)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
This is quite interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:00 am

Lightbulb 6 nights in Bora Bora, 350 days in advance

I just completed making reward night reservations: 3 nights at Le Moana Bora Bora and 3 nights at Thalasso. I made the reservations one night at a time, 350 days out, the maximum allowed on the web site.

350 Day in Advance Limit

Apparently, the web developers have both the check-in and checkout limit set to 350 days in advance. There is one small "trick" I discovered to make the reservation exactly 350 days out. One the Make a Reservation web page, I had to select the arrival and the departure date as 350 days out, e.g. Friday, Nov 13, 2015. It does not allow me to select my real checkout day of Saturday, Nov 14, since that is 351 days out. Click on the Find a Hotel. The next screen provides an error message, "There were no hotels found using your specified search criteria. Please try again by changing your selections." This screen allows selecting Nov 14 as a checkout date, even though it is grayed out. Click on the "Change Search" button and up comes the search results. There may be an easier way to do this, or the web developers might fix this. But this works for me now so I thought I would share it for anyone who wants to make a one night reservation exactly 350 days out.

Reward Space Availability

On the last screen, before confirming the reservation, there is a box on the left side of the web page that says,
"EMERALD OVERWATER VILLA. . . Only 4 rooms left!" I may be reading too much between the lines, but I'm guessing this means there are 4 rooms available for reward space. There are 19 or so Emerald rooms at the resort.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:39 am

Tip for anyone booking on AMB BOGO, the diamond otemanu end of pontoon is going for $100 more than emerald, ie. 110,000 XPF v. 100,000 XPF. Diamonds are priced at 143,000 XPF...probably a mistake, I cant find the cheaper end of pontoon using regular search. Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale?

That said, does anyone have any feedback on end of pontoon? We prefer to be closer to land for shallower water...but may decide to do a few nights in our usual emerald 202-205 and a few nights with the end of pontoon or otemanu view. call us weird, but we liked 205 the best, facing the beach.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by patchan8984
That said, does anyone have any feedback on end of pontoon? We prefer to be closer to land for shallower water...but may decide to do a few nights in our usual emerald 202-205 and a few nights with the end of pontoon or otemanu view. call us weird, but we liked 205 the best, facing the beach.
Similarly, does anyone else have recommendations for an Emerald Villa? I had a difficult time finding recent discussion on this topic in the thread.

From looking at the property map, some villas may have more privacy than others, may be quieter, offer a better view, etc. As an example, several Emerald Villas face the boat dock, which could be somewhat noisy.

TIA
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by dedkends
Similarly, does anyone else have recommendations for an Emerald Villa? I had a difficult time finding recent discussion on this topic in the thread.

From looking at the property map, some villas may have more privacy than others, may be quieter, offer a better view, etc. As an example, several Emerald Villas face the boat dock, which could be somewhat noisy.

TIA
You may request a specific Emerald OWB, but you will never be guaranteed for that room.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by dedkends

TIA
I recommend 202-205, 205 being the best. We were in 203 last time. Don't get stuck on the boat dock side. The other emeralds aren't as private. If you have status, better chance in getting your request honored.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:24 pm

So We're going in May and there is no availability for the entire month? Doing calendar search, there doesnt appear to be any for the whole year past january? am I doing something wrong? thanks
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:17 pm

Nope...availability went to zero once their base room reward was an overwater bungalow. Practically impossible unless you book very far out or check very often for people canceling reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.